User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Default Acting based on feelings etc.

In tests (even which kind of hot chocolate (not coffee!) cup are you), there's always questions like "Do you trust reason or feelings", "your actions are influenced by your emotions", ect.

But what does it means exactly? I have no idea if I trust my reason or my feelings. xD

Does anyone have examples or something?

Thank you
    Last edited by fidelia; 09-13-2010 at 01:27 AM.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    In tests (even wich kind of hot chocolate (not coffee!) cup are you), there's always questions like "Do you trust reason or feelings", "your actions are influenced by your emotions", ect.

But what does it means exactly? I have no idea if I trust my reason or my feelings. xD

Does anyone have examples or something?

Thank you
    I always trust reason above all, but my actions are sometimes influenced by my feelings as well as my values (related to MBTI feeling function, which is not the same as emotions). I see reason as a process, and feelings and values just some among the many inputs to that process. I trust that, if I follow a rational process in analyzing these various and sometimes conflicting inputs, I will make the best decision for me in the circumstance.

MBTI
    ISFJ

It's a weird and simplistic question. My reasoning are my feelings and vice versa. At least when it comes to dealing with people in everyday life.

Feeling is not emotions exactly. It trickles down to even small, fairly unemotional choices in life. If I was grocery shopping, and needed deodorant, I would find myself gazing upon dozens of different brands, unsure and overwhelmed (there really shouldn't be that much deodorant, should there?). I would make one logically oriented choice to limit my options: Anti-perspirant is better than plain deodorant. I don't see the point of plain deodorant if it doesn't prevent sweating. Now it's all about aesthetics. The Fi area. If I was a T, I probably would be paying attention to price, or taking some other objective factor into the equation. Me? This is where I start wondering if I feel like having the essense of an "Irish Breeze" or an "Artic Blast" under my armpits. Which one reflects.. my sense of lifestyle somehow? The whole Irish thing is cool, but I'm not sure if I could play that "role" for too long. And Artic Blast.. I start realizing that I've never wished for that anyways. I don't know what demographic that is appealing to. People weirder than me. But then, I see Old Spice. Just the name itself, and the packaging, signifies a little more refinement. In a funny way, it appeals to feelings I have. Close enough. Logically, I know they're all the same, but Fi has a sort of tug to make a value oriented choice. And....of course, it's about ethics and other issues with deeper consequences, but deodorant is serious business.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Those tests confuse emotion with feeling, which in the MBTI sense is a form of rational reasoning that is focused on meaning and significance over dry logic.
    Feelers often seem more emotional because emotions are useful signals to Feelers in determining what is important to them personally. With thinking, emotions play less of a role, but that does not mean the Thinking person is not influenced by emotion.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Yeah.. take the F artist. Do people really think they are making the smallest decisions (down to the mix in the palette or what brush strokes they feel like using) strictly on emotion? Feeling is slightly different. If it was just emotion, they probably couldn't operate.