• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what's your sleeping pattern?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
getting off when the sun is still up regardless of time of the year is nice.

That part is cool.. I just hate it when I get home and I'm so tired I just go to bed again anyway... all that daylight, wasted!

Usehername

On a mission
I go to sleep every night between 1130-1am. I wake up 5:50MWF, but S,Sun, T,Th I can sleep in.

I would love to train myself to get up at the same time every day because if you're up very early you can get all your work done and then not be continually finishing things down to the wire. Next semester I asked to teach 730 am, which means up at 5:00am. I want to give it a trial of getting up at 5, powering through, and being DONE with grad school reading, writing, prepping for class and grading by 4pm.

Most people are not extreme night owls or early birds. When I was on my gap year I found that I, like many others, could easily adapt to waking up at 330 am to travel before the African sun got too hot, even though I'd default to a night owl. This was easy when we all shared a large bedroom and everyone was beginning to wake up together; I think it's more cultural that people think they're night owls. It's easier to stay in bed when your blood pressure is low from lying down all night and it's a dark room lacking the light chemicals that are supposed to kickstart your alertness and there's nothing to stimulate it. We're more social beings than that. It's hard to get into a routine on your own, which is why I wanted to commit to 730 am teaching. If we're just getting up for our own benefit it's like swimming against the current. But on my gap year program I learned it's just as easy to drift into early rising if everyone around you is doing it and there's human activity stirring when you're waking up.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
It takes a lot of time for me to fall asleep, I think one and a half hour, two and a half when I'm stressed, and I need at least six hours of sleep if I want to make sure I'm not moody the next day. During weekends I always get up around 10 AM, regardless of when I went to bed. It's like my body wants me to get up right then. I also sleep more when my bed is warmer, I don't know why. I actually hate mornings, but when I have to get up early I also go to sleep very early. I notice some of my peers don't and then they wonder why they're so tired? You don't just fix that with a can of Red Bull. So sleep is pretty much sacred to me.

BRMC117

is an ambi-turner
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w2
30-40 hours of being awake, then about 10 hours of sleep is how it goes for me

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
11-2am till 9-noon is a pretty average range for me. Usually: 1-2am till 9-10am. That gives me, at the least, 7 hours of sleep a night. I aim for anywhere between 8-12.

Sometimes I cannot fall asleep easily.. and sometimes its hard to wake up for no reason. :wacko: I'm not sure why that is.

Permabanned
anything less than 8h is insufficient. too many all nighters in the past. my circadian rythm is also close to fubar, so I'm staying up all night and sleeping until mid day. I miss a steady night sleep and early rising, it feels more energizing and productive.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I need at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night, if I get less than 5-6 I can barely even function as a sane human being (though trust me there have been enough days in my life where I was running on 0-4 hours, but it's really really bad for me to that), and I frequently sleep as much as 9 or 10 hours per night when I can.

Lately I've been going to sleep at 3 or 4 AM and waking up between 11 AM -1 PM. I don't like going to sleep any closer to sunrise than 4 am because it really screws me up even if I sleep for 8 hours, something feels "wrong." I prefer to fall asleep sometime between midnight and 3 AM ideally. It's very difficult for me to fall asleep before 10 PM ever, and whenever I've had to wake up very early (let's say before 8 AM) I am a complete WRECK. I am a night person, and have been since my teens.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
normally in bed by 2-4 am. Wake up normally around 9-11 am. This excludes school messing with the natural world of course, in which I'll go to bed slightly earlier and wake up earlier.

I DO NOT pull all nighters. fuck that. my rest is far more important than schoolwork. Even if I put it off and it will be late.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I take Ambien every night to make sure I get my sleep. I cannot function without it. My temper gets really short and my judgment suffers. I sleep at least 8 hours a night. I'm in bed by 11, asleep by 12, and up around 8, although sometimes I'll wake up a little earlier.

Sometimes even Ambien won't put me out, and I use melatonin on top of it.

Before pills, I was all over the place no matter how hard I tried.

H

Hate

I absolutely hate my sleeping pattern. It's one thing I wish I could change in my life. I have pretty bad insomnia. I'll usually fall to sleep around 4-5am in the morning and sleep for a few hours. Then after a few days of this pattern I'll crash for nearly half a day. This pattern usually repeats over and over.

It's a few days with 4-5 hours and then a day of crashing. The only remedy I have ever found for my insomnia has been weed. I get the best sleep when I smoke weed, but I don't smoke anymore.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I prefer to be a night owl, go to bed around 2-3 then wake around 10. When I was in grad school, my most productive hours working at home were from 10-3 during the night. Unfortunately, my job now requires me to get up by 6:30, so I usually make it to bed by 1-1:30, then sleep much longer stretches on the weekend.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Random. I think need more sleep than an average person though.

I just cannot pull all-nighters. I just CAN'T.

Trepidation

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't have a sleeping pattern, except that on weekdays I usually have to get up at 6:30. I mean, last night I woke up at nine... at night... so I've stayed up all night and hope to go to bed at nine this night so I can go to a mate's place tomorrow and not fall asleep in the middle of the day.

Although I've noticed that when I stop drinking coffee it's much, much easier to stick to a pattern. I actually find myself getting tired at night instead of going to bed because I know I need to.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel great if i get a solid four hours but thats pretty rare. When i do sleep i often wake regularly. Pattern changes though, have been through months of not wanting to get out of bed at all. So apart from the seasonal thing not much of a pattern.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I have to have 8-9 hours to function well. Nine is the magic number. I usually go to bed around 4 and get up around 1pm. I'm lucky that I teach night classes, so I don't have to keep normal office hours. I can function passably on 6 1/2 hours in a pinch, but I am a complete zombie with any less than that. I'm just miserable and cranky all day.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
The kids go to bed around 10 PM, but it usually takes them 30-60 minutes to fall asleep.

After that I start to wind down and usually go to sleep around 1AM (yay insomnia :tongue10:). I often get woke up by husband or dogs around 3 or 4 AM, then sleep until 7 AM when I get up to supervise getting the kids off to school. I usually take a 3 hour nap during the day.

I feel exhausted all the time. All the interrupted sleep is not good for me.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Mine is rather consistent in last time, and I don't have much trouble currently to fall into sleep, which wasn't always like that. Don't know what did change.

I go to sleep at around 00:00 +- 30 minutes and I wake up at around 09:00 +- 30 minutes usually. Since I need some longer time than most people to fall into sleep still (I cannot fall into sleep in 2 minutes like some other people, I need some reasonable time), it takes away some sleeping time again. Makes up around 8-9 hours sleep average, which is not bad I guess.

That will have to change soon though because my next semester starts next week, and on four days per week I have to wake up then earlier now. Will either sleep less or get to bed maybe a little earlier.

Lucas

MBTI Type
INTP
During the Week: 12pm-7am
On the Weekend: If I have a tournament 12pm-7am. If I have nothing, 1am-2pm

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I feel like I'm constantly changing sleep patterns. For a stretch of a couple months, I can't stop sleeping. I will sleep upwards of twelve hours EVERY NIGHT, and I will need to take a nap. I can't function.

But most of the year, in between these stretches, I can never sleep. I have difficulties falling asleep and rarely sleep through the night. Generally, I get about three to six hours of sleep. Six is a really good night, but I will nearly always wake up in the middle for a bit. I find that it's difficult for my mind to shut off and I can't stop thinking about everything, planning everything, or just feeling whatever it is I need to feel.

It seriously messes with my lifestyle.