• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Male or female?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Other than that, no, I can't invent anything. I've frequently had scores of 97-99% masculinity on some tests. What I'm saying that I don't hide the 1-3%.

Edit: I don't think I emote anything like that IRL. I think I'm otherwise just about as masculine as the average plumber or lumberjack, just inclined to less feet-on-the-ground and more far-fetched stuff than them..

There's a test for how masculine you are? This be objectively determined through a written test?

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Gromit, I also thought you were a dude. The avatar is food, and everyone's into that, and your name sounds manly.

Hey y'all -- what am I?

And Coriolis, are you going to drop the bomb or what? I kept reading out of sheer curiosity.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nietzsche: "I am not a man, I am dynamite!"

RaptorWizard: "I am not God, I am the Big Bang!"

Seriously folks people like what me and nietzche just said can claim to not be a certain type of male figure yet regardless not be any type of female figure either though my gender should be just as obvious as the quote, "I think. Therefore I am" in a full and complete clarity as bright as the light of the sunshine as it illuminates our consciousness and breathes into our bodies the spark of life.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nietzsche: "I am not a man, I am dynamite!"

RaptorWizard: "I am not God, I am the Big Bang!"

Seriously folks people like what me and nietzche just said can claim to not be a certain type of male figure yet regardless not be any type of female figure either though my gender should be just as obvious as the quote, "I think. Therefore I am" in a full and complete clarity as bright as the light of the sunshine as it illuminates our consciousness and breathes into our bodies the spark of life.
Your gender is obvious only because you have posted pictures (assuming they really were you).

What brings on this thread necromancy???

Mole

Permabanned
Mbti is nothing if not inter-subjective.

And the subjects can be female-female, male-male, female-male or any combination.

So the extraordinary thing is that we share our subjectivity regardless of gender.

Surely this is the most exciting thing that ignites our conversation.

Last edited:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I was reading some of your posts and you seemed like a rather interesting character so I reviewed your thread posting history a bit and found this funny conversation.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Another member asked me once, was I male or female. I realized I never did answer. Before doing so, I'd like to see what people think.

More to the point, in the absence of obvious clues or self-identification, what causes you to think a member is male or female, just from their writing? Is content or style more telling? To what degree are you influenced by type or profession/major, if stated? Are your guesses usually correct?

I'll say male.

For me, the more detached and formal someone is, the more likely I am to think they are male.

But if they're also relatively belligerent/condescending, I find that they can be female, too.

Usually, I don't try and figure out someone's gender if I don't have a certainty of what they are in my head. I just kind of leave it floating in space. I usually get that certainty, though, from content, writing styles, avatar selection, and sometimes profession. Less so with the latter, though, since people around here don't always conform to professional stereotypes.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im going to go with my gut and say male.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not a mystery. It's a she.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought coriolis was a guy.

I'm somewhat influenced by avatars which I realize is ridiculous, and I'm often wrong about genders. Communication style can also play a role, but that isn't always that revealing.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Strange. It was always blatently obvious to me.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your gender is obvious only because you have posted pictures (assuming they really were you).

[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] can't help it. He pretends to be a god but all he can do is engage in false acts of creation by resurrecting the dead.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15371]RaptorWizard[/MENTION] can't help it. He pretends to be a god but all he can do is engage in false acts of creation by resurrecting the dead.
:dead2:
:jesus:
:voodoo:
LOL_RAPTOR_JESUS_by_Devious_Derek.jpg

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S

Society

What exactly would that be???
any of the assortment of gender-breaking medical conditions? :shrug:

at the time we haven't really encountered each other in the same discussions yet, and i wasn't quite up for a full blown investigation, so all i worked with was local data: the existence of this thread, which suggested that the answer was somehow interesting - meaning either defying bias & expectations, or somehow unusual.

- since you are an INTJ, the rarest among females, the bias would be male, so contrary to it would be female.
- if it was the unusual option, it would normally be C. both A & B are correct/incorrect, a.k.a. something in the middle.

thus: female or something in the middle.

since then i've pretty much gotten used to thinking of you as female, so i'm not sure if my answer would be different based on your posts, since i already read them in that light... i'm not sure to what extent it influences me, intellectually i know that the male/female brain structure differences are actually about as accurate as the T/F bias (around 30-40% of each gender has the other gender's brain structure, so it doesn't make sense to me to define it by gender in the first place), but in all likelihood on some subconscious/instinctual levels it probably does (i would wager that without noticing it, i tend to be more competitive with other males and more cooperative with females, though i do know i do both with both, so that's not a 100% either).

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
since then i've pretty much gotten used to thinking of you as female, so i'm not sure if my answer would be different based on your posts, since i already read them in that light... i'm not sure to what extent it influences me, intellectually i know that the male/female brain structure differences are actually about as accurate as the T/F bias (around 30-40% of each gender has the other gender's brain structure, so it doesn't make sense to me to define it by gender in the first place), but in all likelihood on some subconscious/instinctual levels it probably does (i would wager that without noticing it, i tend to be more competitive with other males and more cooperative with females, though i do know i do both with both, so that's not a 100% either).
Overall, an interesting and relatively sound analysis. My own perspective is much in keeping with the highlighted, to which I have alluded on many threads. In starting this thread to begin with, I was partly motivated by how much importance most people seem to place on gender, relative to how little I place on it myself. Yes, I realized just my posing the question had implications for the answer, which is why I stated the thread should focus not so much on me (though fine to use me as an example), but on the overall idea of how we assign gender in the absence of the usual cues. I discontinued posting here for that reason, and pursued the question through other methods.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought coriolis was a guy.

I'm somewhat influenced by avatars which I realize is ridiculous, and I'm often wrong about genders. Communication style can also play a role, but that isn't always that revealing.

I think that's what I do - look at avatars and communication style.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that's what I do - look at avatars and communication style.
What information do you gain from communication style? In other words, which characteristics do you tend to associate with men vs. women? This was a significant part of my OP question.