• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ten Thousand Hours of Practice

Mole

Permabanned
The say it takes ten thousand hours of practice to become a master. We have six masters -

1. Jennifer 21,635
2. whatever 13,693
3. Ivy 11,974
4. Lady X 10,972
5. Domino 10,321
6. SillySapienne 10,321

What have they mastered?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One post does not take an hour to make.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Soo.. umm, what's the post to hour conversion ratio?

Here's another saying to consider: Practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
:laugh: cute thread, victor.

my guitar teacher used to say to me 'don't practice until you get it right - practice until you can't get it wrong.' i didn't listen to him much.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

interestingly, i enjoy all the ladies in the 10,000 club.

Mole

Permabanned
The first thing I notice is that all six are women.

Is it that women have superior verbal ability? Or is it that they are the ones who keep relationships going? But whatever it is, we are lucky to have them.

But doing ten thousand hours of practice is not a matter of luck. Is it a matter of taste?

I notice that men who approach the ten thousand hours seem to burn out and are banned. So what is it that women get from Central that men seem unable to access?

And would it be appropriate to approach those who have plainly mastered Central and ask them how we may follow in their footsteps?

Is it that our masterly women create a rich social environment while men impoverish the environment with arguing?

We have our masterly women. Why not see them as our most valuable resource who we can return again and again to for advice and leadership?

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Have you considered their join dates, Victor?
Do you think Jack Flak might have cracked the top 5 had he not been banned?

Just some stuff to ponder.

Mole

Permabanned
Ten Thousand Hours on the Keyboard

Some say Mozart was a genius. But when you read his life you see he put in the ten thousand hours of practice first.

And some like to say that Mozart's music was divine and so was a gift from God. But the truth is that Mozart put in his ten thousand hours of practice.

And our successful six have put in ten thousand hours on the keyboard, just like Mozart.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Notice that all 6 are women. I wonder why that is. And who would've thought an INTP would be at the top of a social board?

Edit: didn't see Victor's subsequent post... dur...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One post does not take an hour to make.

Hell, I can write a three-paragraph post in a few minutes max.
(This one took about 30 seconds.)

... where I spend real time is re-editing them. :)

Have you considered their join dates, Victor?
Do you think Jack Flak might have cracked the top 5 had he not been banned?

Oh noes -- it's a vast female conspiracy!!!

And our successful six have put in ten thousand hours on the keyboard, just like Mozart.

Actually, I've probably put in close to as many hours on an actual piano keyboard just like Mozart. Nice call.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
And who would've thought an INTP would be at the top of a social board?

That's easy, cuz it doesn't require actual interaction. We get to pretend that we're being social, while sitting at home in our underwear. :banana:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^

i got an important business call today when i had JUST gotten out of the shower. it was very, very strange to be talking to someone as if everything were normal when i was completely naked.

:laugh:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's easy, cuz it doesn't require actual interaction. We get to pretend that we're being social, while sitting at home in our underwear. :banana:

Shhh.....!
Just becuz it's true duzn't mean you have to tell the world.
(but pretty much that's it -- it's a type of impersonal personal interaction; you don't have to worry about social cues or emoting with your body; and you can totally control the rate of exchange and extract yourself any time you'd like.)

Poll Idea: How many people have posted here in...

... their underwear?
... the nude?
... topless?
[etc]

^

i got an important business call today when i had JUST gotten out of the shower. it was very, very strange to be talking to someone as if everything were normal when i was completely naked.

:laugh:

Yeah, it's awesome... they have no idea.
Oh, oops... webcam!

Mole

Permabanned
An Electric Scalpel

I do think this is a form of intimacy. But it is a form of group intimacy. It's more like living in a Hall of Residence at university than living in a group house.

Some take to living in a Hall like fish to water. And some seem to drown in the welter of interaction.

However it is like living in a Hall but with elements of an encounter group.

But what is most interesting is that it is never ending. In fact to break away is fairly traumatic. It may involve being banned. Or it may involve publicly expressing disenchantment. But it always means saying goodbye.

I think it is misleading to say that membership is cost free, for there is a psychological price that must be paid by each one of us. We start off here with our expectations and everything we bring with us, and we inevitably change.

And this is the price of admission that is rarely admitted. The price of admission is that we change. We are different people when we leave, that is, if we ever do leave.

And the price is insidious. It creeps up on us without our even noticing. We are indeed a patient anaesthetised upon a table, while Central operates on us with an electric scalpel.