User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What do you fear the most?

filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar

Losing my health and staying perpetually poor.

Curiously, those things I worry most are among my main values as per one test, which are health, adventure and wealth

I wondered why I won't be afraid of losing adventure, then.. but .. actually I do, too.

I've been asked why I don't just get a bad job, but I insist of getting a good one.

The answer: I'm afraid I might get so bored in a bad job that I'd lose my inspiration, and be stuck in a rut, unable to exert myself to improve my conditions. A bad job is such that isn't interesting, doesn't provide opportunities for change and doesn't support an interesting lifestyle.

I've actually thought about this as a fear, and deducted that it IS a legitimate reason of fear for me.

So, my fears correspond exactly to losing the things I value.

Junior Member Array

My overriding phobia is failure. Failure to be as "great" as I want to be, in the big picture, but what happens is that every little failure perturbs me.

Senior Member Array

My biggest fear…………something happening to the kids. It used to be that one of them would get terminally ill, and I’d have to watch them suffer.
    But I found out about a little boy who was murdered in the UK and have been having nightmares ever since. That’s my worst fear now.

I don’t want to die; this is a new thing for me, its never worried me before. But since I’ve had kids I am worrying about.
    However, if I look at it closely the thing that worries me most is not being here for my children should they need me.
    Having said that, I had complications with my second pregnancy and there was a real chance I could lose her and die myself………….this didn’t worry me. I told the other half that should the need arise, they were to do EVERYTHING they could to save the baby, if that meant cutting me open with out anaesthetic and leaving me to bleed to death, then that’s what they should do. Sounds dramatic, but I would die happy knowing that my baby had survived, heck I’d have died happy knowing that they had tried their hardest to save her.

Pain doesn’t worry me, I’d take everything they did to that murdered little boy and more to save one of mine going through it, tbh I’d probably have taken it to save him it, even though he wasn’t mine.
    I think about the little boy often, it probably doesn’t help that I have a boy the same age. But (had I been his mother) if its possible to die of a broken heart I’d have died as they told what had been done to him, and if I didn’t die then I would have shortly after. The thought that my child had gone through that and that I hadn’t been there, to protect & comfort, heck just to help end his suffering if that’s all I could do, fills me with dread.

When you have kids everything pales into insignificance, because nothing is as important as protecting, providing and letting them know they are loved. So now I live a life full of fear, from the big things, like the state of the world, world war, to them being kidnapped and murdered to the thought that when they grow up they might not know that I love them and would do anything for them. I even worry about the little things, whether someone will be mean to them at school, or their favourite toy might get broken.

Sum it up in a sentence………My worst fear is failing my children.

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

I fear no longer being able to create.

I also fear isolation. I fear being a bother or an annoyance to someone I value most.

I also fear dying a really stupid death.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

Courage is immortality Array Valiant's Avatar
    8w7 sx/so

I got a new one... eeeww... Porceline... *shudders*

Anyone who has played the Monkey Island games will understand me

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Vivid View Post
    More than anything else, I'm afraid of undead things looking at me. I choose that because it's something that terrifies me almost every day.
    Honestly, they don't see you: They only see what they want to see.

I fear getting stupid.

I fear having people look at me as if I'm a bad person.

I fear not being able to take care of myself.

I fear never making a real connection with another human being.

I fear wasting my life because I was afraid.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I fear getting stupid.
    Hahaha, beautifully stated!

I fear being openly criticized as inferior, incompetent, unattractive and undesirable.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

I fear never becoming what I believe I could, because I'll just sit around and think it to death.

I fear never being able to be who I truly am--I fear that I'll always be misunderstood by most people I know.

I fear never finding a mindmate/soulmate.

I fear that whatever it is, I'm doing it wrong.

Dieing alone and unaccomplished.

Dying. Just dying, whether alone or surrounded by many loved ones. That's why the main goal i have in my life is to stay alive long enough for when we will develop ways to radically extend our lives; and anyone who is aware of the rapid and accelerating rate of technological advancements we're having will realize that it's far from an impossible goal.