User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 15

  1. #1
    Junior Member Azlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    GTFO
    Posts
    8

    Default A thought on psychological trauma

    If a person's actions are not objectively beneficial to one's instincts then that person's actions are nothing but a distraction from their pyschological trauma or being used to justify said trauma.

    Thoughts? Comments?
    Last edited by Azlan; 10-07-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Added variable to argument.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    I would think that if a person's actions counteract their instincts that this would actually be the road leading to Psychological trauma not a diversion from it.

    Or maybe I misunderstand you??

  3. #3
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Azlan, I can't make any sense from your statement. Care to reword or expound a bit? 'Twould illuminate the subject in greater clarity for me.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #4
    Junior Member Azlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    GTFO
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I would think that if a person's actions counteract their instincts that this would actually be the road leading to Psychological trauma not a diversion from it.

    Or maybe I misunderstand you??
    Whether or not you're "on the road" to psychological trauma would be made evident through the fact that your actions are not fufilling your instinct and are being used to distract yourself from trauma instead.

  5. #5
    Junior Member Azlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    GTFO
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Azlan, I can't make any sense from your statement. Care to reword or expound a bit? 'Twould illuminate the subject in greater clarity for me.
    What I'm trying to convey is that if our actions are not for the objective good or fufillment of our instinct (definition of instinct being innate behaviours that contribute to the development and success of both yourself and your species) then your actions are being used as a distraction from the implied psychological trauma. Your actions may also be used to try and justify said psychological trauma.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azlan View Post
    Whether or not you're "on the road" to psychological trauma would be made evident through the fact that your actions are not fufilling your instinct and are being used to distract yourself from trauma instead.
    So are you suggesting that following your instincts will lead to Psychological trauma, and the to avoid it , people act in ways that belie their natural inclinations??

  7. #7
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    So what happens if instincts are self-destructive ones?

  8. #8
    Junior Member Azlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    GTFO
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    So are you suggesting that following your instincts will lead to Psychological trauma, and the to avoid it , people act in ways that belie their natural inclinations??
    What? No. Where did you deduct that from? I'm suggesting that a failure to follow instinct is instead an attempt to distract yourself from trauma.

  9. #9
    Junior Member Azlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    GTFO
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphor View Post
    So what happens if instincts are self-destructive ones?
    Then life wouldn't exist.

  10. #10
    nee andante bechimo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azlan View Post
    Then life wouldn't exist.
    Too many assumptions, Azlan. Rebuild your argument without them.

Similar Threads

  1. Thoughts on types, psychology
    By onemoretime in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
  2. The Emerging Church - Thoughts on Postmodern Christianity
    By Apollonian in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM
  3. Has anyone heard of Global Dimming and if so what are your thoughts on it??
    By ladypinkington in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 06:13 AM
  4. Thoughts on Hybrid MBTI/Keirsey Types?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 03:52 PM
  5. My thoughts on the I phone
    By Opivy1980 in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 06:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO