User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: Male or female?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I thought coriolis was a guy.

I'm somewhat influenced by avatars which I realize is ridiculous, and I'm often wrong about genders. Communication style can also play a role, but that isn't always that revealing.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I'm not Trunks

Women

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Strange. It was always blatently obvious to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Your gender is obvious only because you have posted pictures (assuming they really were you).

What brings on this thread necromancy???
    @RaptorWizard can't help it. He pretends to be a god but all he can do is engage in false acts of creation by resurrecting the dead.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    @RaptorWizard can't help it. He pretends to be a god but all he can do is engage in false acts of creation by resurrecting the dead.
    :dead2:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    I am betting on female or something in the middle.
    What exactly would that be???

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's not a mystery. It's a she.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Strange. It was always blatently obvious to me.
    In the two years since I started this thread, I have confirmed my gender with a number of members, so no mystery that it is not a mystery. Hindsight is 20/20.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Society

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What exactly would that be???
    any of the assortment of gender-breaking medical conditions?

at the time we haven't really encountered each other in the same discussions yet, and i wasn't quite up for a full blown investigation, so all i worked with was local data: the existence of this thread, which suggested that the answer was somehow interesting - meaning either defying bias & expectations, or somehow unusual.

- since you are an INTJ, the rarest among females, the bias would be male, so contrary to it would be female.
    - if it was the unusual option, it would normally be C. both A & B are correct/incorrect, a.k.a. something in the middle.

thus: female or something in the middle.

since then i've pretty much gotten used to thinking of you as female, so i'm not sure if my answer would be different based on your posts, since i already read them in that light... i'm not sure to what extent it influences me, intellectually i know that the male/female brain structure differences are actually about as accurate as the T/F bias (around 30-40% of each gender has the other gender's brain structure, so it doesn't make sense to me to define it by gender in the first place), but in all likelihood on some subconscious/instinctual levels it probably does (i would wager that without noticing it, i tend to be more competitive with other males and more cooperative with females, though i do know i do both with both, so that's not a 100% either).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    since then i've pretty much gotten used to thinking of you as female, so i'm not sure if my answer would be different based on your posts, since i already read them in that light... i'm not sure to what extent it influences me, intellectually i know that the male/female brain structure differences are actually about as accurate as the T/F bias (around 30-40% of each gender has the other gender's brain structure, so it doesn't make sense to me to define it by gender in the first place), but in all likelihood on some subconscious/instinctual levels it probably does (i would wager that without noticing it, i tend to be more competitive with other males and more cooperative with females, though i do know i do both with both, so that's not a 100% either).
    Overall, an interesting and relatively sound analysis. My own perspective is much in keeping with the highlighted, to which I have alluded on many threads. In starting this thread to begin with, I was partly motivated by how much importance most people seem to place on gender, relative to how little I place on it myself. Yes, I realized just my posing the question had implications for the answer, which is why I stated the thread should focus not so much on me (though fine to use me as an example), but on the overall idea of how we assign gender in the absence of the usual cues. I discontinued posting here for that reason, and pursued the question through other methods.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I thought coriolis was a guy.

I'm somewhat influenced by avatars which I realize is ridiculous, and I'm often wrong about genders. Communication style can also play a role, but that isn't always that revealing.
    I think that's what I do - look at avatars and communication style.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think that's what I do - look at avatars and communication style.
    What information do you gain from communication style? In other words, which characteristics do you tend to associate with men vs. women? This was a significant part of my OP question.