First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Is it just a work thing for you? I have a habit of laying low at work and avoiding recognition. Which totally failed when my boss nominated me for an award....and I won.... When I was more outgoing I still hated recognition at work and being in the spotlight, but I didn't mind it among my friends and family.
    i'm the opposite. when it comes to gatherings of friends and family, or being out in the world, or being in a classroom, i hate the spotlight. i always considered myself more of a wallflower.

at work, however, i want to be recognized by my superiors. i work hard and am on the look out for ways to move up. not because i want power or authority, but because i typically feel i can do a good job and have a lot to offer the companies i work for.

and i'm the same as redbone. if i'm talking to you one on one, i will be annoyed if you are out in space. however... i'm often quite guilty of doing the same myself.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i'm the opposite. when it comes to gatherings of friends and family, or being out in the world, or being in a classroom, i hate the spotlight. i always considered myself more of a wallflower.

at work, however, i want to be recognized by my superiors. i work hard and am on the look out for ways to move up. not because i want power or authority, but because i typically feel i can do a good job and have a lot to offer the companies i work for.

and i'm the same as redbone. if i'm talking to you one on one, i will be annoyed if you are out in space. however... i'm often quite guilty of doing the same myself.
    Interesting! I do like being recognized by my superiors....but I don't want it to be in a group setting, I prefer a one on one setting. I was praised in a meeting once and it freaked me out and I clammed up the rest of the meeting. Those weren't my superiors though, just my coworkers that I had helped out. I guess I'm just more of a one on one kinda person.

I can't say I get really upset if someone is off in space when I'm talking to them.... And I think it's because I do it when I'm not interested in a subject... So when someone does it to me, I realize that I'm probably just boring them.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Well, I'm an ENTJ.. (most probably).. the "tricky bulldozer" type. I find it too easy to stay visible and to gain some kind of fame, I try to lessen my impact by laying low. I mean, I don't want to be too intense. People aren't usually very intense. I enjoy being cool and laying low, sow that's what I do for the most part. Often I just play uncool to get even less attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Harmony View Post
    Interesting! I do like being recognized by my superiors....but I don't want it to be in a group setting, I prefer a one on one setting. I was praised in a meeting once and it freaked me out and I clammed up the rest of the meeting. Those weren't my superiors though, just my coworkers that I had helped out. I guess I'm just more of a one on one kinda person.

I can't say I get really upset if someone is off in space when I'm talking to them.... And I think it's because I do it when I'm not interested in a subject... So when someone does it to me, I realize that I'm probably just boring them.
    oh, def the same. if i'm getting recognition in a group setting like that, i'd have the same reaction. i'm def a one on one type as well. three's okay once in a while. once you get to four... i'm out.

i don't get really angry. just slightly annoyed... especially if what i have to say to the person is fairly relevant and needs to be heard by the person. i had another ISFP friend whom would seem as though he didn't realize i was talking at times. ::shakes head:: however, i know i do the same. my ex would always get angry at me for the same reason.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    quite sure that I'm a Sensor, though a borderline one... I'm an ESTP by function, not by stereotype It's my awareness of the present and what needs to be fixed that drives me to fix things and situations instead of awareness of the future or anything of the sort by any means... if I looked to the future I'd probably be doing things differently- or even if I cared to big picture the situation- I really want to fix what's wrong NOW!

and when not at work I'm usually rather laid back... I talk plenty, I just don't talk loudly or seek out attention. I have better things to do
    not that it's up for debate, but i still keep thinking you're one of us introverts.
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    oh, def the same. if i'm getting recognition in a group setting like that, i'd have the same reaction. i'm def a one on one type as well. three's okay once in a while. once you get to four... i'm out.

i don't get really angry. just slightly annoyed... especially if what i have to say to the person is fairly relevant and needs to be heard by the person. i had another ISFP friend whom would seem as though he didn't realize i was talking at times. ::shakes head:: however, i know i do the same. my ex would always get angry at me for the same reason.
    Yeah, I can handle three, but get up to four and panic will likely set in soon.

I think I have a bad habit of looking like I'm not paying attention, though I am... My ex used to pull that on me saying that I wasn't even paying attention, and I'd recite every word he said back to him. I think I just can't make myself look amused when I'm truly bored.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I generally don't dig on attention. It's more important to me to be seen as competent then to be, well seen.

*skulks away*

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^Quit yer skulkin' and bring yourself back into view!

Growing up, I just learned to associate invisibility (including separateness and privacy) with security and ease. It's rarely my intention to withdraw in order to passively draw or guilt-trip, but mostly just an automatic reflex.

There are multiple sides to it: when you don't associate with this or that group, there are no constraints on your identity and its development; when there is no spotlight there is limited censure of its expression; when there is less exposure there's less elemental wear-and-tear. Add to that a big stage for the imagination to roam free, it becomes a big comfort zone. This started when my self - no special snowflake syndrome intended - was 'judged' to be too varied in various situations for a variety of approvals. So growing up, I also learned to associate sharing my space with limiting my self or sacrificing the full enjoyment of it.

Trying to get better at it though. It's just an easy comfort zone to keep running back toward.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I like being very visible and I enjoy being the center of attention.

The primary times where I will absolutely not want to be visible are when I am required to preform and am being held to a standard that I feel I will not meet. Or, I am in a very bad/poor mood and I want to be left alone.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari