First 891011 Last

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Pretty normal name. It doesn't mean too much as far as how I perceive myself or behave. I do like my name though.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Enneagram
    9w8

I have a White name, it's my legal name. It is on all my papers. It was chosen by my parents. It means "Magic Beloved Wanderer." I was named after someone my dad considered a sister.

I have a nickname. It was given to me by my brother. It is the name I use with family and friends and the one I use on here.

I have a pen name that I sometimes use for published poetry.

I have a Cherokee name that my friends call me. It is Sunalei Noquisi. It means, loosely translated--- DawnStar [Morningstar]..the Drawing Star or She Draws the Light. A few friends call me Dayita, it means Beloved like my White name does. They have the same meaning so that my parents called me Beloved. All my life, I have been called Beloved. It's a good thing to be called in any language.

And I have a spirit name that is known to no one but me and one elder of the tribe and she would not tell. A spirit name is never to be shared with anyone but an elder, so I can not tell you that name. And since I value my privacy to some degree, I will not tell you my White name either.

To us, names are important, so important that sometimes we even hold a naming ceremony. A person may have many names within a lifetime. I would never name a child without consideration of what the name meant and the connotations it will carry throughout life. Still, knowing this, I had a great-grandmother named Running Water. I don't know if she was like water or if she peed a lot. She died before I was born so who can say?
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes pmj85 liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Lucy is a nice name, if slightly old-fashioned. I would add Amanda, Claire, Hannah and Nicole.

I was thinking of Luke, Henry, Jack and Ollie (Oliver) for boys.
    I've always felt sorry for any woman named Bertha. (Matlida conjures up similar, but perhaps more "pleasingly plump.")

Or for the boys, how about a nice Biblical name like Arphaxad...'twas only in the 1800s that other Biblical names like Ebenezer or Elijah or Ichabod were still extant;
    some of the more common ones like Jacob or David or Michael are still around.

On another note, I'm glad to see that the name Adolph remains completely *OUT* of style.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Thank you; I've been wondering for a long time why John F. Kennedy was nicknamed "Jack" by his dad. Confused me to pieces when I kept thinking Jack Kennedy was his father's name or older brother or something.
    C.S. Lewis started insisting on the name "Jack" for himself at an early age: three years old IIRC.
    He pointed at himself and said, "He is Jacksie."

Go figure.

On the other hand, his *real* name was Clive Staples, so mayhap even Jacksie is an improvement...
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    My name in some ways makes me feel a little pretentious. When I was young, combined with my mothers "you're super special!" barrage at me, it didn't help with it. My real name is Pieter (I don't really mind sharing it too much). Every time I have to say for someone to write down I have to say "but it's spelled different". I get people that say "pie-eater", "Pee-ater", and many different variations. It's pronounced exactly the same as Peter. It's just the dutch spelling of the name (since I am 1/4th dutch ancestry). Combined with my middle name, and last name (both of which are about as German as you can get), my name stands out a good chunk. I do like that my name is unique though, but not in an overt way.
    Pieter, and some German in you?
    Just *reeks* of organic chemistry.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by grey_beard View Post
    Pieter, and some German in you?
    Just *reeks* of organic chemistry.
    Pretty much, haha. I'm 1/2 German.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

I've always felt sorry for any woman named Bertha. (Matlida conjures up similar, but perhaps more "pleasingly plump.")

Or for the boys, how about a nice Biblical name like Arphaxad...'twas only in the 1800s that other Biblical names like Ebenezer or Elijah or Ichabod were still extant;

On another note, I'm glad to see that the name Adolph remains completely *OUT* of style.
    Within reason, I don't mind what you call your kid. Obviously it has to be a serious name.

However I personally want to give my children names that are meaningful (i.e. appropriate for their heritage) and normal enough that they won't be bullied because of them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

There were two guys from my high school named Elijah. They were hot. I think my friends had crushes on them lol.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Coincidently most of my friends at high school were called "Pieter".

The generation before that is all called "Andre"

I end up calling them all on their surname. Or thanks to instant messaging I don't have to say a name, since that part is assumed

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

My main frustration about my name is that somehow people that take my order at restaurants somehow manage to mishear it every time. You'd think a simple name with 3 letters would be easy to understand, but no, extra syllables get stuck in there somehow.
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.