User Tag List

View Poll Results: How intelligent do you think you are?

71. You may not vote on this poll
  • NF - above average intelligence

20 28.17%
  • NF - average intelligence

7 9.86%
  • NF - below average intelligence

1 1.41%
  • SJ - above average intelligence

2 2.82%
  • SJ - average intelligence

0 0%
  • SJ - below average intelligence

1 1.41%
  • SP - above average intelligence

4 5.63%
  • SP - average intelligence

1 1.41%
  • SP - below average intelligence

0 0%
  • NT - above average intelligence

30 42.25%
  • NT - average intelligence

4 5.63%
  • NT - below average intelligence

1 1.41%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How intelligent do you think you are?

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    5w4 sp/so

Funny how some members seem to want to draw conclusions about types based on the responses here. That alone isn't a problem, but just remember that 1) There is no causation, only correlation (because OP's research method falls under the category of naturalistic observation) 2) Projecting based on facts is your own issue.

Based on the certified paper I.Q. test I took, my IQ is in the 140~150 range. I have not been officially tested based on Howard Gardner's system, but I would presume (looking at my past academic/non-academic achievements and behavioral tendencies) I would score above average on 2, 3, and 7, about average on 6, 8, and 9, and below average on 1, 4, and 5.

1. Naturalist Intelligence
    2. Musical Intelligence
    3. Logical-Mathematical Intelligence
    4. Existential Intelligence
    5. Interpersonal Intelligence
    6. Bodily-Kinesthetic Intelligence
    7. Linguistic Intelligence
    8. Intra-personal Intelligence
    9. Spatial Intelligence
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

I suppose I am above average, even if just slightly. I did better in school than average, got a higher SAT score than average, and was in the gifted program after taking something like an IQ test, etc. I still learn quickly as an adult and grasp relatively difficult concepts pretty easily. I realize these things alone don't determine intelligence, but I don't know how else to guage myself without being delusional or conceited :P.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

I don't actually know what average intelligence is but above average seemed the intelligent choice.

Permabanned Array

Intelligence is relative. There are some things that I think I can do better than most. Other things I suck at. e.g. I have a decent memory. Does that make me more intelligent? I suck at immediately understanding something. Does that make me less intelligent? Once I get a chance to examine something "fully" I think I get an understanding of that thing better than almost anyone. I used to think that was the "true" definition of intelligence.

My istj brother has the ability to set a goal and get it done. To me that's a form of intelligence. I suck at that. My little sister seems to have the ability to always be doing something that makes her happy. I get the sense that no matter which situation she's put in, she'd find a way to make herself happy. That ability is something I wish I had (more of). The way I see it intelligence is too vague a concept to measure. To measure it is to define it and once you start defining it you immediately start to take away from some of it's meaning. Thus measuring "it" is impossible.

You can measure some aspects of "it" but measuring all aspects is probably impossible and even if it were possible what purpose would it serve? So after all that, I consider myself of average intelligence. I've never met anyone who I'd consider of above average intelligence. I have met a lot of people who are good at arguing logically, understanding concepts, manipulating objects, memorizing etc...

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

I did this online test two days ago, and I got an IQ score of 113. I always get something between 110 and 120. People usually assume I'm a genius, but I'm "just" above average. A year ago I also did a test for multiple intelligences and there I scored 114. So I'm above averagely smart, but I'm totally overrated.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. Maybe I'm lucky to have grown up in Hong Kong. Intelligence is pretty much always a good thing.
    Yeah in the US, if you're stacked, you're good. Brains really don't matter.

3w2 so

We lately had a guy at work, age 42, who wrote in his application form that his IQ is with 125 above average and we thought to ourselves: wow 42 yrs and still not grown up. I passed the mensa application aswell, I scored the lowest points possible but I passed it and tho it was in a foreign language. I dunno, we have so much genius on the world, it's a wonder it still doesnt revolve the other way around by now
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

Well, Mensa eligibility means being in the 98th percentile, or top 2% of the population. With 6 billion people, that's still 120 million geniuses around
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Relative to my community I am well above-average. Relative to my classmates I am above average. Relative to TypoC I am a dumbass.

Secretly going for abnormally intelligent I just let a little thing like lead dull my beautiful mind.