User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I only "speak" in my head when I'm reading a book. Then I have a narrator stuck in there, with different actors playing the roles of the people in the story. The narrator also reads poetry to me. Its voice sounds more melodious than mine.
    A lot of the time, the "voice" in my head is singing to me. Sometimes, it is joined by an alto, tenor, and bass (I'm a soprano so the voice in my head is also a soprano), and I hear (in my head) four-part harmony. Usually, it's unaccompanied, but sometimes, I hear instruments. Then I get the urge to sing out loud.
    Occasionally, I will perceive instrumental music in my head.
    I am an auditory thinker but not really a verbal thinker.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I carry on full conversations with myself in my head..... If I said stuff out loud people would think I was nuts...

Mostly it's my way of going over all possible scenarios and outcomes and trying to prepare for whatever could be thrown my way...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I do sometimes, especially when concentrating. Also, when alone, I talk out loud to myself a lot. Weird as this may be, sometimes when I'm alone I even half-heartedly act out/vocalize day dreams.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

ReflecTcelfeR

Nothing new here. I talk to myself, inside my mind, and outside if my mind is 'too crowded'. It helps me organize and focus on specific things. I am easily distracted by outside noises when I do this.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Indeed I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Pettycure View Post
    I started to say that I talk in my head, but then I realized that I only do this when I'm reading or composing what I'm going to say. The way I think involves talking in my head, but it's more than that. I think in movies. I don't think "I want a sandwich," I see myself in my head eating or making it. I can also hear what it will sound like when I chew, what it would feel like in my mouth and I will literally start to taste it on my tongue after a while. I get all 5 senses going on -- when I was little, my daydreams were so vivid that I would be startled when I'd get budged back into reality. When I'm projecting ahead to anticipate what a person will do, a dozen little movies will flicker by, all completely played out at once. Yes, I can "see" more than one thought at a time. My thought process isn't bogged down by this in the slightest -- I tend to think at light speed, like everything is on super-fast-forward. I like the way I think, when I'm preparing for something I feel as though I've done it already.

I relate to this too. I usually am seeing stuff like a movie and thinking words all at the same time. I guess my mind has a lot going on it.
    http://bohemianextrovert.wordpress.com/
    Please excuse the long drawn out ramble above.
    I have to hear what I've said before I know what I think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yes often but if you would translate head to real world 1:1 it would be more a huge mixture of words, pictures, sounds and numbers in my head for me.

That's why I have difficulties speaking in general and I am always mixing words and things up. Only intense focus on the words I want to say, meaning formulating the sentences in your head in advance, or taking time before you answer does help me to speak clearly.

Nevertheless conveying to others what I think about certain things, never really works 100%. I like to let my work speak for itself.
    Same here...I definitely have an inner dialogue, but my thoughts are not fully composed of these words. I also have images and sounds and vague atmospheric qualities going on in my thoughts. Snippets of verbal thought, full phrases, and entire paragraphs can accompany these. If I don't have a time delay to organize these into something comprehensible to others, then my speech can end up a bit jumbled.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I babble in my head, and there are lots of abstract shapes and textures floating around there. I speak in my head when I'm actually trying to focus my thoughts.
    I also begin to formulate structure to the inner dialogue when I am focusing my thoughts in preparation to communicate them to someone else.

I also will engage in a sort of devil's advocate thought process where I explain my feelings to myself through a verbal argument - it's a way to begin to convert those pre-verbal feeling images into something that can be compared to an external reality. I just do this for myself - to understand the world around me and that sort of thing. It also prepares me for any future scenario when I may need to explain these feeling-thoughts to someone else.
    I usually have some imaginary scenario going on where I need to explain these feeling-thoughts; so I am "talking" to some imaginary character in this scenario or maybe someone I really know is represented in my mind.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    iei

i ALWAYS have a little conversation/narration going inside my head- but it is accompanied by 'pictures' or whatever, too. like a little movie... ive never really thought about what other people 'see' or 'do' inside their heads. very interesting...
    I will buy you a drink and I'll tell you what I think, and tomorrow, in the morning, I won't be sorry that I didn't sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I do that too! Am I going crazy!? Reminds me, when I was a little kid I kept wondering if I am ok since I saw two pictures instead of one when I took anything really close to my eyes. I asked the grown-ups and they never explained it...

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I speak to myself out loud sometimes. I don't really 'speak' inside my head though.

Actually, I get made fun of in the lab for the way I speak to myself when I'm concentrating.
    "Alright Patches, 2mL of H2SO4 in the test tube....."
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~