User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default Don't like change

So I hated high school, absolutely couldn't stand the people their, the cliques I hated etc. Yet I didn't want to graduate, because I knew what it entailed. I didn't know what college would be like, so I had no interest in that, just stay in high school, even though I hated it, but I knew what it was I knew my place I knew the expectations.

anyone else hate change this much? to the point of even if your life is miserable you still don't want it to change, because you know what to expect?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I can relate to your sentiments concerning not wanting something to change because you're unsure of what to expect once you transition from one 'stage' of life to another. It's like you have to learn everything again which can be bothersome at times and you would rather just stick with what you know because it's a zone of comfort and familiarity.

On the other hand, I really liked high school but had I hated it I would have been more than glad to leave. If I dislike a situation or an environment I will actively try to change it - and if departing from the familiar is something that comes with it, then I would rather wade into unknown waters than stay with something I'm dissatisfied with.

I think change isn't something that should be feared per se but rather, it should be viewed as an opportunity. It's what you make of the opportunity and your angle of approach that matters. So even though you would rather not leave high school because you already know what to expect from it there are still aspects to it that you dislike. Think of graduation as a fresh start and an opportunity to remove yourself from an environment that you aren't too happy with. Sometimes it's necessary to break out of your zone of comfort if you want to find better things in life.
    The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. --A. Rand

MBTI
    yupp

dude I'm 23 well past highschool. I just used that as an example.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Oh no I got that (seeing as the first paragraph of your opening post was in past tense). I was trying to give an example using the example you gave to offer an alternative perspective to facing change
    The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. --A. Rand

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No. The unknown offers too much possibility - possibility to move closer to the ideal. What is known feels stagnant, and all of its flaws are glaringly clear. I get depressed and feel like numb zombie to be stuck in a rut like that. I am restless to move on and explore another avenue of life. Restlessness is much more of a problem for me than resistance to change.

I do sometimes have anxiety about other people's expectations when I am not familiar with those people though. I think this has to do with my Fe-tardation and remembering my past blunders & fearing a repeat showing. I guess that's my tert-Si rearing its ugly head.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I like change, but I also like to stay put. When things start to change I like the feeling of starting over again or seeing things I would not see in my past situation. Then the phase ends and things come to a relative stillness and I like that too because in midst of all the change I had not time to consider how my life changed and now I need to do that. Then the cycle starts again. It seems like either I am not moving at all, or I am flying. Here it is, here it is, here it is, BLINK, now it's there! I warp.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Your in a funky funk!
    When your in a funky funk options close, roads drawbridge and worlds collapse. And then your thoughts are climbing into that neurotoxin of neurotoxins self destruct. Please start taking iodine and magnesium supplements. But before you can even do that, you have to crawl out of your funky funk for the bridge shall narrow instead of widen. And the more it narrows the more you feel like you are walking on a tightrope, yes?

You do not hate change, what you hate is where you are, and where you are is unchanged! Its called base survival and when your in base survival you are simply going with those primal states. And then nothing else looks adjustable and feels indeed confining, tends to be blocked from the intentions of positive change but you can see every negative change possible, yes? Why try, why bother, why do anything that is, why put so much effort in resisting change, because your in your base survival state.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So I hated high school, absolutely couldn't stand the people their, the cliques I hated etc. Yet I didn't want to graduate, because I knew what it entailed. I didn't know what college would be like, so I had no interest in that, just stay in high school, even though I hated it, but I knew what it was I knew my place I knew the expectations.

anyone else hate change this much? to the point of even if your life is miserable you still don't want it to change, because you know what to expect?
    Can relate...

after awhile though the routine becomes really abrasive on your morale. Especially when you consider you only have until you die and then that is it (maybe around 70 years if you're lucky). Is it really worth being stuck in a loop for that long? I have only recently had the desire to renovate my life and built up years and years of repression and fixation, staying in a comfort zone so it's been hard to think any other way.

I still live at home (I am 20), I've been taking classes at a local community college and have had the same job since I was 17. It really never bothered me or struck me that I should have to move in a certain direction any time soon, but I began to notice all of my friends moving in outward directions like galactic matter while I felt like I wasn't really going anywhere in any real character-gaining respect, except gaining credit hours.

In my home my mom (who is on disability) and step-dad have developed very dull, cyclic lives, and I know both are unhappy with that and just drown it out with TV, family gossip, sports, drinking, and other what have you. I feel I've synced with that like it's some kind of contagion. Like a really low energy that pushes you in a gutter, and I've allowed that because I was too scared to take a leap or do the required efforts to leave. Life is easy but so unstimulating. Getting tired of it. Will be making an effort to transfer to another school and live on my own, which is a very big deal. The start might suck but hopefully I'll be more satisfied knowing I'm not sitting around rotting anymore.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Your in a funky funk!
    When your in a funky funk options close, roads drawbridge and worlds collapse. And then your thoughts are climbing into that neurotoxin of neurotoxins self destruct. Please start taking iodine and magnesium supplements. But before you can even do that, you have to crawl out of your funky funk for the bridge shall narrow instead of widen. And the more it narrows the more you feel like you are walking on a tightrope, yes?

You do not hate change, what you hate is where you are, and where you are is unchanged! Its called base survival and when your in base survival you are simply going with those primal states. And then nothing else looks adjustable and feels indeed confining, tends to be blocked from the intentions of positive change but you can see every negative change possible, yes? Why try, why bother, why do anything that is, why put so much effort in resisting change, because your in your base survival state.

Fi-Si loop

Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Fi-Si loop

Most likely.