User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it does...somehow in some weird way but i don't feel at all similar to other erins i've met
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram

My name is Jeremy, and it's perfect for me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I have always hated my given name, and have no middle name to fall back on. My name is trivial, silly sounding, the opposite of anything I have any interest in being. I was named after an aunt I never knew, but the family connection is the only good thing about it. Someone on another forum told me that people like being addressed by name - it makes them feel like you are connecting with them. Not me. Use it to get my attention, then I don't want to hear it for the rest of the conversation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

To here knows when... Odi et Amo's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

My name is Patrick and I have never liked it.
    #OhInvertedWorld #4Problems ##PetronOnIce
    Solitude
    Comes just as it goes
    Goes as just its umbra
    Comes

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”
    ― Albert Camus

4w5/5w4/1w2, Neutral Good, RlxAI

MBTI
    yupp

I think it's bullshit, my name is Elizabeth but everyone's called me Libby since I was 2, so maybe it does. But i've known other Libby's (yes they exist) and most of them were really bitchy and queen beeish. And I can be bitch but I've never been a queen bee
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

I like my name a lot. I like the way it sounds, I like what it means, it's relatively unusual but not weirdly uncommon, and my namesake is a strong but gracious character in a novel. A good model to live up to.

The only bad thing is how everyone misspells/mispronounces it, but even that can be a source of amusement.

I like my real name, but I don't think it affects my personality. The only thing I dislike is that it's really common in my country, and it becomes a problem when you have like 5-7 classmates/ co-workers with the same name as you...

MBTI
    Meow
    Enneagram
    :0) so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

My name has made me that much shier. It's so uncommon/hard to pronounce that I dread meeting people because I know that soon I'll have to suffer through the ritual of mispronunciation and correction. On the one hand I appreciate it and the thought that my parents put into it, but on the other hand I hate it because it calls unwanted attention to me.

"Be clearly aware of the stars and infinity on high.
    Then life seems almost enchanted after all."
    - Vincent van Gogh

johari/nohari

infp 4w5 ?w? 9w? so=sp>sx

WALMART

My name is Jon Law, and people look to me for AUTHORITY.

So, ego?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

People commonly mispronounce both my names, even after spelling it for them. I've considered telling people at Starbucks my middle name, but I always forget. Yeah people tell me I should value my name, but I don't want to be angry with people for not understanding it, so I just have the mindset of whatever you call me is fine because I am not my name. Not only that Eileen is usually changed to a different name when it's mispronounced, like Arlene or Irene or Ellen or even Emily, so if I'm my name I become a different person rather than a misunderstood person. So I guess all this makes me feel kind of invisible and that if people are encountered with my real self they won't like it.

That said, I really like the meanings of my first name. It's the Gaelic version of Helen, which means "light", and I've also seen it mean "life" or "giver of life".

And people start singing "Come on Eileen" to me, which makes me feel kind of special. And like I exist.