ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Default Fe: Another AWESOME Theory!

Wow!

There are so many theories going around about Fe these days. For example:

No one is born with functioning Fe - cultural ideas about socially appropriate behaviour have to be internalised over time.
    I totally disagree with it.

What do YOU think about it?
    Last edited by Bellflower; 09-16-2010 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Removed irrelevant heckling, made it just about the question.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Is any of the functions functioning when you are born? Or maybe the functions might be working already but don't have parameters to work with. I don't think that Fe is unique in this sense...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Fe is not a function but F is and you are born with it according to theory. It's just another way of coming to a rational decision simply based on different parameters to logic and no it doesn't necessarily include making people happy or in fact any reference to social expectations.

You ever notice that a T will have more knowledge generally of principles and an F similarly with values. It's learned imho.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Wow!

There are so many theories going around about Fe these days. For example:

I totally disagree with it.

What do YOU think about it?
    Can you please this time make a sufficient argument so people take this thread serious?

It so easy to just make a 5 line thread and let others do the thinking for you. Put some effort in to it. This is what the forum is about, typology, so please make a sufficient thread so people can figure out if this is just baiting or a serious thread.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    Can you please this time make a sufficient argument so people take this thread serious?

It so easy to just make a 5 line thread and let others do the thinking for you. Put some effort in to it. This is what the forum is about, typology, so please make a sufficient thread so people can figure out if this is just baiting or a serious thread.
    You know some people let the listener do some work to understand the point right? In some countries it's par for the course.

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    You know some people let the listener do some work to understand the point right? In some countries it's par for the course.
    The problem here is that theres nothing to work with. Or am I missing something?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    The problem here is that theres nothing to work with. Or am I missing something?
    Well it's an extrovert asking your opinion. Possibly means they're looking for feedback and a discussion of the various aspects. Maybe even just for fun. It could be Wonka hasn't actually made a firm decision on the subject matter and wants to see how others react to it as some kind of test. Perhaps he's bored and just found it interesting? Perhaps he does want to provoke people to get more interesting discussions cause the dry stuff which many Ts fire off is too boring and prevalent here? Perhaps it's a mistake and he's not willing to take it back cause of pride? Perhaps he's just a complete wonka and should be ignored?

Who wants certainty? It only leads you to complacence and incompetence. Join the melee!!!!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

...So that guy thinks that Fe is an inborn sociological knowledge? That's not what Fe is at all. The "socially appropriate" thing I think is just having F and J preferences. F- being sensitive to other's feelings when it's funneled toward, well, people. J- planning ahead, mentally preparing before doing. So combine those two and viola! You have stereotypical Fe.

The F functions basically judge stuff based on importance to the individual. Fi is subjective, while Fe is the objective version of this. Fi is personalized; and with Ne or Se feeding it you get a personal value system that you judge things by based on experience and introspection (essentially). With Fe, they have Ni or Si with it. So they cover all of the (known) bases when making ethical decisions and judgments of importance; and apply this to all of the people involved. This could be seen as "society's rules" because they may see that this involves many, many people and not just the ones in the discussions.

That's how I see it at least. The people on this forum make me laugh sometimes.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Sniffles

Well I guess that takes the pressure off Fi for a while.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Is any of the functions functioning when you are born? Or maybe the functions might be working already but don't have parameters to work with. I don't think that Fe is unique in this sense...
    The bolded is the answer.