• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A thought on psychological trauma

Azlan

MBTI Type
GTFO
If a person's actions are not objectively beneficial to one's instincts then that person's actions are nothing but a distraction from their pyschological trauma or being used to justify said trauma.

Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I would think that if a person's actions counteract their instincts that this would actually be the road leading to Psychological trauma not a diversion from it.

Or maybe I misunderstand you??

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Azlan, I can't make any sense from your statement. Care to reword or expound a bit? 'Twould illuminate the subject in greater clarity for me.

Azlan

MBTI Type
GTFO
I would think that if a person's actions counteract their instincts that this would actually be the road leading to Psychological trauma not a diversion from it.

Or maybe I misunderstand you??

Whether or not you're "on the road" to psychological trauma would be made evident through the fact that your actions are not fufilling your instinct and are being used to distract yourself from trauma instead.

Azlan

MBTI Type
GTFO
Azlan, I can't make any sense from your statement. Care to reword or expound a bit? 'Twould illuminate the subject in greater clarity for me.

What I'm trying to convey is that if our actions are not for the objective good or fufillment of our instinct (definition of instinct being innate behaviours that contribute to the development and success of both yourself and your species) then your actions are being used as a distraction from the implied psychological trauma. Your actions may also be used to try and justify said psychological trauma.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Whether or not you're "on the road" to psychological trauma would be made evident through the fact that your actions are not fufilling your instinct and are being used to distract yourself from trauma instead.

So are you suggesting that following your instincts will lead to Psychological trauma, and the to avoid it , people act in ways that belie their natural inclinations??

Azlan

MBTI Type
GTFO
So are you suggesting that following your instincts will lead to Psychological trauma, and the to avoid it , people act in ways that belie their natural inclinations??

What? No. Where did you deduct that from? I'm suggesting that a failure to follow instinct is instead an attempt to distract yourself from trauma.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
What? No. Where did you deduct that from? I'm suggesting that a failure to follow instinct is instead an attempt to distract yourself from trauma.

But your are then concluding that instincts lead to trauma. I am of the school, that instincts are what save you from trauma and it's the deviations from following your instincts that cause the trauma.

Unless as someone said, your instincts are self destructive .. and in that case the trauma has already been dealt.

Azlan

MBTI Type
GTFO
But your are then concluding that instincts lead to trauma.

...Wat. What I am saying, in as plain a way as possible, is that if you are not following and benefiting instinct, you are distracting yourself from trauma.

rav3n

Consider the instinct for procreation. Can you imagine how this instinct could be traumatic? How far should one person follow instinct?

Consider the competitive instinct. Can you imagine how this instinct could be traumatic? How far should one person follow instinct?

Everything has multiple perspectives to it.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
...Wat. What I am saying, in as plain a way as possible, is that if you are not following and benefiting instinct, you are distracting yourself from trauma.

well I would say that you are not speaking as plainly as you feel you are.. no one has yet quite understood what you are trying to say here.
I am not seeking to argue .. but rather to understand..
I am sure there is merit in what you are trying to express.. I simply seek this merit so I may add it to my own library.