User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    And who would've thought an INTP would be at the top of a social board?
    That's easy, cuz it doesn't require actual interaction. We get to pretend that we're being social, while sitting at home in our underwear.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^

i got an important business call today when i had JUST gotten out of the shower. it was very, very strange to be talking to someone as if everything were normal when i was completely naked.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    That's easy, cuz it doesn't require actual interaction. We get to pretend that we're being social, while sitting at home in our underwear.
    Shhh.....!
    Just becuz it's true duzn't mean you have to tell the world.
    (but pretty much that's it -- it's a type of impersonal personal interaction; you don't have to worry about social cues or emoting with your body; and you can totally control the rate of exchange and extract yourself any time you'd like.)

Poll Idea: How many people have posted here in...

... their underwear?
    ... the nude?
    ... topless?
    [etc]

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^

i got an important business call today when i had JUST gotten out of the shower. it was very, very strange to be talking to someone as if everything were normal when i was completely naked.

Yeah, it's awesome... they have no idea.
    Oh, oops... webcam!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Cool An Electric Scalpel

I do think this is a form of intimacy. But it is a form of group intimacy. It's more like living in a Hall of Residence at university than living in a group house.

Some take to living in a Hall like fish to water. And some seem to drown in the welter of interaction.

However it is like living in a Hall but with elements of an encounter group.

But what is most interesting is that it is never ending. In fact to break away is fairly traumatic. It may involve being banned. Or it may involve publicly expressing disenchantment. But it always means saying goodbye.

I think it is misleading to say that membership is cost free, for there is a psychological price that must be paid by each one of us. We start off here with our expectations and everything we bring with us, and we inevitably change.

And this is the price of admission that is rarely admitted. The price of admission is that we change. We are different people when we leave, that is, if we ever do leave.

And the price is insidious. It creeps up on us without our even noticing. We are indeed a patient anaesthetised upon a table, while Central operates on us with an electric scalpel.