These are some hypothetical situations I'm curious to see what people would do. I'd prefer you choose one option and explain why you choose it, but if no option fits what you would do or think, please give your alternative and why.
A friend of yours buys a new car. They say they bought it because:
- It's a hybrid, low emissions vehicle OR
- The price was a bargain and it gets good gas mileage OR
- A friend of their's has one just like it and they wanted one too.
Are any of these answers more or less justifiable to you?
You have a friend who smokes indoors with their young children (under 10) living in the house with them. They've smoked since you've known them and are aware about the dangers of smoking, but you feel now that they have kids they should really try to quit. You:
- Say nothing. It's none of your business and they make their own choices.
- Occasionally OR frequently mention to the friend that it's not healthy to smoke and try to find ways to help them quit.
- Avoid coming to their house or being with them with their kids, so you don't have to see them smoking in front of their children.
You enjoy burning scented candles and incense because you find them relaxing and soothing. One day, your roommate comes to you and says they're sensitive to fragrances and asks you not to burn them. You can tell your roommate is nervous and looks uncomfortable while asking you. They have not made any previous requests of you and your relationship is good. What do you do?
You're in college and find a scholarship that would greatly relieve your financial burden of paying for school. The only hitch is that you can be no more than a college freshman in order to be eligible. You are midway through the first semester of your sophomore year and know the current semester is not yet reflected on your transcript. The organization giving the scholarship will make a decision before your transcript is updated to reflect your sophomore status. This means only you know you don't technically qualify. Do you send in your application for the scholarship with a transcript reflecting you are still a college freshman? If you get the scholarship do you take the money?
You're at the grocery store and about to go to through check out. You realize you picked up more items than what you intended. Do you:
- Take all the extra items back to their original spots.
- Put them back on the shelves closest to you.
You use a public restroom and wash and dry your hands. You throw the paper towel to the trash can but miss. You're in the bathroom alone. Do you:
- Pick it up and trash it
- Leave w/o picking it up