User Tag List

First 12

Thread: OCD/OCPD

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmmm... Yeah. I can't really laugh at that at all. This thread fails. D=
    Amazon.com: Just Checking: Books: Emily Colas

Here's a quick and hilarious read if anyone is interested. She tells her story of living and recovering from OCD but with lots of dry humor. Of course there is a lot of tragedy that comes with having OCD, but I personally feel that there is plenty of humor to be derived from it as well.

One time my teacher took my class outside to play a game (yes, in high school >__>) and to start with she asked us to stand on a crack in the sidewalk. I never intentionally step on a crack in the sidewalk. I asked to go to the bathroom and I never came back. I transferred out of the class just and case she tried that BS again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    Hmmm... Yeah. I can't really laugh at that at all. This thread fails. D=
    Amazon.com: Just Checking: Books: Emily Colas

Here's a quick and hilarious read if anyone is interested. She tells her story of living and recovering from OCD but with lots of dry humor. Of course there is a lot of tragedy that comes with having OCD, but I personally feel that there is plenty of humor to be derived from it as well.

One time my teacher took my class outside to play a game (yes, in high school >__>) and to start with she asked us to stand on a crack in the sidewalk. I never intentionally step on a crack in the sidewalk. I asked to go to the bathroom and I never came back. I transferred out of the class just and case she tried that BS again.
    that sucks.

i mean, it's cool when you can joke about it. but that anecdote substitute posted was just sooooo sad.

MBTI
    INFJ

Yeah, that post pretty much killed the mood I was aiming for, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

sorry, i killed the mood too by commenting on it twice...

my friend has OCD but it's not that bad. she does this hair pulling thing, and she's obsessed with washing her hands. but it's not even something you would notice unless you knew her really well.

she's laughs about it, though...

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance
    sorry, i killed the mood too by commenting on it twice...

my friend has OCD but it's not that bad. she does this hair pulling thing, and she's obsessed with washing her hands. but it's not even something you would notice unless you knew her really well.

she's laughs about it, though...
    Matchstick men
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INFJ

I am a proud survivor of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder! I was diagnosed, medicated, given therapy, and have subsequently recovered. Hurrah for Cognitive Behavior Therapy!

What's scary is how many places (incl. the hospital!) I had to go before we found someone who knew what it was and could diagnose my problem. There needs to be more awareness so that people can be helped sooner.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I used to have OCD too. Not so bad that I was completely paralyzed, but it was very frustrating and demoralizing to be compelled to do things that didn't make much sense. I was a counter. Everything had to be done 4 times in x sets, or in 4 sets of x times. x was usually 4, 17 or 34. 3s were evil, as were 9s. No stepping on cracks. Everything had to be symmetrical. And no leaving fingerprints anywhere because my obsession was being framed for murder. It mostly went away on its own accord. I still sometimes do the fingerprint thing, much to my best friend's chagrin- it's very annoying to her, but I'm fairly sure she's the only one who notices at all.

It's nice to hear everyone's story , and it's true (Octavia Caesar). Mental illness isn't really all represented that well, and people don't really know a lot about it. When I was 14, and a friend told me about her previous OCD tendencies, it was such a relief to know there was a name for it and it wasn't just me.