• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need a reason

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because you never know purple...and knowing would ruin the surprise. :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The best reason is "Why not?"

ryb

MBTI Type
INTP
What's your reason for needing a reason?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I guess the best reason is because hopefully you've experienced 5 minutes of happiness at least once in your life...and it's logical that the conditions that brought you that happiness and be reproduced.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I was very suicidal last night and couldn't find a reason to keep living but i didn't want to die either. but felt i had no choice. So I took 3 sleeping pills and went to bed in hopes that i'd wake up in the morning with at least one reason. I still am but not as bad as i was last night.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You need a reason to live?

Well that's simple. You need to live, because if you die, a double-headed fartilicious pixie will die with you. You really wanna be responsible for the death of that pixie? MURDERER!!!!!!1

What's your reason for needing a reason?
What's your reason for needing her reason for needing a reason?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:) go with the reason I always choose... tommorrow is another day, it will be different... different could mean better!

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Because everything always changes, and you will not see the world exactly like you do today, on another day.

The changes might be slow and subtle across time, but you will change as will the environments you are situated in.

Why do you need a reason when you can just let yourself be here now. Acknowledge the moment. Keep doing this. Still your mind. Just be here. Whenever you reject the moment, you become unconscious. Just let yourself be conscious to the now.

A

A window to the soul

Reasons to live:

To reach out, to make a difference,
To see your dreams come true,
To see the ocean, feel your toes in the sand,
To feel hugs & kisses, fall in love,
To cry tears of joy, laugh, be silly,
To feel pain, talk it through,
To breathe in, breathe out, repeat,
To smell roses, cookies baking, something new,
To feel snow, maybe for the first time, build a snowman,
To sing at the wheel, in the rain, while you clean,
To lay in the grass and stare at the clouds,
To hear the symphony of crickets and frogs at night,
To gaze at the stars and the many simple pleasures around you,
To hold a warm hand on a cold day, snuggle under a soft blanket,
To see christmas lights, to make something special, to give,
To feel the music, To *feel*,
To take the high road... walk away,
To embrace your inner nerdiness, To love yourself, To face your fears,
To learn more, learn how, beat the odds, prove 'em wrong,
To be uniquely you...

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
well, they're not really reasons, but it's the mindless things that help me wait it out when i'm down... hot showers, gooey chocolate brownies with ice cream, fuzzy blankets, kittens, sneaking onto a golf course and running through the sprinklers, climbing trees, running off a dock and cannonballing into a lake, cartwheels, the smell of the ocean air, the night sky far away from the city, snow days, facepaint, reading about weird stuff, stupid fanfiction, stumbleupon, pumpkins, singing loud when no one can hear you, rolling down the windows and turning up the music in your car while going fast, the wind in your hair...

i try to immerse myself in those things and not think about anything but them until i feel a little bit better. sometimes just a little adrenaline rush helps me feel okay again.

as for a real reason... i think mostly because there are people that love me whose lives i would really hurt, even people who don't know me super well. at least if you can hold out for a while then you can see if things will change first... which i believe they always do, like hopelandic said.

if you don't mind talking about it, what's making you feel this way right now? maybe we can help you come up with some new ideas to address it? :hug:

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I know that feeling very well, prpl. Sometimes, the thoughts are consuming and I often find that sleeping pills and sleeping are the thing to do in times of such distress. Although the next morning, it comes crushing back on you, it does delay the suffocating sadness for a bit.

Someone pointed out to me that the whole point of suicide was to end suffering and pain -- and that when you die, you can no longer feel. I think their point was that in order to let go of pain, you let go of every other feeling as well. The happiness, excitement, giddyness, etc. Those feelings that may be fleeting, certainly make life worth living.

The two posts above put it so well. I know that life is this horrible fucked up place, but it does get better, even for just a bit, it's so worth it.
I really hope that things get better for you, I know they will.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!!!!

(Satisfied?)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, if you're not the type swayed by optimism, as most who find living hard aren't, it's worth considering that death most likely will end in eternal nothingness. What you have now has a limited time span and may only be a one time offer, may as well keep it till the lease ends.

If you are considering the big D, you might also want to try the little D: change. For some unknown reason people seem to find it scarier, though I don't know why.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the sleeping pills i'm prescribed, are actually old fashion anti-deppressants and i took 3 the night before and 4 last night i don't know if it was them or if my mood changes rapidly or what. but i do feel better.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My reason is that l couldn't do that to my mother. You're free to borrow it if it helps.