User Tag List

View Poll Results: How much do you drink?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never booze is the Devil.

6 10.17%
  • Once in a great while, if someone forces me to.

12 20.34%
  • Socially, at parties, but that's it.

24 40.68%
  • I drink most every chance I get.

13 22.03%
  • Somone pass the Johnny Walker.

4 6.78%
  • I'm too drunk to answer this right now.

0 0%
First 56789 Last

I may have a drink appx~ 6x's a year, but only in a social situation. If I have a beer, then it has to be Killeans or Harps. I do like the taste of Butterscotch Schnapps layered with Bailey's
    It doesn't take much to affect me nowdays, so I usually don't even finish the beer.
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching"I(95%) N(53%) T(84%) J(58%)
    5 sp/sx/so varient Global 5: sloan RCOEI; r|C|oei; primary Calm; R(66%)C(76%)O(58%)E(66%)I(62%)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my best friend is an ESTJ female!

and I don't really get headaches now that I laid off the sugary booze- sugar is a real killer to me!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    xNTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    my best friend is an ESTJ female!

and I don't really get headaches now that I laid off the sugary booze- sugar is a real killer to me!
    I agree. My brother swears the reason he doesn't get hangovers is because he switched from Bud to Bud light. Granted it's like drinking water but you can still get a decent buzz.

MBTI
    yupp

I tend to get hang overs from red wine and if i mix with coke. I don't get hang over's from anything else except walk me downs but i'm convinced it was the uber cheap tequilla used. But I still love red wine.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've stuck with things like Gin and Tonics or Very dry very dirty martinis and wine anymore- I've been safe from headaches!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    GONE

I was a straight edge kid and then at 23 it hit me that I was legal and I could get into shows and clubs! Yeaaaah!

When I had a life I would go out regularly (at least every weekend) and get L-I-T. It was good clean fun, sometimes hella fun (hahah, that's my Cali speak) and I recommend it to anyone who has such inclinations, especially if you want to get all the wild and crazies out of your system before you hit a 'respectable age'. And learn to handle your liquor. Alcohol can be a GREAT enhancer of nightlife.

Otherwise, I hate the taste of alcohol, makes me want to gag. I'm also slightly allergic to it. I'm not the kind of sophisticate who drinks wine regularly with meals or even does wine tastings. Nor do I drink beer regularly.

However, Ichiban beer goes AWESOME with sushi and edamame and really good pasta makes me want to pair it with red wine. And of course, you can't have good greasy fried bar food without something on tap.

So in other words, drinking is mostly social for me. And involves a lot of mixed drinks.

Now that I'm a social monastic with other priorities, I haven't had alcohol in about a year. When I start going out again with friends (I don't drink by myself, because I is smart) I'll start drinking again, though not as much as I used to.

Have you ever had brunch the next day and the food sloshes the dormant undigested alcohol up in your stomach and you start getting red-faced and buzzed right there at the table? I have.

Will not miss that.

Luckily, I listen to my body a lot better and I know my limits.

MBTI
    yupp

I don't mind slight hangovers.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

Seems to me that there needs to be an option between "socially, at parties only" and "I drink most every chance I get". That's a pretty big leap there. How about "a few drinks a day, sometimes more sometimes less"? The european option. A reasonably habitual glass of wine with (evening) meals and further drinks optional, for example.

Bloody americans with their puritanical influences. The poll options alone betray considerable bias.

MBTI
    GONE

To avoid hangovers I drink a ton of water up to right before bed and pop A LOT of aspirin or advil or any other OTC painkiller, like 3 or 4. And eat a banana (the potassium supposedly helps).

This simple hangover prevention routine really works for me.

And Whatever, I heard sugar helps you metabolize the alcohol and absorb it more slowly into the bloodstream. Perhaps when you have too much sugar, it makes the alcohol absorb at too high a volume for your body and overload you? Without sugar, I've heard alcohol will hit your body faster.

I also agree a bit about the light beer. Light beer makes a good chaser or substitute for your regular mixed or hard drinks. It can cut down on your overall alcohol intake.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Bloody americans with their puritanical influences. The poll options alone betray considerable bias.

Hear, hear!

(Or is it, here, here?)

Though I think most poll takers are just voting the middle option for that very reason. At least, that what I did.

It's more apt to say you drink 'only socially' even if you drink regularly outside of just with company (like with meals as you say and nightcaps) than to leap to the next alkie option.

Though, if we're gonna start talking about cultural differences, alcohol figures much more liberally into the casual and accepted social fabric of certain cultures than in others. Or basically, some countries drink a lot more than others. I will not name names.