• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dream of dead children

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm not so sure of this being another psychological topic, but I want one of my dreams to be interpreted. Anybody interested?

Okay, well, last night I had a dream that I was watching TV with my friend. The "show" was very twisted. It had what looked like a grave carved into ice. Around it stood many kids in bathing suits ready to jump into the whole, that was filled with icy water. And without any warning one-by-one each kid dropped in. When there were none left, a woman, with an orange face -phony tan- and an Eskimo jacket resurfaced from the water - she was dry, and just stood at the edge, smiling. She said, “Now lets see their bodies rise/float. I come back from this and I'm sitting next to my friend, looking at her, she glances at me and says, "That's the devil...it's Satan."

Anbody know the deal with this creepy dream?

Last edited by a moderator:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
okay i'm gonna take a go at interpreting this.

maybe its your sub conscience telling you that you are watching yourself die, not literally, but as in losing who you are as a person and what makes you the person that you are, such as values.

i also think the children might represent your need to move on from something that happened in your childhood,but you are letting emotions stand in the way. maybe that is what is making you lose who you are as a person?

ahh i know it doesn't make much sense, but that is what i got out of it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Perhaps you feel that corrupting forces in our society are luring people into dangerous, destructive, evil, and selfish ways of thinking and behaving? Perhaps things like the new reality TV shows or increased violence/desensitization in media?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no idea how to deal with such dreams- I ALWAYS have fucked up dreams- I just push them out of my head and go on with life- I've started to look at them like they're just really messed up movies- that's all! :)

My advice to you- just push it out of your mind! :yes:

You should probably ignore me :sad:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Athenian please feast on this.

Below are three different dreams I constantly have.

- I have this wonderful, yet nondescript dream, yet throughout the whole dream I have this feeling that I am late for something.

- Dreams of seeing a dead, not creepy but more ethereal, girl in my bathroom mirror.

- A tiger attacks me, seemingly at random, but I always kill the tiger.

Weird, I know ...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
- I have this wonderful, yet nondescript dream, yet throughout the whole dream I have this feeling that I am late for something.

You either feel that you're missing out on something important that you may or may not be aware that you want, or there's a sense of urgency permeating your life from somewhere.
- Dreams of seeing a dead, not creepy but more ethereal, girl in my bathroom mirror.

She could be your Anima. On the other hand, she could represent another part of your psyche that has been repressed or disconnected somehow, perhaps due to necessity, out growing it, or it represents a person you've left behind in your life.
- A tiger attacks me, seemingly at random, but I always kill the tiger.

This could be negative thoughts/doubts, your shadow. The fact that you always kill it means that up to now, you've mostly been able to face your difficulties head on. If it kills you, that means you feel like you're starting to lose control.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
You either feel that you're missing out on something important that you may or may not be aware that you want, or there's a sense of urgency permeating your life from somewhere.

She could be your Anima. On the other hand, she could represent another part of your psyche that has been repressed or disconnected somehow, perhaps due to necessity, out growing it, or it represents a person you've left behind in your life.

This could be negative thoughts/doubts, your shadow. The fact that you always kill it means that up to now, you've mostly been able to face your difficulties head on. If it kills you, that means you feel like you're starting to lose control.

Thanks for that.

Definite yes to your first point. I often feel as I am missing out on the action.

I am familiar with the anima/animus concept and I belive this little dead girl represents something else. My anima oddly enough speaks to me through a women at work. This women is around my age and quite attractive. However, I suppose it is possible that as a feeling man in a country that favors males with a thinking preference I could have spme subconcious internal conflict.

The tiger definitely injurs me ohysically and scars me but I always win. I think your analysis is spot on as I have that dream mainly when I am at a crossroads.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not so sure of this being another psychological topic, but I want one of my dreams to be interpreted. Anybody interested?

Okay, well, last night I had a dream that I was watching TV with my friend. The "show" was very twisted. It had what looked like a grave carved into ice. Around it stood many kids in bathing suits ready to jump into the whole, that was filled with icy water. And without any warning one-by-one each kid dropped in. When there were none left, a woman, with an orange face -phony tan- and an Eskimo jacket resurfaced from the water -- she was dry, and just stood at the edge, smiling. She said, "Now lets see their bodies rise/float. I come back from this and I'm sitting next to my friend, looking at her, she glances at me and says, "That's the devil...it's Satan."

Anbody know the deal with this creepy dream?

Dreams tend to be a combination of scrambled details from real life, rearranged in emotionally reflective parallels.

As far as the details go, are any of them taken from any recent events in your waking life? Where did the bits and pieces your mind used to create the dream come from? (They don't need to be all connected. Did you attend a religious ceremony? Did you watch Fear Factor, or some show on TV about people frozen when they've fallen into the ice, or a movie about children? Or were all the details completely out of the blue?)

