Thread: Male or female?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What information do you gain from communication style? In other words, which characteristics do you tend to associate with men vs. women? This was a significant part of my OP question.
    I don't know really. Just take in the input and come to a conclusion.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I don't think I'm an accurate guesser, especially when it comes to sensitive or "feminine" guys and androgynous or cold/dry girls. The signals I pick up for male/female are easily mistaken, especially when people are less gender stereotyped, which I think is a good thing. I don't believe in a gender dichotomy.

I've observed some particular patterns in the way men tend to talk about their ideas compared to women, but nothing definite, and it's hard to describe particular examples. Something about the amount of pronouns, sentence flow, specificity....

I'd guess, from my short time here, that you're male. That's my first impression, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to be wrong. I'm glad that gender =/= personality or behaviour.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Derpravity View Post
    I've observed some particular patterns in the way men tend to talk about their ideas compared to women, but nothing definite, and it's hard to describe particular examples. Something about the amount of pronouns, sentence flow, specificity....

I'd guess, from my short time here, that you're male. That's my first impression, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to be wrong. I'm glad that gender =/= personality or behaviour.
    I agree. I would be interested in any observations you are willing to share.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I agree. I would be interested in any observations you are willing to share.
    Well, women seem to be a little more cautious in making their intentions clear, often using a few more words than necessary and qualifying their statements (I'm obviously prone to this). Men are often more bold in stating themselves exactly and minimally. That's the most clearcut trend I can think of.

Then there's something about the choice of when to use pronouns rather than more specific nouns; this is kind of complicated and I pick it up less consciously, so I can't really describe the difference.
    Rational idealist. Ethical hedonist. Secular humanist. Libertarian centrist. Lawful neutral. Melancholic. Medicated Bipolar I. Cat person. Kuudere. Dark magical girl. Slytherin. Alcoholic milkshake enthusiast.
    Johari | Nohari

The dream to awaken our world.