User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

My name is Nadine. I think it affected my life a lot. I even have a Surname that is a misspelling of a quite unusual Italian surname.
    I was born in South America, and I lived in a tiny town were having a weird surname with a French name didn't go unnoticed.
    Maybe this made me start feeling like a foreign at a young age.
    When I moved to Italy I found myself being an actual foreign, with a foreign name, and an unclear surname. Everything indicated I was different. I had a crazy family story that nobody ever believed, I was the kid sitting alone in the back of the class doodling in a sketchbook and reading Asian language dictionaries.
    Basically, anybody liked me, starting from my name.

I don't dislike my name. But it's the name my parents gave me, it is not something I chose, so I used to hate it, because it represented what they expect me to be and what they see me like. So for a really long time people called me by nicknames. My closest friends still never call me by my name, I think they forgot what my true name is.

Anyway I hardly notice the difference, and I have to think about whether that person called me Nadine, Nadi, or by a nickname they chose.

The oddest nicknames they gave me, and also my favorite is Momskii.
    I also had a friend that called me mommy. It was weird. Then she changed it with momma. Still kind of weird but better than mommy hah.

Anyway I never met another Nadine, I believe that the day I will, will be a great shock for me.

Personality traits: a summary by Yar'Chun
    Introverted - Independent bitch
    Extraverted - Weak
    Intuitive - Creative 4th dimension spacelord
    Sensing - Dumb
    Feeling - Such confused wow
    Thinking - Smart
    Judjing - Nel mio intimo c'è Chilly
    Perceiving - Oooh butterflies

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Yaru View Post
    My name is Nadine. I think it affected my life a lot. I even have a Surname that is a misspelling of a quite unusual Italian surname.
    I was born in South America, and I lived in a tiny town were having a weird surname with a French name didn't go unnoticed.
    Maybe this made me start feeling like a foreign at a young age.
    When I moved to Italy I found myself being an actual foreign, with a foreign name, and an unclear surname. Everything indicated I was different. I had a crazy family story that nobody ever believed, I was the kid sitting alone in the back of the class doodling in a sketchbook and reading Asian language dictionaries.
    Basically, anybody liked me, starting from my name.

I don't dislike my name. But it's the name my parents gave me, it is not something I chose, so I used to hate it, because it represented what they expect me to be and what they see me like. So for a really long time people called me by nicknames. My closest friends still never call me by my name, I think they forgot what my true name is.

Anyway I hardly notice the difference, and I have to think about whether that person called me Nadine, Nadi, or by a nickname they chose.

The oddest nicknames they gave me, and also my favorite is Momskii.
    I also had a friend that called me mommy. It was weird. Then she changed it with momma. Still kind of weird but better than mommy hah.

Anyway I never met another Nadine, I believe that the day I will, will be a great shock for me.
    @Evee
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Huh?

Personality traits: a summary by Yar'Chun
    Introverted - Independent bitch
    Extraverted - Weak
    Intuitive - Creative 4th dimension spacelord
    Sensing - Dumb
    Feeling - Such confused wow
    Thinking - Smart
    Judjing - Nel mio intimo c'è Chilly
    Perceiving - Oooh butterflies

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Yaru View Post
    Huh?
    @Evee's nickname for him by me is nadine, that's all
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Yaru liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    As a nickname, it probably originated in american schools at a time when it was very common for several people to have the same name in a single classroom. Hence nicknames such as Jack for John--it doesn't make sense now because usually a nickname serves to shorten a longer name, which Jack in no way does to John, nor does it sound remotely similar, save for sharing one letter. However, suppose you were named John in a classroom in 1920. Chances are you were probably not the only John in that classroom, so the teacher needed an easy way to distinguish his or her students and make it easier to call on students who shared names without causing confusion.

Still, how the hell people came up with some of these nicknames is beyond me. Libby as a nickname for Elizabeth at least makes more sense than Jack as a nickname for John.
    Thank you; I've been wondering for a long time why John F. Kennedy was nicknamed "Jack" by his dad. Confused me to pieces when I kept thinking Jack Kennedy was his father's name or older brother or something.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I have an uncle named "Johnny" not "John" and going by the first as a nickname. Who knows how it affected his personality--my Mom said he was a horrible spoiled brat as a child, but grew into this ultra-rigid ISTJ as an adult. He's really okay.

My dad's name is so unusual that I never met another person with it. Probably never will. I can just put in his first name in google search and it immediately pulls up genealogy/find-a-grave site. He hated his name but he hated everything so....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

people have a lot of trouble pronouncing it. i think sometimes people think I just chose a more pretentious pronunciation of it myself to be cool or something, but it's my parents' fault and actually a lot of Israeli chicks say it like me. it means "grace of god" which is why I'm so fuckin special.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My real name is Laura. I don't think it affects my personality in any way I'm aware of. People do occasionally say "it's a pretty name" but that's about it. Sometimes I wish my name wasn't so common. I know I've gotten confused with other people multiple times.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Glamour puss with a tan Raffaella's Avatar

My name is very common in its place of origin however I live nowhere near there so it's a just reminder that I'm a special snowflake. I get a lot of compliments since it's feminine and doesn't sound too unfamiliar (it's easy to read and pronounce). Despite its simplicity, I gave up on it and donned my nickname so I'd stop getting comments... and I can tell you that it's made life more efficient.