This tendency of dreams to assemble completely unrelated details, like using random (and sometimes ill-suited) actors off the street to play out a particular drama, is what makes dreams seem so odd.

chippinchunk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Dreams tend to be a combination of scrambled details from real life, rearranged in emotionally reflective parallels.

As far as the details go, are any of them taken from any recent events in your waking life? Where did the bits and pieces your mind used to create the dream come from? (They don't need to be all connected. Did you attend a religious ceremony? Did you watch Fear Factor, or some show on TV about people frozen when they've fallen into the ice, or a movie about children? Or were all the details completely out of the blue?)

This tendency of dreams to assemble completely unrelated details, like using random (and sometimes ill-suited) actors off the street to play out a particular drama, is what makes dreams seem so odd.

I didn't watch anything of the sort. Well, at least I dont think so. And I know what you mean about everything being scrabbled and played back, it's something my grandmother told me once before. Our minds record everything and our dreams are the playback.

But somehow I believe this was completely random. That's why it had surprised me so much.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Just a counter point, and not meaning to dismiss athenian's analysis at all, but I have a friend who dreamed that her son died, repeatedly, so I went searching on the details of what this could mean. It turned out that most school's of thought (read:things I found on the internet pertaining to dream analysis) seemed to illustrate that the death of a child (your own) in a dream isn't a bad thing, so I went further. A lot of the study on dreams relating to death seem to think they are actually mostly good things, and not bad things. They usually have nothing to do with death at all.

Dream analysis has always been an interest of mine, because I have some pretty fun ones, but I an never 100% sure the analysis is accurate since it always seems so skewed from source to source.

AliciaS2R

MBTI Type
IxTJ
Just a counter point, and not meaning to dismiss athenian's analysis at all, but I have a friend who dreamed that her son died, repeatedly, so I went searching on the details of what this could mean. It turned out that most school's of thought (read:things I found on the internet pertaining to dream analysis) seemed to illustrate that the death of a child (your own) in a dream isn't a bad thing, so I went further. A lot of the study on dreams relating to death seem to think they are actually mostly good things, and not bad things. They usually have nothing to do with death at all.

Dream analysis has always been an interest of mine, because I have some pretty fun ones, but I an never 100% sure the analysis is accurate since it always seems so skewed from source to source.

Most things I have read pertaining to "death" in dreams, equate "death" with "change" I had a dream many years ago that my daughter died. It was understandably upsetting to me and so I consulted books and articles about dream analysis.

This excerpt is from Psychoanalysis - Interpretation of Dreams

"When dealing with dreams about dying we also have to take into account the symbolism of death. Death is a structural transformation of the being - during the Ego development process we often undergo successive symbolic deaths and re-births: something of us is dying and another thing is emerging. "

And this one from Dream Analysis and Interpretation, doing it!

"Nearly any dream you have that refers to death, dying or attending a funeral, or the like, pertain to change. Most all the time this change is very dramatic and major. It can be change in your life attitude or emotional balance. These types of dreams can also symbolize confronting fear, usually fear of death or change. Since most of use will agree that death is the ultimate change, and many people fear it. Death dreams are generally big changes and should never be ignored. Sometimes they really do signify death! Another possible symbol of a death dream is threat. Whichever suits the dream depends on how well the theme was arrived at. Most death dreams are about major change and not about literal death though, so don't panic if you have one. Just patiently go through the analysis process, and make sense of it."

I will not attempt to analyse your dream, just thought I would add these interpretations of "death" as food for thought.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
That definitely makes more sense to me, more the sense of change. I remember having a recurring dream a couple years ago about my father dying, and most of the things I had read about it at the time mainly said it was a way of growing beyond anger I felt with him (we aren't very close) and moving past that. I guess ultimately it seemed too vague for me to ever really place much weight into it, so I chalked it up to my crazy mind doing its crazy things. As with any interpretation, I am sure it is primarily subjective based on the interpreter.

lazyhappy

Okay, well, last night I had a dream that I was watching TV with my friend. The "show" was very twisted. It had what looked like a grave carved into ice. Around it stood many kids in bathing suits ready to jump into the whole, that was filled with icy water. And without any warning one-by-one each kid dropped in. When there were none left, a woman, with an orange face -phony tan- and an Eskimo jacket resurfaced from the water - she was dry, and just stood at the edge, smiling. She said, “Now lets see their bodies rise/float. I come back from this and I'm sitting next to my friend, looking at her, she glances at me and says, "That's the devil...it's Satan."

scary... maybe the lady who's orange could be a representation of the fear, guilt, pressure, person or truth that is hurting or destroying you/ everything you represent- i think that is the true devil... And the children could be you/everything you represent. You see the children dying one by one but just stare and watch as it happens... "you watch as your destroyed"

ah... heck i took a crack at it. i don't have much time to think about it.

for fun-
maybe those are the children Alex didn't want o.o... the "S's"

heart

heart on fire
My take: Children mean your creative ideas that need to be developed. Your material life in the sense world is sabatoging your creative and abstract ideas and inner life. There needs to be a balance. take with grain of salt. ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I had it all nicely formatted but the server keeps cutting it all out. Sorry.

