• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How intelligent do you think you are?

How intelligent do you think you are?

• NF - above average intelligence

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • NF - average intelligence

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • NF - below average intelligence

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • SJ - above average intelligence

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • SJ - average intelligence

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • SJ - below average intelligence

• SP - above average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • SP - average intelligence

• SP - below average intelligence

• NT - above average intelligence

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • NT - average intelligence

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • NT - below average intelligence

• Total voters

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you must be a really dull knife, if the spoons are sharper
But a knife is not a spoon. The dullest knife in the spoon drawer is still a knife, and may be much sharper than the spoons. Of course the only knife in the spoon drawer will be both sharpest and dullest, as there are no others to compare it with.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But a knife is not a spoon. The dullest knife in the spoon drawer is still a knife, and may be much sharper than the spoons. Of course the only knife in the spoon drawer will be both sharpest and dullest, as there are no others to compare it with.

perhaps, but you can sometimes cut things with a spoon. so i say the knife is probably duller than the spoons

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
perhaps, but you can sometimes cut things with a spoon. so i say the knife is probably duller than the spoons
Jack's statement provided no basis for such a conclusion.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a peculiar mix of dumb and very intelligent. Overall, I'm probably about 1/4th above average in the brains department. Not nearly smart enough to do many of the things I wish I could do.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm selectively intelligent.

I play dumb a lot to diffuse situations, because I actually don't like conflict especially in an unfamiliar setting. I am just so used to being the smartest person in the room, that I have developed some pride that I don't like challanged.

Then sometimes I get so caught up in a situation I believe strongly in, that I start acting stupid because my emotions have betrayed me. My intelligence is much more orientated around future planning, organization, and forseeing possibilities. Now if only socializing was more predictable...oh wait it is. I just don't care about most people's feelings. But I do find value on not making enemies and getting along. Its why I learned to tell jokes and poke fun at people. It comes off very quirky though, so people think Im weird.

I also feel that people keep trying to force me into a framework, and I am not getting into it nope. Especially moral framework, as the basis for their logical conclusions. While I have my own morals and values, I tend to leave them behind when understanding a concept. Not trying to fit it into my own like tetris.

rav3n

If intelligence is defined as tested IQ, I'm above average. If EQ is considered a larger component of intelligence, I suck.
Since this post from 2010, I've taken a few EQ tests. Apparently, my EQ's surprisingly pretty high.

Well, Mensa eligibility means being in the 98th percentile, or top 2% of the population. With 6 billion people, that's still 120 million geniuses around :D
98th percentile =/= genius. It's the gifted category. There are geniuses in Mensa but not all Mensa members are geniuses.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can’t afford to take a real IQ test. I took the Mensa sample test and deduced 122 from my result. From another test online, I got 130, but I don’t trust online tests.

My son is gifted but he probably got that from his mother.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Intelligent enough for tests (IQ, actual exams) to be reflective of it and to be socially affirmed that I am generally intelligent,
anywhere I go I can be assured that someone or somethree or someeveryone will mention my intelligence,

Stupid enough that I don't hecking know why? And think that I'm not.

tldr; do you think you're intelligent? - No.
Do others think so? - Yes. (???)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I can beat most 10 year olds at checkers, so definitely in the top 50%.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I tend to go by how effective one is at bringing that intelligence into the world.

I generally feel very below average and with the above criteria that seems justified. If I am intelligent in any sense, it's in ways that aren't effective in most situations.

I've always been skeptical of multiple intelligence theories but I think they stem from a confusion over emotional stability, I think without that stability, that intelligence is difficult to make use of.Although while I also acknowledge that there are exceptions throughout history, I think for those above the average, I think this broadly remains true.

And if I was to pigeon hole a type of intelligence, it would be the kind that manifests in puerile forms of academia, celebrating what is abstracted into obscurity, without a tie back to effecting an actual realm of existence.

I'm more than irritated by the "tortured genius" archetype that many seem to adopt to cover up the pain of knowing that, for all their intelligence, they are functionally useless to themselves and others in most practical situations.

If a person can verbalise an intelligent idea, but only brings it into being in an ineffective fashion, how intelligent can that person be?

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to go by how effective one is at bringing that intelligence into the world.
That is my strong suit, which suggests I am often credited with more raw intelligence than I actually have. Same with physical strength. I am not a large person, and have no more than average strength for my size, but I will step forward and do what needs to be done.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm amazed I don't get more oatmeal all over the kitchen.

(SJ, average intelligence)

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I seem to average 90ish but I don't completely fail at life. :laugh:

Mole

Permabanned
We are all normal except for a tiny number who are subnormal at one end, and abnormal at the other end.

Lib

Permabanned
My IQ is high enough to upset many members with my insecurities :D

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
There seems to be a correlation between intuition and IQ. But I know a female ISTJ with a high IQ.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I’ve got reasons to believe I’m above average intelligence :cool:

I'm always quick to learn things (you won't believe how many exams I aced after starting learning about it the following day/evening) and I've got a really good memory. Plus I'm a fast-thinker, I'm often two steps ahead of others and I'm very knowledgeable too.

I like to think I'm 50% intelligence, 50% street smart :D