User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 207

  1. #61
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Not sure about that...

    I see it this way,
    T truth = facts
    F truth = opinion

    So,
    Fi = personal opinion
    Fe = public opinion
    Oh hell no. You don't think that Ti and Te have "opinions"? Te I personally trust more (though I would, given my function preferences) because it can be tested empirically...but it's still open to interpretation, and Ti definitely can be full of opinion and speculation because while the internal logic process can be correct, if it's based around a false idea the entire theory falls apart, no matter how clear the logic pattern is made.

    I tend to categorize Te and Se as "objective truth" but there's always room for interpretation.

    Fi = personal ethics, morality, aesthetics
    Fe = communal ethics, for the good of the group morality

  2. #62
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well i think it's interesting too...it's like kids blurting out exactly what's on their mind or having a tantrum when they're upset. they have not yet learned to adjust their behavior to make others feel better...it's total honesty and i love it....sometimes i wanna have a tantrum too and it's just not allowed at my age...kinda not fair.
    You should have a tantrum sometime. It's freeing. Just not in public.

    And with your tert Te, you should have no problem with blurting out the truth.

  3. #63
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by William K View Post
    Not sure about that...

    I see it this way,
    T truth = facts
    F truth = opinion

    So,
    Fi = personal opinion
    Fe = public opinion
    No no no...

    There is no such thing as F truth.



    I guarantee someone is going to misunderstand what I mean by that, so let me be clear. F types MUST use a T function to make a truth judgment. Just like T types MUST use an F function to make a value judgment. Everyone uses T and F all the time. Whether you're a T or an F has to do with your conscious narrative -- it doesn't restrict your access to certain functions.

  4. #64
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    As for the OPs original idea, I think that Fe vs. Te are in much more conflict than Ti and Fe. Te tends to be more blunt, Fe more diplomatic.

    Your theory doesn't make a bit of sense, anyway, when we regard the fact that all people with Ti have Fe and all people with Te have Fi. That means those two functions go together because you get your logic outward/ethics inward or logic inward/ethics outward. It's one of the easiest way to settle on an MBTI type, probably, because one or the other will seem more right to you, and the other may seem preposterous.

    Also, ExTPs support their auxillary Ti with tert Fe, and IxFJs support their auxillary Fe with tert Ti, so your application specifically to IxTPs regarding this theory seems more than a bit self-serving. Good logic, bad original idea. Ti fail.

  5. #65
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    As for the OPs original idea, I think that Fe vs. Te are in much more conflict than Ti and Fe. Te tends to be more blunt, Fe more diplomatic.
    Ha. As a TP in a relationship with an FP, I beg to differ!

  6. #66
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Ha. As a TP in a relationship with an FP, I beg to differ!
    But if your Fe is inferior, and your partner's Te is inferior, it's going to be much less of an issue than if both of the functions were at least tertiary.

  7. #67
    Uniqueorn William K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    No no no...

    There is no such thing as F truth.



    I guarantee someone is going to misunderstand what I mean by that, so let me be clear. F types MUST use a T function to make a truth judgment. Just like T types MUST use an F function to make a value judgment. Everyone uses T and F all the time. Whether you're a T or an F has to do with your conscious narrative -- it doesn't restrict your access to certain functions.
    Well, it was a poor choice of word then. Agree that it's not an either/or thing in people. But are we talking about people or functions here?

    T judgment is a judgment based on facts. But that doesn't mean that an F judgment doesn't use facts at all. It's just that it interprets the facts subjectively, hence the output tends to be in the form of an opinion. Or am I totally out of whack here?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

    appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

    I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

    The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

  8. #68
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    But if your Fe is inferior, and your partner's Te is inferior, it's going to be much less of an issue than if both of the functions were at least tertiary.
    The real problem I see is actually my Fe and her Fi.

    We're both good with logic (she's gotta be at least 95th percentile, and, well, I'm higher than that).


    Anyway, I constantly check who is around and what's going on because I think it would be irresponsible to make a value judgment without all of that information. Whereas she sees that as me wasting time, and wonders why I need so much data to agree or disagree with a value.

    P.S. my first post wasn't really that serious.

  9. #69
    Uniqueorn William K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    986

    Default

    I'm surprised that we have 7 pages in the thread and no one has said "The truth? You can't handle the truth!" yet
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

    appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

    I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

    The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

  10. #70
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    :rolli: LOL

    No. I disagree.

    Highly subjective interpretation ya got there.




    Yes. I agree.
    Hmmmm. What do you see it being? Just curious.

Similar Threads

  1. The Varieties of Truth
    By Nicodemus in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 12-05-2017, 07:24 AM
  2. Replies: 373
    Last Post: 11-27-2017, 06:05 PM
  3. [Enne] Which type is the opposite of the Type 5?
    By The Unknown Essence in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
  4. The opposite of a grudge
    By Cimarron in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
  5. The Opposite of Meditation.
    By ReflecTcelfeR in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO