User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Weird awareness

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I might experience the same thing, not quite sure. I think of it as a cognitive loop -- I for a moment become detached from the normal sign/signifier relationships we take for granted in communication. It's like an "everything is arbitrary" loop.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    iei

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I experience this strange awareness often and for as long as I can remember. Its as though life moves with a certain momentum, then suddenly all the dynamics drop and you are just left with a single product. Things look sharper and you view things for what they really are. Actually I like these moments most the time. Though they are also a bit of a problem in my perception of humanity. Say this happens when I am in observation of people mode. I see them almost "acting" out life. Their quirks and subtle motivations become "loud." It takes some of the magic away in interacting with others.
    happens to me all the time, like you can just see through all the bullshit and wonder why the hell everyone is trying so hard. and i do the 'recorded moment' thing- i can still recall random moments from when i was, like, three. but they arent anything poignant. i sort of wish i could channel it to some good use, but its just a Weird Thing that happens instead.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'd say I have felt something similiar to that. Everything goes into proportion. It's weird. Things seem smaller, I feel distant and I have the strange realization that I actually exist. Not why I exist, but just the fact that I do and I begin to wonder how. Very weird. Perhaps this is just me though.

MBTI
    EPIC

Nah, the existing thing is for me as well. It reminds me of waking up from the Matrix. Not that I've ever woken up from the Matrix to be able to tell what it is like, but what I'd imagine it would be like.

I've done it while driving on the freeway. Not a good idea. If the traffic suddenly changed, I might not be ready to react.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Is that because you think you're FAT? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole milk if you wanted to."

Music listening habits

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Idec Sdawkminn View Post
    I've done it while driving on the freeway. Not a good idea.
    You should have listened to Morpheus. Freeway is a suicide.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Maybe this happens to me. I get a similar feeling when my internal dialog turns off. I stop interacting with the world with an intermediary and experience it directly. Everything becomes more real. I wish I could feel that way all the time. Last time it happened to me I wondered if this is what an S feels like all the time. But, if you have that mode as well, I guess not.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sounds like when I have sex in the mirror.
    Oh, its
    You

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

I do the same thing (at least I think it's the same thing) except it's involuntary for me. Usually I will start to think im in a dream or start asking myself really odd questions.. and I will feel almost lifted from reality though im taking everything in. It only lasts about 3 seconds for me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

You ask yourself odd questions during sex?
    Oh, its
    You