User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default Dream of dead children

I'm not so sure of this being another psychological topic, but I want one of my dreams to be interpreted. Anybody interested?

Okay, well, last night I had a dream that I was watching TV with my friend. The "show" was very twisted. It had what looked like a grave carved into ice. Around it stood many kids in bathing suits ready to jump into the whole, that was filled with icy water. And without any warning one-by-one each kid dropped in. When there were none left, a woman, with an orange face -phony tan- and an Eskimo jacket resurfaced from the water - she was dry, and just stood at the edge, smiling. She said, “Now lets see their bodies rise/float. I come back from this and I'm sitting next to my friend, looking at her, she glances at me and says, "That's the devil...it's Satan."

Anbody know the deal with this creepy dream?
    Last edited by Bellflower; 01-27-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: fixed italics

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

okay i'm gonna take a go at interpreting this.

maybe its your sub conscience telling you that you are watching yourself die, not literally, but as in losing who you are as a person and what makes you the person that you are, such as values.

i also think the children might represent your need to move on from something that happened in your childhood,but you are letting emotions stand in the way. maybe that is what is making you lose who you are as a person?

ahh i know it doesn't make much sense, but that is what i got out of it.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Perhaps you feel that corrupting forces in our society are luring people into dangerous, destructive, evil, and selfish ways of thinking and behaving? Perhaps things like the new reality TV shows or increased violence/desensitization in media?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no idea how to deal with such dreams- I ALWAYS have fucked up dreams- I just push them out of my head and go on with life- I've started to look at them like they're just really messed up movies- that's all!

My advice to you- just push it out of your mind!

You should probably ignore me :sad:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    xNTP

Athenian please feast on this.

Below are three different dreams I constantly have.

- I have this wonderful, yet nondescript dream, yet throughout the whole dream I have this feeling that I am late for something.

- Dreams of seeing a dead, not creepy but more ethereal, girl in my bathroom mirror.

- A tiger attacks me, seemingly at random, but I always kill the tiger.

Weird, I know ...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JustDave View Post
    - I have this wonderful, yet nondescript dream, yet throughout the whole dream I have this feeling that I am late for something.
    You either feel that you're missing out on something important that you may or may not be aware that you want, or there's a sense of urgency permeating your life from somewhere.
    - Dreams of seeing a dead, not creepy but more ethereal, girl in my bathroom mirror.
    She could be your Anima. On the other hand, she could represent another part of your psyche that has been repressed or disconnected somehow, perhaps due to necessity, out growing it, or it represents a person you've left behind in your life.
    - A tiger attacks me, seemingly at random, but I always kill the tiger.
    This could be negative thoughts/doubts, your shadow. The fact that you always kill it means that up to now, you've mostly been able to face your difficulties head on. If it kills you, that means you feel like you're starting to lose control.

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    You either feel that you're missing out on something important that you may or may not be aware that you want, or there's a sense of urgency permeating your life from somewhere.

She could be your Anima. On the other hand, she could represent another part of your psyche that has been repressed or disconnected somehow, perhaps due to necessity, out growing it, or it represents a person you've left behind in your life.

This could be negative thoughts/doubts, your shadow. The fact that you always kill it means that up to now, you've mostly been able to face your difficulties head on. If it kills you, that means you feel like you're starting to lose control.
    Thanks for that.

Definite yes to your first point. I often feel as I am missing out on the action.

I am familiar with the anima/animus concept and I belive this little dead girl represents something else. My anima oddly enough speaks to me through a women at work. This women is around my age and quite attractive. However, I suppose it is possible that as a feeling man in a country that favors males with a thinking preference I could have spme subconcious internal conflict.

The tiger definitely injurs me ohysically and scars me but I always win. I think your analysis is spot on as I have that dream mainly when I am at a crossroads.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by chippinchunk View Post
    I'm not so sure of this being another psychological topic, but I want one of my dreams to be interpreted. Anybody interested?

Okay, well, last night I had a dream that I was watching TV with my friend. The "show" was very twisted. It had what looked like a grave carved into ice. Around it stood many kids in bathing suits ready to jump into the whole, that was filled with icy water. And without any warning one-by-one each kid dropped in. When there were none left, a woman, with an orange face -phony tan- and an Eskimo jacket resurfaced from the water -- she was dry, and just stood at the edge, smiling. She said, "Now lets see their bodies rise/float. I come back from this and I'm sitting next to my friend, looking at her, she glances at me and says, "That's the devil...it's Satan."

Anbody know the deal with this creepy dream?
    Dreams tend to be a combination of scrambled details from real life, rearranged in emotionally reflective parallels.

As far as the details go, are any of them taken from any recent events in your waking life? Where did the bits and pieces your mind used to create the dream come from? (They don't need to be all connected. Did you attend a religious ceremony? Did you watch Fear Factor, or some show on TV about people frozen when they've fallen into the ice, or a movie about children? Or were all the details completely out of the blue?)

This tendency of dreams to assemble completely unrelated details, like using random (and sometimes ill-suited) actors off the street to play out a particular drama, is what makes dreams seem so odd.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Dreams tend to be a combination of scrambled details from real life, rearranged in emotionally reflective parallels.

As far as the details go, are any of them taken from any recent events in your waking life? Where did the bits and pieces your mind used to create the dream come from? (They don't need to be all connected. Did you attend a religious ceremony? Did you watch Fear Factor, or some show on TV about people frozen when they've fallen into the ice, or a movie about children? Or were all the details completely out of the blue?)

This tendency of dreams to assemble completely unrelated details, like using random (and sometimes ill-suited) actors off the street to play out a particular drama, is what makes dreams seem so odd.
    I didn't watch anything of the sort. Well, at least I dont think so. And I know what you mean about everything being scrabbled and played back, it's something my grandmother told me once before. Our minds record everything and our dreams are the playback.

But somehow I believe this was completely random. That's why it had surprised me so much.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Just a counter point, and not meaning to dismiss athenian's analysis at all, but I have a friend who dreamed that her son died, repeatedly, so I went searching on the details of what this could mean. It turned out that most school's of thought (read:things I found on the internet pertaining to dream analysis) seemed to illustrate that the death of a child (your own) in a dream isn't a bad thing, so I went further. A lot of the study on dreams relating to death seem to think they are actually mostly good things, and not bad things. They usually have nothing to do with death at all.

Dream analysis has always been an interest of mine, because I have some pretty fun ones, but I an never 100% sure the analysis is accurate since it always seems so skewed from source to source.