User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 207

  1. #41
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    The thought occurred to me whilst watching The Invention of Lying.
    I thought the movie hinged more on the Te / Fe dynamic.

    What do you think?

    My husband is Te dom and when we watched the movie he thought it was hilarious, because he often does say just what's on his mind, sans filters.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  2. #42
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Ti is more about finding what people are true to internally, its about finding subjective "truths".
    Nope. That's Fi.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I thought the movie hinged more on the Te / Fe dynamic.

    What do you think?

    My husband is Te dom and when we watched the movie he thought it was hilarious, because he often does say just what's on his mind, sans filters.
    Possibly. Definitely an interesting exploration of T v F values, anyway. Did you not find it amusing?
    I can enjoy that cringe-inducing socially inappropriate humour that Gervais does so well. But I can only take so much of it.

    ----
    ETA
    I've now come up with 5 refutations of my own argument.
    It's less fun when I have to argue with myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  3. #43
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Ti is the “Truth” function, right? So is Fe the lying function?

    Discuss.
    This is actually probably more accurate than it may seem at first glance. Fe users often act in a "fake" manner in order to accommodate others, or manipulate others' feelings to their own ends -- or else are simply not true to their own feelings and values because they don't understand them. My friend's ENTP ex-girlfriend (who has serious anger management issues) has this problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  4. #44
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Interesting that you edited your quote to exclude all the provocation and then try to justify yourself with that yawn-inducing obnoxious pomposity, descending into yet more abuse. Is Jaguar a 'fraidy cat? You can't help poking people with a stick, can you? Even after your recent ban. I feel sorry for you. The bizarre thing is, you're deluded enough to believe that you actually have some moral authority to attack people in the malicious and unprovoked way that you do. If you were even an interesting / funny troll, I might want to play with you, but you're predictable and boring. *sigh* 1/10
    Now you resort to lying about my post. It figures.
    Here's your own post:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...11-post34.html

    Anyone can see the part of my post you quoted and called an "insult" is the exact same sentence I used in my following post which is this:

    That's when you know you've struck gold: the one-sided personality isn't blinking in your face like a neon light.
    Really Blue, at this point it's impossible to take you seriously.
    What's next from you - calling the statement, the grass is green, "abuse"?
    I've seen you pull this same cheap tactic on Night, many times.
    If you can't take people disagreeing with your posts, then it's probably best if you don't start threads.

  5. #45
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Now you resort to lying about my post. It figures.
    Here's your own post:

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...11-post34.html

    Anyone can see the part of my post you quoted and called an "insult" is the exact same sentence I used in my following post which is this:

    Really Blue, at this point it's impossible to take you seriously.
    What's next from you - calling the statement, the grass is green, "abuse"?
    I've seen you pull this same cheap tactic on Night, many times.
    If you can't take people disagreeing with your posts, then it's probably best if you don't start threads.
    And I've seen you pull this shit innumerable times. But bullies don't intimidate me, Jag. You should know better by now.

    I quoted the bit I was referring to for context. Which wasn't the most inflammatory part. I don't tend to quote insults because it lends them a credence they don't deserve. Damn, are you really that dense, or are you just determined to derail the thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #46
    Plumage and Moult proteanmix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    5,514

    Default

    MLF, it seems to me that you're setting up a false dichotomy and either/or situation (Ti=Truth/Fe=Lying).

    I could easily do the same thing like this:

    Fe=Benevolence, Charity
    Ti= Malevolence, Rancor

    Fe=Civil
    Ti=Boorish

    Fe=Prosocial
    Ti=Antisocial

    I could go on and on.

    As a Fe-dom I don't feel that my Ti opposes my Fe, it more often seems to temper and balance my Fe, especially when I get into the analytics of interpersonal relationships. It shades and nuances the broad strokes Fe tends to make. I agree both can't be dominate; one mode will have to be subordinate to another, but they are not incompatible.

    ETA: If there is no integration of attitudes (which is what Jag was getting at with individuation of functions) then of course they will seem irreconcilable to each other.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Nope. That's Fi.
    Nope, Ti is just not as direct. Especially when you combine it with Se.
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #48
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    And I've seen you pull this shit innumerable times. But bullies don't intimidate me, Jag. You should know better by now.

    I quoted the bit I was referring to for context. Which wasn't the most inflammatory part. I don't tend to quote insults because it lends them a credence they don't deserve. Damn, are you really that dense, or are you just determined to derail the thread?
    Derail a thread with my on-topic posts? Oh, that's "original."
    You're derailing your own thead by refusing to acknowledge Fe working in a compensatory manner with Ti.
    And the reason you refuse to acknowledge it and have now resorted to attacking me personally, is so you can sing:
    "Ohhhhh woe to the Dom Ti's who are forced to live in an Fe society."

    You know, Blue, we went through this same nonsense in another thread where a member refused to take personal responsibility for their own issues and blamed all her problems on Fe. This is getting really old, really fast. It is becoming quite obvious why some people are in this forum - to use jungian functions as a scapegoat for all that ails them.

  9. #49
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    This is actually probably more accurate than it may seem at first glance. Fe users often act in a "fake" manner in order to accommodate others, or manipulate others' feelings to their own ends -- or else are simply not true to their own feelings and values because they don't understand them. My friend's ENTP ex-girlfriend (who has serious anger management issues) has this problem.
    I'd prefer we stay away from words like "fake." In the end, it comes down to motivations, not necessarily the behavior itself... just as bad as saying Fi users are "selfish."

    If you need to add a universal label like "fake" in this sort of context, that is as much a product of your preferences as well as the person whose behavior you're labelling as fake.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  10. #50
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    This is getting really old, really fast. It is becoming quite obvious why some people are in this forum - to use jungian functions as a scapegoat for all that ails them.
    Speaking generally and not about the OP, this is a pretty terrible trend. Inferior and shadow functions are seen as "the other," and a sickening confirmation bias.. well, confirms it

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'd prefer we stay away from words like "fake." In the end, it comes down to motivations, not necessarily the behavior itself... just as bad as saying Fi users are "selfish."
    It can be difficult to come up with good terminology when dealing with this stuff. "No, feeling isn't.. feeling, and intuition isn't really intuition." What?

    I guess putting terms like "fake" in quotes is about the best we can do--we approximate the concept of what 'fake' is, but.. not really.

Similar Threads

  1. The Varieties of Truth
    By Nicodemus in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 235
    Last Post: 12-05-2017, 07:24 AM
  2. Replies: 373
    Last Post: 11-27-2017, 06:05 PM
  3. [Enne] Which type is the opposite of the Type 5?
    By The Unknown Essence in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
  4. The opposite of a grudge
    By Cimarron in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM
  5. The Opposite of Meditation.
    By ReflecTcelfeR in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 09:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO