User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm always disappointed when people act badly because I always expect the best from them... I feel this is a character flaw in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

WHAT? :steam::steam::steam:
    Yeah. When I was younger, guys my age would tell me that I failed at life and that I should just end it. They were my "friends" too. I guess I just coped by passing it off as joking, even though I resented it.

@SH: I pretty much always give people the benefit of the doubt unless they're doing something I can't understand. This is because, if I were to be having a bad day and wound up acting like a douche bag, I would appreciate it if someone were to suspend judgement, if only for a day.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Is the anonymity of the internet a good excuse just to let your inner bitch run free?
    Yes it is. There are many types of inner bitches too:
    1. The passive aggressive inner bitch.
    2. The I hate different people inner bitch.
    3. The I'm bored so I must troll inner bitch.
    4. The I must show off my superiority inner bitch.
    5. The I must show off my manlyness inner bitch.

And so on.

But the forum isn't really that anonymous, just look on youtube. There isn't one youtube page where some guy isn't arguing with some other guy saying nasty things, I find it interesting that most people argue on youtube. There's a newspaper here in Romania, and it has this website where you can post comments on the newspaper's articles, and they love arguing and saying nasty shit to each other ALL the time.

I used go on that newspaper's website and tell them to go fuck themselves, because they write a ton of stupid shit, propaganda, and some people actually believe it.

80% of the comments contains swearing which is hillarious.
    And that's pretty much all over the internet.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm always disappointed when people act badly because I always expect the best from them... I feel this is a character flaw in a way
    Same.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Jag, there have been legal cases where a person committed under the pretense that the other person is going to commit suicide also. This is from March 2010:

If I act like an asshole, i am usually venting.
    What? 5 people killed themselves??!! And all the evidence was there on the computers.......

What kind of sick demented guy convinces people to kill themselves knowing that it will not be long till he will get arrested. Who knows what fucked up family he grew up in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Yeah. When I was younger, guys my age would tell me that I failed at life and that I should just end it. They were my "friends" too. I guess I just coped by passing it off as joking, even though I resented it.
    You don't have negative people around you now, do you?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

if you do I'll beat them up for you!

and nice to know I'm not the only incurable optimist about humanity
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

It is interesting how people seem to be more antagonistic on forums. Some of it is people are drawn to negativity and so a single comment draws a crowd. That is why trolling is a problem on a forum but not so much real life. There is no physical space between people to control on a forum. Also, some people don't have effective filters from their brains to their mouths.

Some people mistake it for strength when the real strength in this kind of environment is to be strong in what you want to say and considerate. Any clown can be a badass on the net.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Yes, Elementary through Middle School was fun for me too.

@SH: I pretty much always give people the benefit of the doubt unless they're doing something I can't understand. This is because, if I were to be having a bad day and wound up acting like a douche bag, I would appreciate it if someone were to suspend judgment, if only for a day.
    See I assume the worst in preparation for that inevitable day.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

*sigh* that means there's even MORE asses I need to kick...