• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A Discussion on the Creative Brain

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This flash video of an hour-long discussion on creativity might be worthwhile for you to watch if you are interested in any of the following:

• the origins and processes of creativity
  • modern art and modern artists
  • learning how learning disabilities and/or cognitive limitations can elicit creativity

Be advised that it starts off slow, especially before they get to the panel. It really does pick up, though. You can tease out some cognitive function discussion from what they describe, although no one on the panel uses the terms. I hadn't heard so much about face blindness before this, its rather fascinating.

I hope its available for everyone to view.
Simply click on Richard Serra's face to start the video.

I really liked Chuck Close talking about not waiting around for inspiration and also the creative power of limitation, which is related to his own disabilities, but also in a kind of problem-forming sort of way.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
The true mystery of the creative brain is "Why didn't anyone come up with non-realistic art styles until the late 19th century?'

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why is that the true mystery of the creative brain?

Mole

Permabanned
Creativity and Presence

Why is that the true mystery of the creative brain?

Creativity is passé.

And we can tell because everyone and their dog want to be creative. But of course if everyone is creative, no one is creative.

Today, celebrities are celebrated for their sheer presence, not for their creativity.

And everyone and their dog want to be present on Youtube.

But if everyone wants to be present, no one is present.

So soon presence will be passé.

So the interesting question is, what leads us to desire creativity or presence?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Listening to the video in the background. Am unfocused to say much today. I have bursts of creativity that comes and goes which I wish would stay. When I had adrenal fatigue I've said that it felt like I had a frontal lobe reduction and my imagination went.

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Creativity is passé.

And we can tell because everyone and their dog want to be creative. But of course if everyone is creative, no one is creative.

Today, celebrities are celebrated for their sheer presence, not for their creativity.

So soon presence will be passé.

So the interesting question is, what leads us to desire creativity or presence?

I think you may be right about that. The whole "tell me everything about the REALITY of your life" aspect of present culture is getting boring. We always move on to something new. It's probably brewing in our midst already.

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Creativity is passé.

I see. I recognize the worship of celebrity. Celebrity as in renown. Narcissism.

And if everything is terrible, then nothing is ;)

I've heard it said about our modern age that the famous are rarely significant and the truly significant are often not famous, so I don't think creativity is truly doomed.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Really?

Creativity, or rather what creative people make, will never go away. And anyway, I would say that very few people strive for that life in this time. But some are compelled to it, and always will be.

O

Oberon

Creativity for its own sake is one thing... i.e. creativity in the art world, for example, or in the music world. Creativity in those areas has been more or less deified while the old values of skill and talent have been neglected (to the detriment of art and music generally, IMHO).

But the primary value I see in creativity today is applied creativity... creative problem-solving, for example, or creative industrial design, or creative forest management, or creative housing solutions. There's no reason to assume that the ways in which we do things now in these arenas are the most efficient, or the most synergistic, or the most beneficial. That's where creativity really serves us well.

Mole

Permabanned
Even the Earth is now the content of the electric media.

I think you may be right about that. The whole "tell me everything about the REALITY of your life" aspect of present culture is getting boring. We always move on to something new. It's probably brewing in our midst already.

Yes, creativity was once our environment as a function of literacy.

But today literate creativity have become the content of the electronic media like the internet.

And now presence has become our visible environment as a function of the electronic media.

But all environments are invisible so all we see is the content of our invisible environment.

And when this environment becomes visible it will be the content of our new environment.

Look! When we went to the Moon, we turned the cameras around and discovered The Environment.

So the very Earth is now the content of the electric media.

Mole

Permabanned
Learning to Hear, Taste, Touch and See and the Inner Life

Really?

Creativity, or rather what creative people make, will never go away. And anyway, I would say that very few people strive for that life in this time. But some are compelled to it, and always will be.

Creativity and Presence are simply misdirection. Misdirecting our attention away from our invisible environment.

Misdirection is an old, old trick. But all we need to do is to learn to see.

But today we need to learn to do more than see, we need to learn to hear, to taste and touch as well as learn to see.

And learning to hear, taste and touch as well as see, are the very basis of the inner life.

G

Ginkgo

The true mystery of the creative brain is "Why didn't anyone come up with non-realistic art styles until the late 19th century?'

It took some paradigm shifting before art was brought out of its original regiment of realism, but it's always going to be a combination of method and creativity.

G

Ginkgo

Creativity and Presence are simply misdirection. Misdirecting our attention away from our invisible environment.

But today we need to learn to do more than see, we need to learn to hear, to taste and touch as well as learn to see.

And learning to hear, taste and touch as well as see, are the very basis of the inner life.

Can you at least try to make sense?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

I don't understand your terminology. What I do know is that my creative drive has it's source in my true identity. There is no misdirection there.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'm feeling like interpreting Victors words today. :D

Yes, creativity was once our environment as a function of literacy.
Creativity used to be as fluent as writing before concrete thinking won over abstract thinking and now its much harder to function in purely imaginative ways because the intuitive mind center is focused on physicality rather than subconscious reality.

But today literate creativity have become the content of the electronic media like the internet.
Which means for you that today's literally creative energies have changed to a hypnosis brought on by the onset of electromagnetic radiation from electrical devices.

And now presence has become our visible environment as a function of the electronic media.
Which means of course that our physical environment is an extension of our electronic environment and the media that is associated changes the energy of how we interpret presence of becoming.

But all environments are invisible so all we see is the content of our invisible environment.
So naturally because we live with our physicality the metaphysical expression of how our creativity interacts with our intuition is changed according to the stressors that our energy pathways encounter. Without truly becoming visible in our expression of intention and manifestation.

And when this environment becomes visible it will be the content of our new environment.
And this means that when our manifestation of our creativity which changes our vitality to express imaginatively becomes instant then we can start to experience a kind of clarity that is free flowing away from fixed energies that are limiting our abstract, or rather right brain activity.

Look! When we went to the Moon, we turned the cameras around and discovered The Environment.
Of course when our science happened to expand its awareness to the skies, there we saw a whole new kind of imagination that was attainable and so we turned our thoughts to that space time reality.

So the very Earth is now the content of the electric media.
Because after all even as the Earth we speak the language of our currents that bind us along earths electromagnatic fields.

Creativity is our presence to manifest our intentions through our emotions rather than fixed concepts that alter our frequency towards an intangible form of expression that feels confusing. And yet.

We know that the hypnosis that shrouds our creativity is a consensus trance of the like we are blinded by the mass distortion that happens to be played out.

In that respect when we can tap into our Broader Perspective we can learn to appreciate our senses much better without being told what to do by the energies that are counter intuitive to our senses.

And start to for the very first time imagine the way our manifestations were intended to be as our inner being knew before we forgot how to become who we are meant to be.

:harhar::rofl1:

Classic. ;)

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Creativity lies in using the right hemisphere of the brain.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read a lot about creativity when I was misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder (I have porphyria...stupid doctors). The author of one particular book, KRJ, was pretty convincing about the link between mental disorders, particularly bipolar disorder, and creativity.

For myself, it has often been a compulsion to create. Much of it is in my head--music, writing, problem solving, and creating images. I don't have the physical skills necessary to make any of those things 'real'. The times when I did, it almost felt like pressure or a desire...to make something come alive beneath my hand. It is very difficult to put into words because the creative impulse is often something that escapes logic or words.