User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I prefer to be a night owl, go to bed around 2-3 then wake around 10. When I was in grad school, my most productive hours working at home were from 10-3 during the night. Unfortunately, my job now requires me to get up by 6:30, so I usually make it to bed by 1-1:30, then sleep much longer stretches on the weekend.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Random. I think need more sleep than an average person though.

I just cannot pull all-nighters. I just CAN'T.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

I don't have a sleeping pattern, except that on weekdays I usually have to get up at 6:30. I mean, last night I woke up at nine... at night... so I've stayed up all night and hope to go to bed at nine this night so I can go to a mate's place tomorrow and not fall asleep in the middle of the day.

Although I've noticed that when I stop drinking coffee it's much, much easier to stick to a pattern. I actually find myself getting tired at night instead of going to bed because I know I need to.
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I feel great if i get a solid four hours but thats pretty rare. When i do sleep i often wake regularly. Pattern changes though, have been through months of not wanting to get out of bed at all. So apart from the seasonal thing not much of a pattern.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP

I have to have 8-9 hours to function well. Nine is the magic number. I usually go to bed around 4 and get up around 1pm. I'm lucky that I teach night classes, so I don't have to keep normal office hours. I can function passably on 6 1/2 hours in a pinch, but I am a complete zombie with any less than that. I'm just miserable and cranky all day.
    Something Witty

Banned

It's supposed to have a pattern?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

The kids go to bed around 10 PM, but it usually takes them 30-60 minutes to fall asleep.

After that I start to wind down and usually go to sleep around 1AM (yay insomnia ). I often get woke up by husband or dogs around 3 or 4 AM, then sleep until 7 AM when I get up to supervise getting the kids off to school. I usually take a 3 hour nap during the day.

I feel exhausted all the time. All the interrupted sleep is not good for me.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Mine is rather consistent in last time, and I don't have much trouble currently to fall into sleep, which wasn't always like that. Don't know what did change.

I go to sleep at around 00:00 +- 30 minutes and I wake up at around 09:00 +- 30 minutes usually. Since I need some longer time than most people to fall into sleep still (I cannot fall into sleep in 2 minutes like some other people, I need some reasonable time), it takes away some sleeping time again. Makes up around 8-9 hours sleep average, which is not bad I guess.

That will have to change soon though because my next semester starts next week, and on four days per week I have to wake up then earlier now. Will either sleep less or get to bed maybe a little earlier.

MBTI
    INTP

During the Week: 12pm-7am
    On the Weekend: If I have a tournament 12pm-7am. If I have nothing, 1am-2pm
    "Those are my principles and if you don't like them......well, I have others"

-Groucho Marx

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."

- Frederich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I feel like I'm constantly changing sleep patterns. For a stretch of a couple months, I can't stop sleeping. I will sleep upwards of twelve hours EVERY NIGHT, and I will need to take a nap. I can't function.

But most of the year, in between these stretches, I can never sleep. I have difficulties falling asleep and rarely sleep through the night. Generally, I get about three to six hours of sleep. Six is a really good night, but I will nearly always wake up in the middle for a bit. I find that it's difficult for my mind to shut off and I can't stop thinking about everything, planning everything, or just feeling whatever it is I need to feel.

It seriously messes with my lifestyle.