First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You can't use independence (freedom really) to justify actions that deprive others of their natural right not to be bothered in a polite internet community by your callous lack of consideration.
    "right not to be bothered", you say? But what determines being bothered? For example, I may not be bothered by sudden loud music but another may be bothered by a simple whistle. Or is there a common "wall" for what defines "being bothered"? Is a "you are an idiot" a breach of this threshold? And what about taking the entire lifetime into the equation? In the long run, what would someone else's certain negative words mean to another person?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If conversion is obtained through experience then why are you afraid to act in real life the way you do online?

Why are you afraid of dirty looks? Why are you afraid of getting punched? <-your words...

Sounds like you live in fear. Do you have any actual experience other than online?
    I accept fear of physical pain because it is rational in my opinion. I don't like physical pain. Or are you saying that physical pain is nothing?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Here's how the next 2 pages will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit
    WTF is your problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft

Problem? What problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    Don't make me hit you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft
    Of course he won't use image macros and old 4chan memes, but it'll be in the same spirit.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

At this point Craft, my words fall as pearls before swine.

The only reason I've put this much effort into arguing, is that A) Whatev started this MoFo so I wanted to bump it and give her a shout out, and B) my conscience wouldn't let me leave until I at least tried.

Peace in the Middle East.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I accept fear of physical pain because it is rational in my opinion. I don't like physical pain. Or are you saying that physical pain is nothing?
    No, I just don't fear it. I guess that's where we differ.

I'll re-phrase my question then. If you claim you would like to foster conversion in others through your helpful behavior, then why don't you apply your helpful teaching methods to others in real life?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I talk to people all day long.... lots and lots of random people... on top of that I have a rather large extended family. Despite all of these interactions though, I have NEVER run across as many people who are as contrary, disagreeable and likely to pass judgement on others for really dumb reasons as I manage to on this forum :rolli:

WTF?! It's supposed to be an excuse to UNDERSTAND people who are different than you are- tools to actually appreciate differences between people and yet I haven't run across a day when someone isn't complaining about somebody else because they're different in some way (oftentimes it's over some silly letter that wouldn't matter in day to day interaction with people, but is a good excuse to think that someone's dumb, overly sensitive, or a total prick on here). What the hell is wrong with everyone? Is the anonymity of the internet a good excuse just to let your inner bitch run free?
    Well actually the reason you would happen upon a lot more fools without merit is that in real time pretense and insincerity are as strong as on line. The truest reflection of the mind state happens in writing where the subversive nature of the physical state is deflected and amplified in the amount of insecurity, fear and control a person has pent up and explored fullest during a virtual expedition such as this, more. What you do find is that attitudes and expressions of the kind that you find in the virtual and in the physical parallel each other somewhat and the projection is always, always a twisted value and precept out of reaction from what goes on in peoples lives, indeed what doesn't go on in peoples lives. I see it a mile away, usually the tone of people is established the first paragraph they speak in how their behaviour will play out over the course of their expression.

Its interesting, how positive and negative energies are emergent, and the key word is reactivity.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

No, I just don't fear it. I guess that's where we differ.

I'll re-phrase my question then. If you claim you would like to foster conversion in others through your helpful behavior, then why don't you apply your helpful teaching methods to others in real life?
    Because there is great risk for physical pain. I do help rarely by "abusing" non-violent people. I call the unqualified "unqualified". The foul foul. the fat "fertile". (And yet, I continue to doubt the effectiveness of my conditioning.) But this isn't the case here. My activity is not focus on helping. I was simply entertaining the argument that "I am damaging".

Hate

But this isn't the case here. My activity is not focus on helping. I was simply entertaining the argument that "I am damaging".
    Yes, I know that's what you were doing. I was being sarcastic with my question. That's why I put those key words in italics.

Because there is great risk for physical pain.
    I already knew this was going to be your answer, but I had to ask it so that I could confirm whatever's hypothesis.

the point is, if you can't take the repercussions in real life and then do it online where you "feel safe", you're a total pussy
    Hypothesis confirmed

Good day, sir.

*exits thread*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Hypothesis confirmed

Good day, sir.

*exits thread*
    *grabs hand*

It's not a matter of not being able to take repercussions; it's preferring not to.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

is anonymity an excuse to be an a$$hole?
    I have thought about this and the answer is no. People have told me things like they are just being a jerk on the Internet where is doesn't really matter. I don't agree.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639