5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Functions don't lie, people do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    People lie. Functions do not.
    LOL.

Seems we haven't made much progress...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I haven't read the thread but I've thought of something similar. Fe seeks harmony. Fe acts upon it's environment and rearranges it to create harmony. It knocks on your door and gives you a welcome to the neighborhood and brings a (fake.....loool jk :B) cake with it.

It's a lot more "ends justify the means" than any introverted judging function, much like Te.

Still the truth is subjective and clouded by perception. And also by how you judge the world. And Fe is a judging function.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Morgan Le Fay--

You FAILED the moment you started this thread, and NO, I will not waste my precious time pointing out why.
    Okay. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    WTF is everyone all worked up about?
    Reading between the lines, there was a bit of a slanging match on Vent inspired by my thread.

(also, you know, Fs )
    Last edited by proteanmix; 09-14-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: removed insult
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Their tongues.
    Clever, but incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I haven't read the thread but I've thought of something similar. Fe seeks harmony. Fe acts upon it's environment and rearranges it to create harmony. It knocks on your door and gives you a welcome to the neighborhood and brings a (fake.....loool jk :B) cake with it.

It's a lot more "ends justify the means" than any introverted judging function, much like Te.

Still the truth is subjective and clouded by perception. And also by how you judge the world. And Fe is a judging function.
    Hm, then I would think we should try and find the false judgements that each function can make to see where the truth lies (ha!).

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Clever, but incomplete.
    There are a plethora of things people use to lie. In fact, all that is thought of can be used to lie. Pretty extensive, huh?

ReflecTcelfeR

Since it is so extensive it can include my possibility too!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Lying = telling someone something you know to be untrue, with the intent to deceive.
    A lie is a deliberate untruth. As you say, a lie itself is not necessarily immoral. A lie can contribute to what constitutes the greater good, thus the act of lying itself is not morally illogical either. A lie just is.

It follows that there is also nothing intrinsically good about telling the truth. The fact that most of us don’t want to be deceived, makes us call lying “immoral”.
    It's the intent of the lie, the reason for the lie, that makes lying a potentially immoral act.

But, since the word lying itself has a negative connotation, now the emotional tone of the thread is indeed caught up in that provocative dynamic, making people feel angry and confrontational.

Perhaps saying that if Ti is truth, Fe untruth would have been a better oppositional pair to argue from, less charged with emotion? Get you more of the result you are looking for? Even as I type that though, I don't like how it looks either.

I would say that each function has its own truth and blind-spot, which is why in reality none of them are expressed in isolation of each other, and why we weigh pros and cons based on our own cognitive vantage points.

I don't think it's possible to look at a pure distillation of each function IRL since they are blended together so homogeneously.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Since it is so extensive it can include my possibility too!
    Ok, but not in the same sense. Using functions to lie would mean that you are lying about functional theory.

ReflecTcelfeR

No, it would prove that the theory existed because you used the functions in the theory to lie.