User Tag List

123 Last

Default Judgers, Perceivers and ADHD/ADD

Today I was thinking about how ADHD/ADD might affect your MBTI code. Someone who might have any of these disorders could very easily come off as a Perceiver, and even more so if unmedicated. If you are a Judger with ADHD/ADD, especially if you're also an introvert, is it possible that your judging functions can remain somewhat underdeveloped and you mistake yourself for a P? For example, an INTJ with ADD who is without a diagnose and medicine with his or her Extraverted Thinking ignored because of all the internal chaos, and who instead mostly uses Ni and Fi, would that person appear more like an INFP?

I haven't really thought his all the way through, but I thought I might share this to see what you think about it..

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Would an INTJ who goes thru a red ring but isnt an actor not be able to walk on a bridge thru which runs no river ?

Oh look rabbit !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

It'd be interesting to see what a J with ADD looks like. It seems pretty much stereotyped P - especially the inattentive variety.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If you randomly connect all sorts of stereotypes you may even find an INTJ with ADD, but it wouldnt like feel that someone like that truly could exist. In that moment tho you are prone to another stereotype and therefore it's best if you really admit at some points that mbti theory has its limits. Like it is a reflection of ones own preferences one shows by answering the test. And you can most probably say that a person who suffers from ADD will score the mbti test as p. But when you then would assume that most p-types probably have ADD you would at the same time say that there must be p-types who are some kind like "perfect" and have no diseses otherwise you would have no reference system of measurement.

And if you went all that way you would end with a nature vs nurture debate in which you'ld had to argue if something like a perfect type can exist at all. Therefore imo ADD and mbti shouldnt be mixed up, I think that's like driving a street car in the mountains.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    It'd be interesting to see what a J with ADD looks like. It seems pretty much stereotyped P - especially the inattentive variety.
    Not necessarily. Here's desciption of common traits of INJ children for example:

1. They have short attention spans
    2. They get bored easily with details or routine tasks
    3. They won't put any effort into doing something that doesn't interest them
    4. They frequently don't hear people

http://www.personalitypage.com/INJ.html
    These are common ADD traits, and many INJs still have these traits well into adulthood.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Not necessarily. Here's desciption of common traits of INJ children for example:

These are common ADD traits, and many INJs still have these traits well into adulthood.
    Good point! Ni is very unplugged from reality, especially before it develops a strong Je function. So a Ni-dom can have all the qualities of ADD inattentive. A 'J' diagnosed with AD/HD would be pretty rare though.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Jung View Post
    Good point! Ni is very unplugged from reality, especially before it develops a strong Je function. So a Ni-dom can have all the qualities of ADD inattentive. A 'J' diagnosed with AD/HD would be pretty rare though.
    There is what is called Attention Deficit Hypoactive Disorder, which a J could have. But issues of inattention is common among Ni-doms, and I can personally attest to that.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have ADHD...

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    There is what is called Attention Deficit Hypoactive Disorder
    Basically ADD predominantly inattentive IS what you're describing.

But I don't dispute that J's have attention problems, I was diagnosed with ADD myself.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I have ADHD inattentive variety.

I don't know why they changed it to ADHD with different varieties instead of ADD and ADHD being different things...it doesn't make sense.

I don't know what my MBTI type is.