User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Default is anonymity an excuse to be an a$$hole?

I talk to people all day long.... lots and lots of random people... on top of that I have a rather large extended family. Despite all of these interactions though, I have NEVER run across as many people who are as contrary, disagreeable and likely to pass judgement on others for really dumb reasons as I manage to on this forum :rolli:

WTF?! It's supposed to be an excuse to UNDERSTAND people who are different than you are- tools to actually appreciate differences between people and yet I haven't run across a day when someone isn't complaining about somebody else because they're different in some way (oftentimes it's over some silly letter that wouldn't matter in day to day interaction with people, but is a good excuse to think that someone's dumb, overly sensitive, or a total prick on here). What the hell is wrong with everyone? Is the anonymity of the internet a good excuse just to let your inner bitch run free?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Short answer, yes. Long answer, oh hell yes.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

yeah, but you kind of fail at being a convincing asshole SH
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm not that anonymous here. People know my name, my number, and at least 3 know where I reside.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*looks in SH's window*

Hate

Since I'm new to talking to people online it's definitely a new phenomenon for me. I'm not used to people acting in that manner when I can't see them. It definitely took some getting used to, but I think I've adjusted to it. I don't have a problem with the sarcastic/funny assholes because they're entertaining, but then there's those few that seem to be real assholes and lack humor.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

it's the people who GENUINELY beleive that they are better just because of a letter that really confuse me... that's just so incredibly STUPID

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think some people find the Internet a freeing place to be honest. I think I see it more as that.

For others, they may even use it as a place to let genuinely sadistic impulses run free. Now that...that disturbs me. Though I have a hard time believing that truly cruel people are THAT much different IRL.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you just don't run across them as often in real life

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you just don't run across them as often in real life
    I dunno I've met some pretty nasty, uncouth people IRL. There's the old man in the grocery store where I worked in college shreiking at me that I'm going to go to hell on Easter eve because I happen to have a tattoo, or "mean boys" (and mean girls!) who appear to make a constant sport out of taunting or tormenting others psychologically.

I just presume those are the people on the Internet who are going around saying how much homosexuals deserve to die, or are trolling to the point that they're a bully.