Anybody know the deal with this creepy dream?
I sometimes have dreams that I remember and feel like I simply must know what in the world it meant. I have a tool that I use for giving me some understanding of my dreams. It's the most accurate source I've ever found. I have the book, but I like to use an electronic version since it's so much easier and faster to search through. It uses some archaic language so you have to be resourceful at thinking of alternative words to search for.

The resource is Ten Thousand Dreams Interpreted by Gustavus Hindman Miller

Another important thing to remember is that dreams are usually a reflection of your feelings, though sometimes they can be prophetic, in that they can foretell a future event.

Sometimes knowing what a word does not mean in your dreams can be helpful in helping you realize what it might mean.

The first word I searched for was "ice" since that seemed to be the most prominent aspect of your dream. Sometimes I come up empty, but as you see Miller addressed ice at length. I usually search from the most prominent to the least prominent.

_Ice_.

--To dream of ice, betokens much distress, and evil-minded persons will seek to injure you in your best work.

--To see ice floating in a stream of clear water, denotes that your happiness will be interrupted by ill-tempered and jealous friends.

--To dream that you walk on ice, you risk much solid comfort and respect for evanescent joys.

--For a young woman to walk on ice, is a warning that only a thin veil hides her from shame.

--Bathing in ice-water, anticipated pleasures will be interrupted with an unforeseen event.

2nd - "children"

--To see little children gathering flowers and chasing butterflies among the graves, denotes prosperous changes and no graves of any of your friends to weep over. Good health will hold high carnival.

--To dream of seeing many beautiful children is portentous of great prosperity and blessings.

--To see children working or studying, denotes peaceful times and general prosperity.

--To dream of your dead child, denotes worry and disappointment in the near future.

--To dream of seeing disappointed children, denotes trouble from enemies, and anxious forebodings from underhanded work of seemingly friendly people.

--To romp and play with children, denotes that all your speculating and love enterprises will prevail.

--To dream of seeing a crowd of merry children dancing, signifies to the married, loving, obedient and intelligent children and a cheerful and comfortable home. To young people, it denotes easy tasks and many pleasures.

I think this applies to your dream because it seems like the opposite of what the children in your dream were like.

--To see idiotic children, denotes affliction and unhappy changes in life.

I thought this might apply in a relative way because you seemed to wonder at the "blindness" of the children for just jumping into the icy water.

--Bathing in ice-water, anticipated pleasures will be interrupted with an unforeseen event.

It was not yourself, but children, still this gives some insight.

--To dream that you are buried alive denotes that you are about to make a great mistake, which your opponents will quickly turn to your injury. If you are rescued from the grave, your struggle will eventually correct your misadventure.

I think it's significant that you were "watching" this "on tv" and perhaps you feel you are watching this evil happen in someone else's life. Then again, maybe not. It might pertain to you.

I'm not going to list all the entries for "grave". You can look those up yourself. None of them pertain exactly since they refer to a grave of dirt.

I'm going to step out on a very flimsy limb and suggest that perhaps your dream means that you are feeling badly for the destruction you are seeing occur in the life of someone you care about. Possibly you feel your loved one is innocently falling prey to an evil woman. Or perhaps you are seeing this happen in your own life.

Do you think that may be right?

Last edited:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I think you should take the dream literally. Satan made you dream it. He's just messing around. No harm.

iDontLikePeople13

okay i'm gonna take a go at interpreting this. maybe its your sub conscience telling you that you are watching yourself die, not literally, but as in losing who you are as a person and what makes you the person that you are, such as values. i also think the children might represent your need to move on from something that happened in your childhood,but you are letting emotions stand in the way. maybe that is what is making you lose who you are as a person? ahh i know it doesn't make much sense, but that is what i got out of it.

I don't personally agree with the second one. There are just some things that people cannot move on/let go/get over in life, especially what happened in their childhood. It isn't that simple with everyone. It sometimes requires therapy, and even then, it's hard to do. I think a lot of dream interpretation is preachy horoscope nonsense anyway, and I haven't been able to find an actual meaning to dreaming of children that were murdered by their mother, who later on died.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I guess I am not very good at analyzing dreams but to me it may refer to, I don't know, your fear of drowning ? Or not being able to help kids who are drowning ? Or not being able to rescue kids who you feel responsible of ? But since it was a movie you watched I am not sure...
Personally, I sometimes had dreams of seeing the people I care about dying, not being able to do anything to save them and so feel terribly guilty about it then the next day I would feel kind of uneasy and extra protective of my loved ones as if it could really happen now^^
I also heard from a friend of mine that having bad dreams are quite a good thing strangely enough as it relieves negative feelings or anxiety :)