User Tag List

Thread: The Inner Life

Smile The Inner Life

I think Julian Assange has started to change authoritarian, corrupt and secretive institutions. And we can see his impact in the backlash he has provoked - after all, he is still in jail.

However his work will continue. But what comes next after authoritarian institutions?

Well I think the demise of authoritarian institutions leaves us free to nurture the inner life.

This is unthinkable under an authoritarian institution or even in the struggle to change them. However freedom beckons in the distance. We will be free from authoritarianism but what will be free to do?

Well, I want to nuture my inner life.

It's interesting that tha inner life is largely invisible under authoritarianism, or where it becomes visible, it is twisted and damaged and hurting.

But deep down the inner life flows like a spring. And having cleared the authoritarian debris out of the way, what do we see, hear, feel, touch and taste?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think Julian Assange has started to change authoritarian, corrupt and secretive institutions. And we can see his impact in the backlash he has provoked - after all, he is still in jail.
    I dunno, but I think that rapists BELONG in jail
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I wouldnt think there is a general neglect of authoritarian leaderships so quickly, I rather thing people have the demand for a more intelligent leadership by now. The quotes from the diplomatic cables sounded like the worst boulevard press out there and it's a bit distrusting if you see your politicians are on the same intellectual level like the boulevard press.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Well, I want to nuture my inner life.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSq5L0w-C5w"]Do The Oz[/YOUTUBE]

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

It is a wise choice to nurture your inner life, because, unlike the outer one, it is free from being exposed.

In your inner life, you don't need to watch your steps and censor yourself because of future consequences.

Apart from changing institutions, Assange proved that privacy does not exist. Like a friend of mine said, Big Brother is real and he's watching you.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    It is a wise choice to nurture your inner life, because, unlike the outer one, it is free from being exposed.

In your inner life, you don't need to watch your steps and censor yourself because of future consequences.

Apart from changing institutions, Assange proved that privacy does not exist. Like a friend of mine said, Big Brother is real and he's watching you.
    Yes, the inner life has always pressed upon me. Even when I have been engaged in external activities, I have always felt it working away underneath. And really I only engaged in external activities to please those I loved. So I never fully gave myself to external activities, so I may not have been as successful as I might. But I never felt guilty, because my deepest love was and is the inner life.

However I have learnt to escape. I have learnt to escape from the external life. And this has worked to a surprising degree. But now I am starting to confront my deepest fears.

In order to function in the outer world I learnt to cut off my feelings. I would tense my body against my feelings, so I could focus on the outer world. But slowly learning to relax I am discovering my inner feelings. Sometimes they are overwhelming, and I put the block on again. But slowly I am relaxing and taking off the block and feeling my fear, my delight and joy.

Sometimes I confuse my inner fear with the outside world, and I can see this is silly and even dangerous. But the fear is so overwhelming the mind looks around for a cause of the fear in the outer world. And of course this is a mistake, as my inner fear relates to my deep memories and not the present moment.

However my present moment is becoming more and more enjoyable for me even as I discover my deepest fears.