User Tag List

First 12

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    If so, what are they? Do you believe they will keep you healthy and happy?
    Where will you be in 5 years? In 10 years? What will be your occupation? If you aren't already, will you be married with kids? Will you be living in a house with a white picket fence or touring the world?
    Where do you set the marker for the success, and how will know when you have achieved it?
    Can you foresee any possible reasons why you might not accomplish your goals/dreams?
    How will you deal with it if you fail or your dreams are crushed?
    Gah... I'd rather not. Thinking about such things is... unnatural for me. I deal with thing when and as they arise. For the most part I just assume nothing unexpected, "interesting" will happen. I do make certain general guidelines, like I am going to college, but anything other then those incredibly general things I determine nothing about my future. I also have certain things I do and have done in the past that I don't see changing so I think that can be taken to be here in a couple of years time and determining my future. All in all, I have no idea what "the future" holds, don't particularly care/would rather not deal with managing it, and just generally think that if nothing changes significantly things will be ok and I will deal with things/problems as they arise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Only real goals I have is that I'd like be married and have kids by the time I'm 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    yupp

Ok here is what I want to do after I graduate college travel around the country (possibly-hopefully the world) and do documentary work all this time work on scripts then when I decide its time to settle down try getting an agent and submitting some of ideas to producers, and I think if I need money I'd like to teach college level classes at a small liberal arts college after I've settled down. But that's just a rough idea of what I'd like to do.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Nope

MBTI
    INTJ

Short term: I will probably get a job soon to help pass the time. Get closer to my physical, mental, and social goals. Make more money. Understand myself better and what motivates me, to avoid making stupid decisions. Attempt to find a career that suits me or choose one from my current list of options. Go on a sweet unplanned roadtrip around the U.S. Travel to Europe.

Long term: I would like to own a castle at some point and make a monument so amazing that God says, "Damn! Why didn't I think of that?" <- probably not in the cards, though. I want to be financially secure (and free) enough that I can spend my time enjoying the company of my friends and family and make sure that they are well looked after. I have some other goals that I'd rather not post, too.

Where will you be in 5 years? In 10 years? What will be your occupation? If you aren't already, will you be married with kids? Will you be living in a house with a white picket fence or touring the world?
    I have no idea. Hopefully somewhere good, doing something I enjoy. I would like to get married and have kids, but I really wouldn't wish the life I plan on living on anyone, so maybe not...we'll see. More likely touring the world than living in a house with a white picket fence.

Where do you set the marker for the success, and how will know when you have achieved it?
    The marker is above where ever I currently am. I won't.

Can you foresee any possible reasons why you might not accomplish your goals/dreams?
    How will you deal with it if you fail or your dreams are crushed?
    Yes, of course. I will make new goals or die trying...whichever comes first. Either one, really, is fine.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't really have any goals or dreams. I just want to be me, and latch onto opportunities when they come my way, and also continue to learn more about myself and others, and grow. So that's probably my general goal - just to continue learning, and make the most of my life. [plus I don't think I'm fully in charge of it anyway - there are too many other influences - loved ones, friends, other random people, things totally out of my control, etc]

Part of my lack of goals is that I don't necessarily believe what I currently want out of life is what I'm going to want or find important in 15 years. This isn't to say I don't do anything in the here and now..because I DO follow what I want in the here and now, so I do some short-term goals and I'm always thinking about my life in general and what I want it to be like. I can't NOT think about my life and whether it's acceptable to me and whether I need to make changes - that's just what I do - I'm always pondering my life and trying to figure out what my next step will be. [Because I always need a 'next step' - not knowing my next step is very unsettling for me...it's my 'in limbo' feeling that I get every yr or two.] And I do make changes if they are needed.

But long term goals...I don't think that would be that healthy for me. For example, I don't want to make a 'goal' of being married within 10 years...because frankly I don't think that CAN be a goal. If meeting someone and falling in love is something that's dealt to me, great. I certainly won't complain!! And it's not like I'm totally apathetic and don't do anything to try to bring these sorts of things about....but rather, I really don't want to bank my whole existance and happiness on something that very well might not happen. Because I know it's quite possible it might not - and I have to be O.K. with that. And that goes for other things too. I'm also starting to notice with myself that I do and have gone through little 'stages' - so I already know that who I am right this minute probably isn't going to be who I am in 20 years...in terms of interests/motivations and what I want to pursue in life, etc. I've already seen this in the shortterm - that 5 yrs ago I had some different perspectives on things than I do today - so I have every reason to believe this might continue to shift over time. :-)

Well, I sure hope I don't have a white picket fence. As for 'success', I've never been out to prove things to other people, or 'establish' myself in society or in my job. So 'success' for me would be on a personal level - am *I* happy with my life and who I am? Am I living my life in a way that I find meaningful? Am I making the most out of my life? Am I happy and at peace? That would be success in my book.

Oh, and as for specific things I want to do before I die - that's in the Wish List in the Bonfire thread. There's LOTS I really want to see and do, so don't get me wrong (I think life is too short!! eek!!)..but I wouldn't call them 'goals' per se. My sense of self isn't fully dependent on fulfulling ALL of them. Just many of them!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