Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't feel like I've changed at all since I was 13.
    that would be impossible unless you have brain damage

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    that would be impossible unless you have brain damage
    Well I said I don't feel like I have, but perhaps an external observer would say that I did. Eventually, it might also mean that I was extremely mature at 13, while now I'm a bit childish
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I don't feel like I've changed at all since I was 13.
    I kind of relate. The only difference is that, I've had more time to confirm some of my thoughts on human existence since then. Never being wrong is such a curse.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

According to old friends from when I was a child I turned very negative. Does this brain shrinking thing cause negativity?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I feel like that's about right. I feel like I matured a TON from 18-20 or so (coinciding with starting university/first big relationship, so it might be those more than the age), then it slowed down, but I do feel somewhat "more mature" than when I was 20....well ok sometimes. I'm not sure my actual brain feels different from my 20-year old one though, I've just had more experiences put into my memory bank that affect how I think.

Of course, that might just mean that I'm still not mature yet.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    I kind of relate. The only difference is that, I've had more time to confirm some of my thoughts on human existence since then. Never being wrong is such a curse.
    lol. yeah. *mutual wanking*
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"t all your dreams will probably not be realized."
    Thankfully a mature person would never tell that to an immature person.
    There are some things that are better in the long run for people to find out on their own. It's the process and the chasing after dreams that helps one grow; often shooting someone down just makes them scared to try anything.

I think people are all different, and some mature faster than others... but statistically we can see the impact of teenage boys not having a "uh, are you SURE you want to do that?" mental warning flag. Some of it's also associated with lack of life experience.

If this theory (have read about this too with age 25 being the generalised optimal number) is proved to be factual, it almost demands that we greatly challenge children, adolescents and young adults so they retain as many open neural connections as possible.
    Which seems to be true. Otherwise people get locked in. Flexibility in childhood and adolescence seems to play out in adulthood.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

"t all your dreams will probably not be realized."
    Thankfully a mature person would never tell that to an immature person.
    There are some things that are better in the long run for people to find out on their own. It's the process and the chasing after dreams that helps one grow; often shooting someone down just makes them scared to try anything.

I think people are all different, and some mature faster than others... but statistically we can see the impact of teenage boys not having a "uh, are you SURE you want to do that?" mental warning flag. Some of it's also associated with lack of life experience.

If this theory (have read about this too with age 25 being the generalised optimal number) is proved to be factual, it almost demands that we greatly challenge children, adolescents and young adults so they retain as many open neural connections as possible.
    Which seems to be true. Otherwise people get locked in. Flexibility in childhood and adolescence seems to play out in adulthood.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    According to old friends from when I was a child I turned very negative. Does this brain shrinking thing cause negativity?
    Sometimes we turn negative in response to a negative environment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

One other strange thing I've read and noticed is that in certain disciplines(such as science, music, sports), alot of people peak in their mid twenties, like for musicians off the top of my head - Michael Jackson age 24 when he made Thriller, Brian Wilson was 24 when he made Pet Sounds, The Beatles were all in the mid twenties when they made Sgt. Pepper, Kurt Cobian was 24 when Smells Like Teen Spirit came out. It is also said that hockey players come into their own, hit their peak at age 24/25, also most of the theoretical physicist were in their mid twenties when they made their major breakthroughs(Albert Einstien published the special theory of relativity at 26 for example).
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari