User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: Male or female?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Tried cutting and pasting your recent post history into here.
    Words: 1421
    (NOTE: The genie works best on texts of more than 500 words.)

Female Score: 2085
    Male Score: 1796
    The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: female!
    The accuracy on it is about 70%; better than a coin flip, but far from infallible.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Going through some of my posts:

Words: 3543

Female Score: 5474
    Male Score: 4895
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I had to take more than 15 posts to get to 800 words. Perhaps I haven't been so verbose lately. Anyways,

Female Score: 782
    Male Score: 1179

nice test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

I usuallly go by a combination of the avatar and from facts stated directly by the poster. Other than that, I tend to just throw most people into a "neutral gender" and put the matter completely out of mind. For the topic creator, it's obvious though, since she mentioned her gender in another thread. Anyway, on to the test:

Words: 1485

Female Score: 1808
    Male Score: 2644

The Gender Genie thinks the author of this passage is: male!

It will be interesting to see which types score for which. I had assumed that Thinkers would automatically score as possessing a masculine writing type, but so far we've had two INTPs with a higher feminine score than a masculine one. Perhaps the types with the most direct communication style are being scored as masculine. In that case, I would imagine that any type with Te as the first or secondary function is going to obtain a high "Male Score".
    Surgeons replace one of your neurons with a microchip that duplicates its input-output functions. You feel and behave exactly as before. Then they replace a second one, and a third one, and so on, until more and more of your brain becomes silicon. Since each microchip does exactly what the neuron did, your behavior and memory never change. Do you even notice the difference? Does it feel like dying? Is some other conscious entity moving in with you?
    -Steven Pinker on the Ship of Theseus Paradox

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I got
    Words: 925
    Female Score: 1345
    Male Score: 2273

Interesting and saved.

Edit: As for you haha I properly just read this thread and realise I just took the test without giving an opinion on your state. My leanings go to 2/3 you being female.
    Last edited by Synapse; 10-09-2010 at 10:18 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

It will be interesting to see which types score for which. I had assumed that Thinkers would automatically score as possessing a masculine writing type, but so far we've had two INTPs with a higher feminine score than a masculine one. Perhaps the types with the most direct communication style are being scored as masculine. In that case, I would imagine that any type with Te as the first or secondary function is going to obtain a high "Male Score".
    I'd have thought that, too. I ran a couple of my posts through Gender Genie, one I guessed would come back as female and one I figured would register as male, but they came back the same. GG is a cool idea, to be sure, but I'm not sure how much faith I put in it. Does using the word "and" really make me feminine, and "the" manly? Seriously? Do women not use articles as often as men?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I checked out Gender Genie. I agree - it's hard to see how it draws any meaningful conclusions based upon the specific words counted. (I wonder if it is somehow measuring T/F difference. The 70% accuracy would be consistent with this.) In any case, I tried several writing samples:

F 377, M 685 based on a report for work (690 words)
    F 943, M 1385 based on a journal paper (955 words)
    F 652, M 725 based on a long forum post (625 words)
    F 2560, M 3588 based on a series of personal emails (2188 words)
    F 1126, M 934 based on a short story excerpt (792 words)

Looks like GG thinks I'm male, unless I'm writing fiction! As for human opinions:

--Johnnyboy thinks I'm female because I created this thread.
    --Fduniho thinks I'm male because of my curiosity over what people regard me as.
    --(And Jock: I am over 30.)
    --MorganLeFay doesn't even think of me as a person, much less as a gender (thanks, I think)
    --LunarMoon thinks I already mentioned my gender on another thread.
    --and SavageBrain wouldn't believe me even if I did tell.

Maybe ambiguity is a good thing, especially since it doesn't really matter anyway . . . or does it?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Maybe ambiguity is a good thing, especially since it doesn't really matter anyway . . . or does it?
    It doesn't. Feel free to leave things as-is.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I actually figured male, based on type and avatar. That is, until i read this thread, then I changed my assumption to female. You seem to think that your gender is abnormal for your type, and since over 2/3 of INTJ are male, it's easy to conclude that you are female, which you have now confirmed.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by freeeekyyy View Post
    I actually figured male, based on type and avatar. That is, until i read this thread, then I changed my assumption to female. You seem to think that your gender is abnormal for your type, and since over 2/3 of INTJ are male, it's easy to conclude that you are female, which you have now confirmed.
    Actually, I haven't confirmed anything, and I'm not sure which of my comments has led you to think my gender is abnormal for my type. Yes, INTJs are 2/3 male, but 1/3 is a significant minority, and I would think most people on this forum would hesitate to assume anything from that alone. I am simply curious as to what people base gender assumptions on online, where we don't have the usual visual cues: username? avatar? type? writing style? writing content? preferred threads/topics?