User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp

What do you think it is about TypoC that makes it a place for such personal yet public exchanges?
    I'll join the chorus to say this is really not the place for really personal exchanges. Anything I write here I'd say in person - and then some.

As for why some use it as a confessional - unburdening yourself through sharing can be therapeutic. For others the forum seems to present a sort of scratching post (and some members make nifty punching bags).
    What are your own rules with regard to personal privacy? And finally...
    I don't have rules here. I just follow my nose.

Why are you here? And why do you stay?
    The inevitable downtime that I need to spend near a computer for work.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INFP

What is it about TypoC in particular that engenders such emotional and personal exposes?

A combination of factors. The anonymity of the internet, the trailblazing disclosures of others, fairly close friendships (by internet standards), and the nature of the forum. It's loosely a psychological forum to better help us understand why we are the way we are, and why others are the way they are. Exploring that often involves emotional and personal exposes.

What are your own rules with regard to personal privacy?

If I have rules I haven't identified them yet. I've shared things most people would keep to themselves (even typoc people), and not shared things most people would feel fine sharing.

I came for the typology and stayed for the people.

Im pretty open & share a lot here (but not my deepest darkest secrets of coarse). Sometimes I feel more safe sharing my random thoughts & feelings here than with people I know outside of this site, its kinda anonymous and whoever cares to answer can, if not they can ignore it. My friends & loved ones arent always left in the dark, but its nice to get an unbiased opinion and different perspectives, I also dont always like to burden them with my issues.

A few reasons why I came and why Im still here:

To hear other peoples points of views.
    To be a part of a community & relate to other other people with similar interests.
    To get advice and to help others.
    There are lots of cool peeps here too
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

What is it about TypoC in particular that engenders such emotional and personal exposes?
    Modus operandi is like a translatable expression of the opus. What you get is a reflection of the personable natures that extrapolate expression of perchance. Unlike reality, the ideology expressed within this arena of virtual attitudes is like an exquisite sampling of the soul urge to form spiral energies of spirit amongst fascinating personable energies. Of which you are gobsmacked with titillating treasures of insight, calamity and endeavor.

As such the expression born of the intuitive and sensory faculties alike, the psyche musters a process of creativity towards intentional interpretation of perspective. In doing so, like a sounding board, recreates the vista of eternal thoughts and feelings that linger in the inner recesses of the minds eye and walks on a journey, a journey that walks along a curve of lively optimism of what may come, of what may be and of what is a lively dance of sensation.

And in doing so the effects of vibrational connectivity create a pool of remarkable translation that joins a more profound harmonic resonance that does indeed cascade unlike anywhere else, for that matter wherever else could you find the diversity and complexity and vulnerability of the psyche, explored at its most astonishing!

What do you think it is about TypoC that makes it a place for such personal yet public exchanges?
    Then there was atmos and gravitron, and from atoms atmosphere emigrated along the corridors of endless expressions unlike most kind. With such expression the words appeared to reflect an exchange of familiarity with those energies that played along waves of energies that flowed like icing on the cake. It was the sweetest kind of energy, that there was.

Then gravitron pulled a gravitation shift along the orbit of time and the orbit of time fathomed this was the time to express inner energies that manifest as outer reality amongst those that felt it was a natural extension of their emotional guidance system. To take on board those feelings and thoughts and bounce, rather integrate themselves into presences of fine attunement towards befitting merriment of occasional mischief.

Speak your truth and your truth shall set you free.
    Meaning until recently my truth was a blanket draped in fine acrylic heavy blankets that it would appears few were privy to. And to the surface structure that was the inner patterns that weave surprisingly dense. Self disclosure apparently is a highly skilled art in the INFP way. The sway is such that with personable accounts somehow self disclosure continues to be a bark up a raft full of reeds blocked by canopy of foliage. In other words any words spoken of, are a barometer of that self disclosure effect. Which means however comfortable thy self modality happens to be in the art of expressive liberation, then that is covered by the depravity of words and the depravity of words is covered by defensive manuscripts of astonished length that sends feelings of certain emotions across the spectrum of thoughts that stipulate the clause of self disclosure. so what you get is what you see and what you don't see is what you don't get. pretty simple stuff, grins.

Attitude baby! Interest and Personality is like a finely lit commodity in the community. And like any great community develops modalities of social presence then so it is that the social presence of the signatures, affable natures, playful yet noble spirits that roam the waters of a comfortable river bank. The goodness that proliferates here is, like attracts like and so it is. Like attracts like mindedness, and like mindedness creates personality matrices and personality matrices creates doors towards enlightenment of course.

Lots of luff.

Well not in so many words but amusement, entertainment and enjoyment come to mind.

garbage

In many of the subforums, we talk about psychology and relationships and all, so I suppose it's natural for our personal experiences and emotions to bubble to the surface.

The more 'theoretical' subforums don't seem to exhibit those traits, though.

I post a lot of things that could probably identify me if anyone actually cared to do so. Welp

I default toward sharing something if it'll help someone else out, but I don't typically share frivolous or irrelevant details. I do that in my daily life as well.

I'm probably more prone to take advantage of the 'unlimited' airspace that forums provide.

Interesting discussions and a chance to talk about psychology and relationships, and a great environment for discussing those sorts of topics.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I haven't actually noticed that this forum "in particular" prompts an unusual amount of self-disclosure. Internet forums in general can feel safe because of the anonymity, and when the same members hang around and interact for years a sense of familiarity and intimacy can develop and people tend to share personal stuff. But this forum isn't unusual in that way. I've been on some forums that had more personal discussion and some that had less.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's a place to understand behavior. I think those type of exchanges will naturally follow.

There are some things I've wanted to say on here...actually questions but I refrain because I feel my questions are too personal--revealing too much about myself. I am not like this IRL at all; I tend to be quite formal with people and guard my privacy quite fiercely...even with family members. Here it's not so bad to be so forward or revealing--you don't really know who I am.

Driven by curiosity about myself, other people, the intersection of our interactions. I'm driven to dive into deeper layers of understanding. I want to understand the steps, the moves, the music, and how it all fits together. Some of it is used as a tool to bridge the gaps when interacting with other types. It can be a rough tool but I've found it helpful.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm not sure it's really that personal, SB. People talk about personal things, but I don't think it's the real, REAL personal stuff. A lot of what they talk about is propaganda. Self-promotional material. I'm a cynical mood.

No different from regular life: I ask whatever I want, and reveal next to nothing about myself.

I'm here because INTPcentral got too serious and I felt more comfy here. I stay because I like getting rep, intellectual stimulation, and the occasional romantic connection.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Romantic connection here? Somehow I can't imagine getting together with anyone on here even if I like them. Can't pinpoint why exactly, but it would seem weird.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Romance is always weird.