User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

Default Suffocating in depression?

When you feel like you can't go on and that nothing matters from the minute you wake up till the time you finally drop off to sleep and you know that you are just constantly annoying people with your miserableness...

What do you do? How do you make it stop?
    Talking to someone doesn't help, it just makes me feel pathetic. I've begun to run out of ideas.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Forcing yourself to do things that would logically give you more energy and motivation (exercise, talking with people, etc) usually make things better after a while.

MBTI
    yupp

I relate to this, especially talking to people part. the only thing that's helped me and I've tried just therapy is meds. And yes people might view you as lazy but if you've been down the road I have tried everything and nothing works. I still have times where I'm depressed, I'm depressed right now, and I reacently had a med change because of it so I'm re adjusting. Maybe I'm hopeless maybe will stop working for me, maybe I am destined to be depressed but I know that a combination of meds and talk therapy help me.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Thumbs up Help

Quote Originally Posted by vieamemusique View Post
    When you feel like you can't go on and that nothing matters from the minute you wake up till the time you finally drop off to sleep and you know that you are just constantly annoying people with your miserableness...

What do you do? How do you make it stop?
    Talking to someone doesn't help, it just makes me feel pathetic. I've begun to run out of ideas.
    Clinical Depression is suffocating. And it suffocates some to death. It suffocates not only our feelings but our very breath itself. No wonder we hate and fear it.

And it cuts us off from others, for we are in rapport when we breathe together.

We are dependent on our breath for life. And when we are suffocating with Clinical Depression or water-boarding, we feel we are being tortured. And we are.

So it is vital to ask for help.

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I think the only way to give you useful advice would be to know the origin of the depression. I know that, for myself, it was on account of slowly adopting a really nihilistic worldview that began to bleed into, and personally affect me; I didn't even realize I was depressed until I really stepped out and looked at my situation because I had thought it only applied to how I thought and was "outside of me" and therefore unable to affect me emotionally. [Depression does NOT always mean sad!] Self-induced, however, is MUCH different than organic, or one with an unknown source (tricky.)

I'd start by trying to think of why, or what may have potentially caused you to feel this way. Did something happen? Do you just feel frustrated for no reason? Are you experiencing any big life changes (college, marriage, job change, etc.) that may make you feel confused, ineffectual, lost, or helpless? Or is it something that feels like it literally came out of no-where? Like you just woke up one day and felt lethargic, that nothing is worth it, that you just simply don't want to get up?

There are some people that naturally fall into and become content in routines very easily. You're busy, you've many things on your mind, etc. It's easy to forget that you need small changes for your health time and again. After a while, you might feel a sense of general frustration with an unknown cause, which then amplifies and perpetuates the frustration because you can't pinpoint it. It's in these times that a small change is warranted, as it is a pre-cursor to depression. If ignored and left to fester, you'll find yourself inexplicably depressed and when you finally do figure out the cause, it necessitates a BIG change (instead of small; it's proportional to the level [severity] of dissatisfaction/depression) which is harder to perform when you're depressed, but is still the only way out. (vicious circle...) I think this is why we call it a downward spiral, a loop--because it literally is.

I hope you find your way out. Good luck.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I just feel like it crept back up on me, this depression.
    That I'm a bother to everyone around me, constantly feeling guilty at every single thing I do.
    That every action I take is the wrong one, regarding life and the people in it. I irrationally feel as though everyone hates me, and that they would be happier in the long run if I was just not there to bring them down anymore.

It seems so stupid and silly. I feel like if I tell anyone in my life what is going on they are going to be disappointed or feel the need to pity me.

MBTI
    yupp

That I'm a bother to everyone around me, constantly feeling guilty at every single thing I do.
    That every action I take is the wrong one, regarding life and the people in it. I irrationally feel as though everyone hates me, and that they would be happier in the long run if I was just not there to bring them down anymore.

It seems so stupid and silly. I feel like if I tell anyone in my life what is going on they are going to be disappointed or feel the need to pity me.
    you really have no idea how much i relate to this.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

Bother to others--->depressed-->bother to others

or

Depressed--->bother to others--> depressed ?

It looks silly, but I think it a very important distinction.

If you felt depressed, and because of that, don't want to "burden" others, the remedy is going to look much different than if you became depressed BECAUSE you already felt you were a burden to others.

Vicious circle, indeed.

What is going on?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Exercise. Failing that - meds. Don't let the fucking doctor short change you, either. My ex-wife got Xanax and 60 mg of Zoloft and there wasn't a damn thing wrong with her except chronic bitch-itis.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I have found a few things to be effective against depression:

1) Go out and ride a bike or run, walk fast etc. the more the better. Get sweaty, get out of breath. Oxygen is important.
    2)Yoga helps to. Again, deep breathing is so important.
    3)Try this: take a deep breath, all the way in. now let it out slowly. Your heart rate will decrease, and you will feel calmer. Do this 5 times, whenever you think of it. Combine with 5).
    4)Smile at a stranger. See how they react. Send a card to relative. Do something for someone else. It changes your perspective so you feel less isolated. When you make other people happy, you become happier.
    5)Stop and think about how your body feels right now. Can you feel your clothes against your skin? What do you smell? Is there a breeze? what do you hear? If you focus on what you feel right now, you will not focus on your mood as much.