• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How intelligent do you think you are?

How intelligent do you think you are?

• NF - above average intelligence

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • NF - average intelligence

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NF - below average intelligence

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SJ - above average intelligence

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • SJ - average intelligence

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • SJ - below average intelligence

• SP - above average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • SP - average intelligence

• SP - below average intelligence

• NT - above average intelligence

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • NT - average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • NT - below average intelligence

• Total voters

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Funny how some members seem to want to draw conclusions about types based on the responses here. That alone isn't a problem, but just remember that 1) There is no causation, only correlation (because OP's research method falls under the category of naturalistic observation) 2) Projecting based on facts is your own issue.

Based on the certified paper I.Q. test I took, my IQ is in the 140~150 range. I have not been officially tested based on Howard Gardner's system, but I would presume (looking at my past academic/non-academic achievements and behavioral tendencies) I would score above average on 2, 3, and 7, about average on 6, 8, and 9, and below average on 1, 4, and 5.

1. Naturalist Intelligence
2. Musical Intelligence
3. Logical-Mathematical Intelligence
4. Existential Intelligence
5. Interpersonal Intelligence
6. Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence
7. Linguistic Intelligence
8. Intra-personal Intelligence
9. Spatial Intelligence

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose I am above average, even if just slightly. I did better in school than average, got a higher SAT score than average, and was in the gifted program after taking something like an IQ test, etc. I still learn quickly as an adult and grasp relatively difficult concepts pretty easily. I realize these things alone don't determine intelligence, but I don't know how else to guage myself without being delusional or conceited :p.

wolfy

awsm
I don't actually know what average intelligence is but above average seemed the intelligent choice.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Intelligence is relative. There are some things that I think I can do better than most. Other things I suck at. e.g. I have a decent memory. Does that make me more intelligent? I suck at immediately understanding something. Does that make me less intelligent? Once I get a chance to examine something "fully" I think I get an understanding of that thing better than almost anyone. I used to think that was the "true" definition of intelligence.

My istj brother has the ability to set a goal and get it done. To me that's a form of intelligence. I suck at that. My little sister seems to have the ability to always be doing something that makes her happy. I get the sense that no matter which situation she's put in, she'd find a way to make herself happy. That ability is something I wish I had (more of). The way I see it intelligence is too vague a concept to measure. To measure it is to define it and once you start defining it you immediately start to take away from some of it's meaning. Thus measuring "it" is impossible.

You can measure some aspects of "it" but measuring all aspects is probably impossible and even if it were possible what purpose would it serve? So after all that, I consider myself of average intelligence. I've never met anyone who I'd consider of above average intelligence. I have met a lot of people who are good at arguing logically, understanding concepts, manipulating objects, memorizing etc...

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I did this online test two days ago, and I got an IQ score of 113. I always get something between 110 and 120. People usually assume I'm a genius, but I'm "just" above average. A year ago I also did a test for multiple intelligences and there I scored 114. So I'm above averagely smart, but I'm totally overrated.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah, I see what you're saying. Maybe I'm lucky to have grown up in Hong Kong. Intelligence is pretty much always a good thing.

Yeah in the US, if you're stacked, you're good. Brains really don't matter.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
We lately had a guy at work, age 42, who wrote in his application form that his IQ is with 125 above average and we thought to ourselves: wow 42 yrs and still not grown up. I passed the mensa application aswell, I scored the lowest points possible but I passed it and tho it was in a foreign language. I dunno, we have so much genius on the world, it's a wonder it still doesnt revolve the other way around by now

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, Mensa eligibility means being in the 98th percentile, or top 2% of the population. With 6 billion people, that's still 120 million geniuses around :D

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Relative to my community I am well above-average. Relative to my classmates I am above average. Relative to TypoC I am a dumbass. :)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Secretly going for abnormally intelligent I just let a little thing like lead dull my beautiful mind.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I tested pretty well when I went somewhere to get my IQ tested (I think I got a 134) but I don't really buy the whole IQ thing, it can't measure every spectrum of intelligence the human mind is capable of, and I was only forced to take it because my parents thought I was 'slow'. :dry:

I'd say in real life, I'm probably above average. On here, I'd guess I'm probably below, as there seem to be a lot of smarties lurking around. :smile:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I want to say above, but I think I may end up rather average overall. I've never taken an offical test.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
On here, I'd guess I'm probably below, as there seem to be a lot of smarties lurking around. :smile:

smarties-3.jpg

Oooh, can I be a purple one?

Snow Turtle

Relative to my community I am well above-average. Relative to my classmates I am above average. Relative to TypoC I am a dumbass. :)

Haha. Pretty much this. :yes:

I've never taken an official test before but I reckon my score is somewhere around 110-115.

Having said that I completely mess up on verbal intelligence measures. The 115 IQ points is only a measure of how I perform in language independent tests such as the Ravens Matrices... iqtest.dk

According to intelligence theorists. These sort of things are the best indicator of general intelligence which affect all other intelligence variables. Supposedly high performance in one test means that you are likely to perform well in other tests.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Conclusion: 78.18% said they are above average.

41.82% are NTs.

Interesting

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I am NT and 100% certain that I am of above average intelligence as measured by most metrics known to me.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
85% NTs think they're above average... of course we need more people for the poll. Honestly I think the rest of the 15% secretly think that they are above average too lol.

Theoretically at least one of those four, might actually be very intelligent, as some very intelligent people think they are not very intelligent which is just weird.

rav3n

Conclusion: 78.18% said they are above average.

41.82% are NTs.

Interesting
This should come as no surprise since most NTs value their minds and enjoy the challenge of flexing them. The more of the mind you use and the more often the usage, the more neural pathways remain open as you age. As this relates to the standarised IQ testing, you're attempting to maximise your IQ potential.

T

ThatGirl

Either I am above average intelligence, or the rest of the world is below.

:D