User Tag List

First 91718192021 Last

My buddy's girlfriend is only partially pregnant. He's relieved she's not completely pregnant.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Morgan:

An example. What if I said that 2+2= 10. This statement is obviously false. If I say that this is true, the lie that I generated, when analyzed, would reveal the truth. This works when someone knows the answer is false, but the other knows what should be considered true and what shouldn't, but doesn't know directly that this answer is false. They have to analyze why the lie is a lie thus showing the truth. Does that explain it better? The analyzation aspect is the Ti. Going through logically and discerning why 2+2=/=10.
    If I were another type I would question why you dont know what 2+2 is. Oh thats right your smart I shouldnt question that
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Morgan:

An example. What if I said that 2+2= 10. This statement is obviously false. If I say that this is true, the lie that I generated, when analyzed, would reveal the truth. This works when someone knows the answer is false, but the other knows what should be considered true and what shouldn't, but doesn't know directly that this answer is false. They have to analyze why the lie is a lie thus showing the truth. Does that explain it better? The analyzation aspect is the Ti. Going through logically and discerning why 2+2=/=10.
    I'm sorry, I still don't get it. Why would you say something that is obviously false?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

ReflecTcelfeR

It was part of the example. I suppose it could be used as a method of teaching. The teacher knows why 2+2=/=10, but the student may not and so in order to get the student to think about why this isn't true they would have analyze it. The goal of the lie was to ultimately get towards the truth that 2+2=4 and not 10. He made a false statement in order to get there. This may also be perceived as Fe, but I wouldn't think so because their isn't a social dynamic just a logical one, but apparently my definitions of this system are still flawed.

Poki- Sarcasm?

Jag- Thank god! Otherwise he'd have to be a full-time parent. Now he only has to worry about part of a child.

MBTI
    STP

It was part of the example. I suppose it could be used as a method of teaching. The teacher knows why 2+2=/=10, but the student may not and so in order to get the student to think about why this isn't true they would have analyze it. The goal of the lie was to ultimately get towards the truth that 2+2=4 and not 10. He made a false statement in order to get there. This may also be perceived as Fe, but I wouldn't think so because their isn't a social dynamic just a logical one, but apparently my definitions of this system are still flawed.

Poki- Sarcasm?

Jag- Thank god! Otherwise he'd have to be a full-time parent. Now he only has to worry about part of a child.
    Yeah, I cant follow your train of thought like Jag did. I actually thought he was telling the truth until I put pencil to paper and realized "wait...how do you become half pregnant" All I came up with is that my wife was full pregnant so his buddy must be half the man I am.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

People teach math in this way?

This is not a good example. If the teacher is (implicitly or explicitly) trying to get the student to an understanding of the truth of 2+2=4, then no deceit, and therefore, no lie is involved.
    That's not to say that Fe isn't involved. But let's not make this any muddier than it has to be.

ReflecTcelfeR

I was trying to find a way that a Ti could be a motivator. Obviously it's not easy to do.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I was trying to find a way that a Ti could be a motivator. Obviously it's not easy to do.
    Why else do you think we're all nihilists?

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Yeah, I cant follow your train of thought like Jag did. I actually thought he was telling the truth until I put pencil to paper and realized "wait...how do you become half pregnant" All I came up with is that my wife was full pregnant so his buddy must be half the man I am.
    You crack the shit out of me, bro. *still laughing*

ReflecTcelfeR

Destroying preconceived notions is quite difficult. Someone has to do it though!