• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much do you drink?

How much do you drink?

• Never booze is the Devil.

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Once in a great while, if someone forces me to.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Socially, at parties, but that's it.

Votes: 24 40.7%
  • I drink most every chance I get.

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Somone pass the Johnny Walker.

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • I'm too drunk to answer this right now.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
It is quite a problem, but when the booze gets flowing, well, there are no problems any more.
Ah...I understand, but once you're sober again....the same problems remain. I would imagine that some of this may have to do with the job...and maybe your age?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
It is quite a problem, but when the booze gets flowing, well, there are no problems any more.

Warning: this might be the worst piece of advice you will ever receive.

I happen to have a very strong opinion on alcohol. If your alcohol consumption is not detrimental to your health and wellbeing, or that of your family and friends than drain that glass dry! However, if it is having a detrimental impact on your life get help ASAP. From my friends experiences I know that alcohol can cause people to lose control of their lives extremely quickly.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wine is evil, but so wonderfully yummy.

*gasp* :horor: blasphemy! Wine is WONDERFUL! :wubbie:

this thead is interesting to me as a liquor store employee! :laugh: Sadly, I find myself mentally pricing what all of you guys are listing drinkwise :blush:

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I meant evil in the best possible sense of the word, of course. :)

Yellow Tail Shiraz, $13.99 a bottle. Cheap, effective, and again, yummy.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've drank 20 drinks (standard sized) this month, approximately one per day. One third of it alone, rest of it socially. I enjoy it, and it's healthy to my knowledge.

Today I had 0.5 liter dark beer, 0.5 liter lager and a small glass (12cc) of red wine with my friends on a dinner and after it, totaling 4 standard units of alcohol.

I usually feel at least a bit bad if drinking any more, so I avoid it. I think my record is about 14 units in one session .. haven't done that in a long time tho. It's awful. I think I was ill for a week after that.

Sometimes I notice ill effects after having drank as little as 2 drinks the previous night, and I avoid it if I want to feel extra sharp and healthy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OMG! $13.99 for you guys?!! :shock: that's $7.99 for a fifth and $11.99 for 1.5 liters here! :laugh:

:jesus: I'm drinking Licor 43 right now- delicious! :drool: (and merely one glass! :tongue:)

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Well, it would seem that being in the military has caused a definite increase in my consumption of alcohol, I would not say that it is entirely detrimental. I have maintained a very strong hold upon my life. In anticipation of my upcoming deployment I have started drinking much less, and this has not been difficult for me in the least bit. I agree, that while booze is perceived as a short term solution, this is applicable if the drinker becomes sober. Haha, I kid, but in the military, alcohol consumption is a way of life.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
OMG! $13.99 for you guys?!! :shock: that's $7.99 for a fifth and $11.99 for a liter here! :laugh:

:jesus: I'm drinking Licor 43 right now- delicious! :drool: (and merely one glass! :tongue:)

I think mine might have been close to 10 I was just agreeing with the taste. unless you weren't talking to me :ninja: then I have said nothing.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
;) to both of you! (and it was 1.5 liters- I'm bad with remembering the names for bottle sizes sometimes :blush:)

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
Well, it would seem that being in the military has caused a definite increase in my consumption of alcohol, I would not say that it is entirely detrimental. I have maintained a very strong hold upon my life. In anticipation of my upcoming deployment I have started drinking much less, and this has not been difficult for me in the least bit. I agree, that while booze is perceived as a short term solution, this is applicable if the drinker becomes sober. Haha, I kid, but in the military, alcohol consumption is a way of life.
I have a very dear friend who graduated from the Academy and was stationed in Alaska (among many places) and he described life in the Air Force much the way that you do...when he was your age. :yes:

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I have a very dear friend who graduated from the Academy and was stationed in Alaska (among many places) and he described life in the Air Force much the way that you do...when he was your age. :yes:

I see, and as an academy graduate, he will most likely not be deployed into army convoy operations. It's a very different world, when you know that you are being deployed to an area in which you know that being killed is about a 45% possibility.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I see, and as an academy graduate, he will most likely not be deployed into army convoy operations. It's a very different world, when you know that you are being deployed to an area in which you know that being killed is about a 45% possibility.

Ouch. My brother's best friend served four years in the Marine corps. and now, one year into his ready reserve obligation he is being recalled. Suffice to say for his sake and yours' I hope 45% is a bit high.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Incidentally, good job constructing the poll. It is starting to assume a bell shape curve which means it might actually be accurate.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Ouch. My brother's best friend served four years in the Marine corps. and now, one year into his ready reserve obligation he is being recalled. Suffice to say for his sake and yours' I hope 45% is a bit high.

Well, 45% is high in the aspect that all who go outside the wire stand a 45% chance to be killed. I meant that when a convoy is hit by an I.E.D. (Improvised explosive device) you stand a 45% chance of being killed. (I could go into more detail, but that information would be classified.)

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i rarely drink and when i do it's usually someone almost forcing me to, of course it's still my choice. I usually drink when my best friends come over with beer and basically pour them down my throat. Sometimes i'll have one drink when we go out to dinner or something.

I used to drink a lot more when i was in high school because it was sort of a social thing. I've only actually been drunk about 2 times. It seems to take a lot to get me nice and liquored up.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Yes, more to the original topic, I intended for there to be sort of a bell curve. I wanted so see if the results broke down in a atypical manor, which actually seems to be holding true a standard deviation type curve.

armstrongvk12

MBTI Type
ENxJ
He was not deployed into army convoy operations, but has been deployed multiple times over the years, as well as recently, to places where he has been shot at by enemy fire. (I'm on your side.....just sent a care package to a marine that one of my classes adopted while he is in Iraq as he has no family that supports him). :hug:

But back to the topic, I think some of the figures might be due to age more than anything else.