User Tag List

Epiphany

Default Man Acquired Musical Talent From Brain Trauma

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lenoD-cZOU"]Man Becomes Musical Savant Following Concussion [/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe if we hit him on the head again he will be able to solve the government's economic deficit.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Kind of hard to believe. There are things at play with music that are dexterous just as much as cerebral. It's interesting that he acquired multiple talents at once, with just one hit. As if that spot in his brain covered one entire territory. As a musician, that's just my perspective. I see multiple skillsets at play when I do it. Not one. I find that my mind has more to offer in the musical department, but my hands can't always do it.

In the video I posted here, Drs. Eric Kandel and Oliver Sacks, both neuroscientists, mention this phenomenon.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Maybe if we hit him on the head again he will be able to solve the government's economic deficit.
    That doesn't require brilliance... all it requires is someone with the balls to cut government spending and/or increase government revenue until income exceeds expenses. This has been known since Henry VIII of England created the Office of the Exchecquer.

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I read a story awhile ago about a guy with OCD (I think it was handwashing) and got fed up with it. Out of frustration he decided to end his life and shot himself in the head. He survived the shooting and no longer had issues with OCD. Guess there's just no telling how things will end!