User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    What do you think it is about TypoC that makes it a place for such personal yet public exchanges?
    What are your own rules with regard to personal privacy? And finally...

Why are you here? And why do you stay?
    I don't post anything here I wouldn't be willing to talk with others about. I post stuff here that others wouldn't be interested in. And I post in a style that is fun to use.

Rules, I don't post any comments about people close to me. I don't discuss and ask questions on personal matters about people close to me. I deal with the person and don't see any discussion with others as being of any benefit.

Solid Introvert Style.

I stay because it provides an outlet for some aspect of me. I can express myself in a unique way. Also, everybody uses English.

It amused me when I first started posting here that I felt I was being really emo and personal. That is how it felt to me, then the feedback from others was not even close to me coming across like that.

Funny world.

Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    SecondBest, your latest posts/threads are leading me to wonder if you are so/sp rather than the reverse, especially with the distanced, in-depth preoccupation for answers regarding forum-wide social hierarchy, clockwork dynamics, etc. What do you think?
    I am less familiar with enneagrams so I couldn't give any more information other than the fact that, though introverted I may be, I am interested in seeing how specifics fit within the larger scheme of things, related to society and humanity in general. I wouldn't say social hierarchy in this forum is my concern though... perhaps you mean social value structure and the manifestation of such elements in dynamics, themes, topic trends, etc? In which case, yes, I'd agree - I'm very interested in things of that nature.

Also, thanks to everyone who's posted so far! This is very helpful.

MBTI
    INTJ

There are things I would post here that I wouldn't bring up in real life. For one thing, it would be weird to start talking about myself in general company during the normal idle chit-chat. But here, because we're all trying to unravel how MBTI works and what makes the different types tick, it's what we all do.

And, even more so, there's the safety net of anonymity.

I hate revealing too many personal things here, to be honest. I've tried, but I delete the posts afterwards. Not that anything I say is provocative. I'm just out of my element, I guess.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i hate sharing too...it's not that i'd mind a bit if the person were here in front of me but just because i don't mind being totally honest with you about it doesn't mean i want the words forever frozen in internetland.

whatever that means....
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I've sometimes hated to find old diaries, I've destroyed a few, although to be honest they are more personal and its obvious that an immaturity is at work, some of my more recent journals bother me because of the things which preoccupied me dont now, I've got perspective that comes with the passage of time and perhaps that bothers me.

Although I've never experienced so obvious a paradigm shift as to hate my earlier ideas or posts online, most of the time I can still see how I've not changed that much and what change has taken place has been beneficial while still preserving that which was originally good in the earlier perspective.

I can only think of one instance in which a troll kept upcasting to me things I'd said previously, particularly when they'd caused me to lose my temper with them, essentially that was what it was about and I decided not to play their game.

It was interesting though because, as I put it to them, people could be talking about "Larkisms" or "pulling a Lark" or "sounding like Lark" in the sense that they had coined a phrase for being bad tempered but it was the sort of profile and memorability which said troll had tried very deliberately and very hard for some time to accomplish surrounding themselves. In a sense, within that group dynamic, I'd been immortalised and would be recalled long after they where forgotten despite their best efforts.

Its not something I relish, I've met other people from forums in person and they've been surprised that I'm not this angry character that they've imagined but its a different matter from the sort of desperation which explodes forth from some people as trollish behaviour.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

What is it about TypoC in particular that engenders such emotional and personal exposes?
    I don't know... the people probably come in search of insight about personality, and they want to help anyone else on the same quest, so it seems useful to share some thing...

What are your own rules with regard to personal privacy?
    I don't really have rules. I don't like the idea that someone I know in real life comes here and stalks every post I've written, but I guess it depends who it is and what he does with it and so on... But, on the other hand I don't remember revealing anything too huge, not even sure if there are any things like that...

Why are you here? And why do you stay?
    I came here for some MBTI info, but became more disinterested in the concept. I stayed because I like this place.

I also think that when looking for an answer for almost anything concerning psychology, this is very good place to ask. There is often a wide range of perspectives, a lot more than I have access to in real life, and it's not unusual for there to be a consensus that gives you the wise thing to do. In fact I think that this setting somehow makes it easier for wisdom in a life philosophy kinda way to somehow come through a lot more than usually. Probably has to do with the people's interest in these things.

Smile Openness and Neuroticism

Openness is a sign of low neuroticism. Emotional openness, intellectual openness and social openness are signs of psychological health.

The strong silent type is now passé. And the labile type is now desirable.

It's interesting that we can reduce neuroticism in children simply by talking to them on the telephone. And the internet is the telephone connected to the computer. So just as the telephone is therapeutic, so is the internet.

Little did we know that by talking to one another we are being therapeutic. Look, look - I'm doing therapy right now. And should you be interested enough, intelligent enough or even kind enough to reply to this post, you will be doing therapy too. We will be doing therapy together.

We live in the therapeutic society. Individualism is now dead along with God and the author. And we have formed an electronic tribe in the global village and called it Typology Central.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The strong silent type is now passé.
    Yes, because wife-beating is becoming less and less popular each day.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Yes, because wife-beating is becoming less and less popular each day.
    It wasn't so long ago we were saying, "The more you beat them, the better they be". And today it is only Islam that teaches us how to beat our wives - for their own good of course.