User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 110

  1. #71
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You can't use independence (freedom really) to justify actions that deprive others of their natural right not to be bothered in a polite internet community by your callous lack of consideration.
    "right not to be bothered", you say? But what determines being bothered? For example, I may not be bothered by sudden loud music but another may be bothered by a simple whistle. Or is there a common "wall" for what defines "being bothered"? Is a "you are an idiot" a breach of this threshold? And what about taking the entire lifetime into the equation? In the long run, what would someone else's certain negative words mean to another person?

  2. #72
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If conversion is obtained through experience then why are you afraid to act in real life the way you do online?

    Why are you afraid of dirty looks? Why are you afraid of getting punched? <-your words...

    Sounds like you live in fear. Do you have any actual experience other than online?
    I accept fear of physical pain because it is rational in my opinion. I don't like physical pain. Or are you saying that physical pain is nothing?

  3. #73
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Here's how the next 2 pages will play out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Discobiscuit
    WTF is your problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft

    Problem? What problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    Don't make me hit you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft
    Of course he won't use image macros and old 4chan memes, but it'll be in the same spirit.

  4. #74
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    At this point Craft, my words fall as pearls before swine.

    The only reason I've put this much effort into arguing, is that A) Whatev started this MoFo so I wanted to bump it and give her a shout out, and B) my conscience wouldn't let me leave until I at least tried.

    Peace in the Middle East.

  5. #75
    Hate
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I accept fear of physical pain because it is rational in my opinion. I don't like physical pain. Or are you saying that physical pain is nothing?
    No, I just don't fear it. I guess that's where we differ.

    I'll re-phrase my question then. If you claim you would like to foster conversion in others through your helpful behavior, then why don't you apply your helpful teaching methods to others in real life?

  6. #76
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I talk to people all day long.... lots and lots of random people... on top of that I have a rather large extended family. Despite all of these interactions though, I have NEVER run across as many people who are as contrary, disagreeable and likely to pass judgement on others for really dumb reasons as I manage to on this forum :rolli:

    WTF?! It's supposed to be an excuse to UNDERSTAND people who are different than you are- tools to actually appreciate differences between people and yet I haven't run across a day when someone isn't complaining about somebody else because they're different in some way (oftentimes it's over some silly letter that wouldn't matter in day to day interaction with people, but is a good excuse to think that someone's dumb, overly sensitive, or a total prick on here). What the hell is wrong with everyone? Is the anonymity of the internet a good excuse just to let your inner bitch run free?
    Well actually the reason you would happen upon a lot more fools without merit is that in real time pretense and insincerity are as strong as on line. The truest reflection of the mind state happens in writing where the subversive nature of the physical state is deflected and amplified in the amount of insecurity, fear and control a person has pent up and explored fullest during a virtual expedition such as this, more. What you do find is that attitudes and expressions of the kind that you find in the virtual and in the physical parallel each other somewhat and the projection is always, always a twisted value and precept out of reaction from what goes on in peoples lives, indeed what doesn't go on in peoples lives. I see it a mile away, usually the tone of people is established the first paragraph they speak in how their behaviour will play out over the course of their expression.

    Its interesting, how positive and negative energies are emergent, and the key word is reactivity.

  7. #77
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    No, I just don't fear it. I guess that's where we differ.

    I'll re-phrase my question then. If you claim you would like to foster conversion in others through your helpful behavior, then why don't you apply your helpful teaching methods to others in real life?
    Because there is great risk for physical pain. I do help rarely by "abusing" non-violent people. I call the unqualified "unqualified". The foul foul. the fat "fertile". (And yet, I continue to doubt the effectiveness of my conditioning.) But this isn't the case here. My activity is not focus on helping. I was simply entertaining the argument that "I am damaging".

  8. #78
    Hate
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    But this isn't the case here. My activity is not focus on helping. I was simply entertaining the argument that "I am damaging".
    Yes, I know that's what you were doing. I was being sarcastic with my question. That's why I put those key words in italics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Because there is great risk for physical pain.
    I already knew this was going to be your answer, but I had to ask it so that I could confirm whatever's hypothesis.

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the point is, if you can't take the repercussions in real life and then do it online where you "feel safe", you're a total pussy
    Hypothesis confirmed

    Good day, sir.

    *exits thread*

  9. #79
    Probably Most Brilliant Craft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Hypothesis confirmed

    Good day, sir.

    *exits thread*
    *grabs hand*

    It's not a matter of not being able to take repercussions; it's preferring not to.

  10. #80
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    is anonymity an excuse to be an a$$hole?
    I have thought about this and the answer is no. People have told me things like they are just being a jerk on the Internet where is doesn't really matter. I don't agree.

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 11:04 AM
  2. your mental illness is NOT an excuse to be an asshole
    By miss fortune in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 183
    Last Post: 01-12-2016, 10:06 PM
  3. Which Type is the Most Likely to be a Troll?
    By Ginkgo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 12-19-2015, 05:24 PM
  4. [Inst] What is it really like to be Social-last?
    By Cloud of Thunder in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 12:11 AM
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO