• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question that sometimes drives me hazy

H

Hate

...Am I or are the others crazy?

-A.E.

Are you crazy? Am I? How would one know?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not sure, but as long as nice people wearing white aren't making me eat my meals with a spork, I'm going with the "I'm somewhat sane" option! :)

H

Hate

:laugh:

Now, when one can analyze that question about themselves does it automatically negate the notion that they’re not crazy?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know... maybe the fact that you ARE analyzing the question about yourself is a sign of insanity :thelook:

and I'm just a figment of your imagination :whistling:

H

Hate

:) But wait a minute though, I thought it was actually the opposite of that. I thought that a person having the capacity to analyze that was actually a sign of sanity.

I'm not analyzing this about myself though. I just felt like quoting Einstein. :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh no!!! I was actually reading Einstein quotes earlier this evening as well and thought that sounded familiar from somewhere :doh:

:blush:

:shock:

are our brains connected?!?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have come to the conclusion that, save a for a few semi sane people I have encountered..

It's definitely all of you who are out of your freaking minds.. No offense. :D

H

Hate

oh no!!! I was actually reading Einstein quotes earlier this evening as well and thought that sounded familiar from somewhere :doh:

Haha... that's why I put 'A.E.' after the quote instead on Einstein. Didn't wanna make it too obvious.

are our brains connected?!?

Like Siamese twins. ;)

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
7d55_1.JPG

We're All Mad Here

Nicodemus

...Am I or are the others crazy?
Neither and both is true. The term 'crazy' is very much like the term 'wrong'. If something is wrong, it is wrong for something else. It is now merely a matter of perspective whether the key or the door is wrong. From afar, they are simply wrong for each other. However, since we always take our own, subjective perspective, it is usually the others who are wrong - or crazy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm an extremely eccentric and neurotic person, but as far as I know possess enough intelligence and grasp of reality to observe that most people, in fact, are not crazy. They may think they are crazy because of personality quirks, depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, being overwhelmed with current life events, or even because they are creative and have ideas that are different than others. Been there, done that, and I will advise that there are very safe and effective medications they make these days for people with minor (but life altering) nervous or neurological disturbances like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I am pro-med in this respect, I think people should take care of their brains and nerves just like they'd take care of their stomach or heart.

The word "crazy" is pretty derogatory is most commonly applied to people who are merely outspoken, imaginative, emotionally sensitive, or somehow simply deviate from current cultural norms. Personally the only thing I think is "crazy" is when people are so mentally ill that they actually have lost contact with reality and are experiencing extreme delusions and hallucinations, or are doing truly sick and unnatural things like secretly murdering people and having sex with their dead bodies.

However, I'm only human, and have been known to call people crazy for simply being emotionally immature or having OCD. It's not nice, but I do think it's common.

Sunny Ghost

I'm an extremely eccentric and neurotic person, but as far as I know possess enough intelligence and grasp of reality to observe that most people, in fact, are not crazy. They may think they are crazy because of personality quirks, depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, being overwhelmed with current life events, or even because they are creative and have ideas that are different than others. Been there, done that, and I will advise that there are very safe and effective medications they make these days for people with minor (but life altering) nervous or neurological disturbances like depression, anxiety, and PTSD. I am pro-med in this respect, I think people should take care of their brains and nerves just like they'd take care of their stomach or heart.

The word "crazy" is pretty derogatory is most commonly applied to people who are merely outspoken, imaginative, emotionally sensitive, or somehow simply deviate from current cultural norms. Personally the only thing I think is "crazy" is when people are so mentally ill that they actually have lost contact with reality and are experiencing extreme delusions and hallucinations, or are doing truly sick and unnatural things like secretly murdering people and having sex with their dead bodies.

However, I'm only human, and have been known to call people crazy for simply being emotionally immature or having OCD. It's not nice, but I do think it's common.

i was actually just in another thread on typology a few minutes ago, where a girl was talking about how it seems that the more and more people she meets, the more she's noticing that everyone is a little odd. i think it's normal to be a little odd or a little crazy. life's crazy... and it imprints us in different ways. and we all have our differences and weirdnesses and eccentricities and histories.

i left the quote on her thread: "the only normal people are the people you don't know well." (not sure who said this or where i heard it, but always liked it.)

i hope i didn't deviate away from the point...

but anyways... i don't think psychosis is what einstein was implying.

H

Hate

i've thought about getting that tattooed. haha

I think you should do it. Do you mean the quote too? Just always make sure you check the spelling, otherwise you'll end up with a Tupac quote on your back that says, "My only fear on beath is reincarnation." Could be worse though. My friend has "All Jeyes on me" across his stomach.

am i insane to prefer insanity?

I'm gonna lean towards no since sanity is supposedly just sharing the delusions of our neighbors.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When in doubt, just blame it on other people. At least it makes you feel at peace. And superior.

(Why yes, dear, I just had coffee. How did YOU know?)

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A matter of perception and therefore somewhat subjective. The abnormalities in a person's mind moving towards the extreme from the common consensus of the general population's view on what is considered normal. It is a flexible matter though most would have their own individual thoughts on what the abnormal is with strong influence of the general view. The general view limits their perception of it into certain boundaries.