User Tag List

View Poll Results: How beautiful / handsome do you think you are?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • NF - above average attractiveness

8 8.00%
  • NF - average attractiveness

28 28.00%
  • NF - below average attractiveness

9 9.00%
  • SJ - above average attractiveness

0 0%
  • SJ - average attractiveness

2 2.00%
  • SJ - below average attractiveness

1 1.00%
  • SP - above average attractiveness

3 3.00%
  • SP - average attractiveness

8 8.00%
  • SP - below average attractiveness

0 0%
  • NT - above average attractiveness

15 15.00%
  • NT - average attractiveness

20 20.00%
  • NT - below average attractiveness

6 6.00%
First 23456 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Either nearly every NF has body dysmorphic disorder or we've got a bunch of fug NFs.

I'm assuming above average means 6+ on the 1-10 scale and I think I make it so I voted that. Plus, Christina Aguilera or whatever her name is says I am beautiful no matter what they say, and she's famous so I think she knows what she's talking about.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Average if you factor all things together. Certain parts are above average, others considerably below and others somewhere in the middle. Altogether - average.
    That's how I feel, but the last person I was with basically said that my best feature was my face and my personality, and even if my body wasn't what I wished it could be, in person the combination of everything working together made me attractive to them even if I could dissect myself into parts that were and weren't physically attractive.

IOW, I think for some it's a big-picture, total package thing; and just because some parts are average or below doesn't necessarily meant the entire package ends up average or below par.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    If the standard for beauty is a 6', blonde-haired, blue-eyed, overly-buxom goddess
    That's a bit tall...

I imagine that would be a midget for a Na'vi though.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That's a bit tall...

I imagine that would be a midget for a Na'vi though.
    "I see you... and crap, you're tiny!"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My perceptions have a history of being a bit distorted about my appearance. This is also added to the fact that I tend to be more unaware of my appearance than what is culturally conditioned for women. I don't have a consistent opinion on it, and not sure how it matters if I achieve one except that it is supposed to help social confidence. I'll admit to a funny mind-trick that happens to me, I easily imagine I look like various people. This is especially true after watching a movie. I'll find I relate to a character, sometimes unknowingly until I leave the theater and have a fleeting sense that I look like they do. I have also used my imagination negatively to conjure self-images that were not tired directly to reality.

I think a sense of how one feels about appearance is related to how they feel socially.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Above average. My face isn't horribly deformed. It's a bit like the average (for females of my color), plus it has some qualities that are perceived as attractive, according to some scientific theories (big eyes, no wide jaw). I have a very light skin, so I died my hair darker so it wouldn't make me look ill and this color suits me very well. And my body is pretty much in proportion according to science (75D-69-101), I just have to work on my arms. I thought I was very ugly in my teens, even though I never had acne, but thanks to science I learned that I look above average. (However, I learned that with "UGLY" they only meant unpopular back then. Thank God, I'd rather be stunning and hated than popular and hideous.)
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

If physical beauty meant looking something like a Victoria's Secret model, that would make me average. I look more like a librarian or scientist, lol. Inner beauty is another story though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't think my sevenness will really allow me to say ugly hurtful things to myself too much without at least following it up with something positive or encouraging so even if there are things about my appearance i don't love i still feel pretty confident about it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    i dont know. i dont really know what makes a man attractive
    Post a picture, and I will dissolve your uncertainty.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Just about average. I get better as I get older. I could stand to be taller but that won't happen. My hair is either awesome or awful. There is no happy medium.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.