User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default what's your sleeping pattern?

Like is it consistent or does it change?

How many hours do you sleep a night on average?

Do feel you get enough sleep?

Mine is
    not consistent

for a month or so I'll sleep 13 plus hours and still feel like I need more rest, and if I force myself to only sleep 8 I feel like a total zombie, but if I sleep 13-15 hours during this period I feel more rested, than suddenly I'll sleep 3-4 hours a night and feel absolutley rested. it's weird.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFJ

Pattern? There is absolutely no pattern. 13 hours one day, 3 hours the next, allnighter the next.....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Usually Im used to sleeping in parts (4-5 hours) and (3-4 hours) per day, however these days I sleep quite early at about right after the sun goes down until about 2 hours before the sun rises.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I sleep about 4-5 hours during the night over the work week; and if I'm not driving in the carpool, I'll get an extra hour or so in the car; and sometimes I'll take a 2 hour nap when I get home if I can't stay awake.

On the weekend, I'll sleep anywhere from 7-10 hours a night. About a month ago, I was so tired, I got home on a Friday night, fell asleep on the sofa at 6:30pm, crawled into bed at 9pm, and didn't wake up until about 10am the next day.

No, I don't get enough sleep. My ideal would be 8-9 hours a night, probably; it sucks being a night owl who has to get up at 5am to make the work commute. I had one bad afternoon a few weeks ago where I kept zoning out during a meeting no matter how hard I fought to focus (and drinking coffee), and when I'd struggle back to awareness and open my mouth to say something, I realized that it would be gibberish (since I was kinda in a dream state)... so I'd shut my mouth again. That was the worst period of sleep-deprivation I think I've had.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm fairly consistent in my habits... I tend to go to bed anywhere from 11:30 PM to 12:30 AM through the week, and wake up around 6 AM. After work I tend to pass out for an hour or so on the couch if I'm lucky... And on the weekends I tend to go to bed around midnight and wake up around 8 or 9 AM... Sometimes 10 AM if I don't have anything going on that day.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm very lucky to have a pretty flexible work schedule, so I can usually get up at my preferred time (8am) which means I go to bed around 11:30-12:30. I try to get 8 hours a night but sometimes it's closer to 7. On the weekends I don't usually stay up much later and sleep until I wake up, typically 8-9am but occasionally earlier or later.

I dread having a "real job" where I have to get up before 7, because it's really hard to go to bed before 11 and I get really grumpy with less than 7 hours of sleep.

edit: I should add that 1) I feel like compared to a lot of people, I do well for sleep, but I'd prefer to have a bit more some days. Sometimes 7h is enough but sometimes even 8.5 is too little. and 2) I naturally want to get up earlier in summer and much later in winter. On weekends I'd wake up at maybe 9-10 in winter compared to ~8 in summer.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    yupp

this is a lot more fascinating than i thought. Not that I'd thought it be boring, but I didn't know I could get this much joy out of reading about other people's sleeping patterns, I was more interesting and see if their was a pattern with the members of the board. But actually reading each individual one I find interesting. Maybe I'm just weird, but I find it fascinating.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

Well I can sleep all the time..

I want to be in bed at 10pm and I get up around 6.30am. Sometimes I go to bed at 11:30pm or so. I love when I can go to bed at 8pm :i
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post

I sleep at least 5 hours a night. sometimes less though

No , I usually try to work an hour nap in during the day if i can.

Mine is NOT consistent at all, Last month, I didnt go to bed till 6 am, EVERYDAY for 30 days, then school started so that had to change.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'm very lucky to have a pretty flexible work schedule, so I can usually get up at my preferred time (8am) which means I go to bed around 11:30-12:30. I try to get 8 hours a night but sometimes it's closer to 7. On the weekends I don't usually stay up much later and sleep until I wake up, typically 8-9am but occasionally earlier or later.

I dread having a "real job" where I have to get up before 7, because it's really hard to go to bed before 11 and I get really grumpy with less than 7 hours of sleep.
    Yeah... I always told a former boss that I'd never have an 8-5 because I hate mornings... Now I'm working a 7-4 job! I hate getting up early...but getting off when the sun is still up regardless of time of the year is nice.