• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you drink?

How much do you drink?

• Never booze is the Devil.

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Once in a great while, if someone forces me to.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Socially, at parties, but that's it.

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • I drink most every chance I get.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Somone pass the Johnny Walker.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I'm too drunk to answer this right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AliciaS2R

MBTI Type
IxTJ
I may have a drink appx~ 6x's a year, but only in a social situation. If I have a beer, then it has to be Killeans or Harps. I do like the taste of Butterscotch Schnapps layered with Bailey's :D
It doesn't take much to affect me nowdays, so I usually don't even finish the beer.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) my best friend is an ESTJ female!

and I don't really get headaches now that I laid off the sugary booze- sugar is a real killer to me! :cry:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
:) my best friend is an ESTJ female!

and I don't really get headaches now that I laid off the sugary booze- sugar is a real killer to me! :cry:

I agree. My brother swears the reason he doesn't get hangovers is because he switched from Bud to Bud light. Granted it's like drinking water but you can still get a decent buzz.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I tend to get hang overs from red wine and if i mix with coke. I don't get hang over's from anything else except walk me downs but i'm convinced it was the uber cheap tequilla used. But I still love red wine.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've stuck with things like Gin and Tonics or Very dry very dirty martinis and wine anymore- I've been safe from headaches! :wubbie:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I was a straight edge kid and then at 23 it hit me that I was legal and I could get into shows and clubs! Yeaaaah!

When I had a life I would go out regularly (at least every weekend) and get L-I-T. It was good clean fun, sometimes hella fun (hahah, that's my Cali speak) and I recommend it to anyone who has such inclinations, especially if you want to get all the wild and crazies out of your system before you hit a 'respectable age'. And learn to handle your liquor. Alcohol can be a GREAT enhancer of nightlife.

Otherwise, I hate the taste of alcohol, makes me want to gag. I'm also slightly allergic to it. I'm not the kind of sophisticate who drinks wine regularly with meals or even does wine tastings. Nor do I drink beer regularly.

However, Ichiban beer goes AWESOME with sushi and edamame and really good pasta makes me want to pair it with red wine. And of course, you can't have good greasy fried bar food without something on tap.

So in other words, drinking is mostly social for me. And involves a lot of mixed drinks. ;)

Now that I'm a social monastic with other priorities, I haven't had alcohol in about a year. When I start going out again with friends (I don't drink by myself, because I is smart) I'll start drinking again, though not as much as I used to.

Have you ever had brunch the next day and the food sloshes the dormant undigested alcohol up in your stomach and you start getting red-faced and buzzed right there at the table? I have. :sick:

Will not miss that.

Luckily, I listen to my body a lot better and I know my limits.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Seems to me that there needs to be an option between "socially, at parties only" and "I drink most every chance I get". That's a pretty big leap there. How about "a few drinks a day, sometimes more sometimes less"? The european option. A reasonably habitual glass of wine with (evening) meals and further drinks optional, for example.

Bloody americans with their puritanical influences. :rolleyes: The poll options alone betray considerable bias.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
To avoid hangovers I drink a ton of water up to right before bed and pop A LOT of aspirin or advil or any other OTC painkiller, like 3 or 4. And eat a banana (the potassium supposedly helps).

This simple hangover prevention routine really works for me.

And Whatever, I heard sugar helps you metabolize the alcohol and absorb it more slowly into the bloodstream. Perhaps when you have too much sugar, it makes the alcohol absorb at too high a volume for your body and overload you? Without sugar, I've heard alcohol will hit your body faster.

I also agree a bit about the light beer. Light beer makes a good chaser or substitute for your regular mixed or hard drinks. It can cut down on your overall alcohol intake.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Bloody americans with their puritanical influences. :rolleyes: The poll options alone betray considerable bias.

Hear, hear!

(Or is it, here, here?)

Though I think most poll takers are just voting the middle option for that very reason. At least, that what I did.

It's more apt to say you drink 'only socially' even if you drink regularly outside of just with company (like with meals as you say and nightcaps) than to leap to the next alkie option.

Though, if we're gonna start talking about cultural differences, alcohol figures much more liberally into the casual and accepted social fabric of certain cultures than in others. Or basically, some countries drink a lot more than others. I will not name names. :D

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
I have at least a beer every two days. Beer has replaced soft drinks for me and find them as a healthier alternative.

Beer tip: How to make a boiler maker

Step one: Find a cheap beer (I personally prefer Pabst Blue Ribbon)
Step two: Find a cheap whiskey (Again, I personally prefer Ancient Age)
Step three: Open aforementioned beer and sip a little bit
Step four: From the opened volume you created in step three, pour in aforementioned whiskey.
Step five: Enjoy!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Depends heavily on the time of the year. I'd say 2 half liter beers a week, and 2 drink probably, all of them either going out with my friends or with my girlfriend. I have drunk more though in the past, but never out of willingness due to shitty life conditions, more due to a lot of socialization. I've been seriously drunk only once, "Kind of" drunk many more times.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
The option: sometimes
is missing from the voting.

So my answer is: sometimes

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I said I drink socially, but I've really only dranken on two occasions. I'm 16, so yah, I can't just to to the store. But I guess I drink if the option is given in a social context. I've never been drunk, I've never had enough to get drunk.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
have you seen this? Brownie Points

bacon vodka don't like vodka but love bacon and do like bloody marys which i bet this would go good in.like the blog says

MBTI Type
INTJ
have you seen this? Brownie Points

bacon vodka don't like vodka but love bacon and do like bloody marys which i bet this would go good in.like the blog says

Wow, that's interesting. Bacon seems to be popping up in lots of unexpected places. Besides the vodka, I've seen it used in chocolate bars and as a topping on doughnuts with maple icing. I guess something as delicious as bacon needs no coaxing to branch out :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Wow, that's interesting. Bacon seems to be popping up in lots of unexpected places. Besides the vodka, I've seen it used in chocolate bars and as a topping on doughnuts with maple icing. I guess something as delicious as bacon needs no coaxing to branch out :)

I have you seen the bacon cookies?

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'll drink socially, at parties. I never go to parties anymore. :D

Teetotaler.